Alamo Update

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Keith
Posts in topic: 2

Alamo Update

Post by Keith »

Went to Alamo this morn but stopped for breakfast first were 5 SanAntonio police officers were eating. I was very respectful and asked if CHL was allowed at the Alamo they said no way. This was a incorrect statement. Per the Alamo guard carry away. No signs or gun check inn points. CHL totaly legal allowed at Alamo!
When the bullet leaves
You can't bring it back

DONT TREAD ON ME

Re: Alamo Update

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

From my experiences with SAPD (very few) they are extremely ignorant on CHL laws. This does not mean that they are anti CHL just ignorant on CHL laws.

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

From the title, I thought you had an update on the outcome of the Alamo. :smilelol5:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Keith wrote:Went to Alamo this morn but stopped for breakfast first were 5 SanAntonio police officers were eating. I was very respectful and asked if CHL was allowed at the Alamo they said no way. This was a incorrect statement. Per the Alamo guard carry away. No signs or gun check inn points. CHL totaly legal allowed at Alamo!
You are absolutely right. And when you ask a "big city" cop about whether CHL is permitted in some place or other, don't be surprised if you get a misinformed reply. Before the Fort Worth gun shows started posting 30.06 signage at the entrances, if you asked the Fort Worth cops outside the door if CHL was allowed inside, they would have told you "no," which was not legally correct information. I found this out the hard way when I was brand new to CHL, before they started posting the entrances to the show.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

Since we are planning in going to San Antone for vacation this spring, I called the Alamo and asked the lady who answered and she said she didn't know, that she would transfer me to the chapel. I asked if CHL was allowed, and she was friendly and knowledgeable and said "yes, as long as concealed it is allowed." They USED to have lockers, but no more.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cougartex

Post by cougartex »

Carry-a-Kimber wrote:From the title, I thought you had an update on the outcome of the Alamo. :smilelol5:
"rlol" :txflag: "rlol"
Cougars are shy, reclusive, and downright mysterious... :txflag:

shootthesheet

Post by shootthesheet »

When I was very new to CHL I went to a gun show in Wichita Falls and asked the LEO there if CHL was okay. He told me it was not when I knew it was. So, it is not only "big city" LEOs that make mistakes or purposly lie. The problem I think is that they don't know but don't want to sound like they don't. I had rather think that than I would think they were hostile to CHL.
http://gunrightsradio.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
Keith

Post by Keith »

I'm def not a anti Cops kind of person but damn it bugs me when they don't know the law or chose to make there own laws. I'm a paramedic imagine going on a cardiac arrest and not knowing what the protocol was or if I decided to treat the patient my was not what the protocol says.
When the bullet leaves
You can't bring it back

LarryH

Post by LarryH »

Basic principle of bureaucracy: you can never get in trouble (with your "superiors") for telling someone "no".

samobius

Post by samobius »

wgoforth wrote:Since we are planning in going to San Antone
:ack: San Anton-io.

CrimsonSoul

Post by CrimsonSoul »

It's easier to turn a no into a yes, than a yes into a no which is why he probably answered you no to begin with, just my 2 cents
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

samobius wrote:
I was born and raised in (sound it out) San Antone, but spelled San Antonio. We say San Antone even though it is spelled San Antonio. Least ways, that is how we said it out past the sleepy little town around China Grove called Sayers Texas.

Gary
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

ELB

Post by ELB »

gwashorn wrote: I was born and raised in (sound it out) San Antone, but spelled San Antonio. We say San Antone even though it is spelled San Antonio. Least ways, that is how we said it out past the sleepy little town around China Grove called Sayers Texas.

Gary
Heck, I grew up in Indiana and knew "San Antone" was the colloquial expression. Guess no one listens to old time western music (e.g. Sons of the Purple Sage) any more...

And asking cops on the street what the law is on anything is a sure way to garner unwanted attention. :eek6

p.s. WRT the original post, go see this: http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 95#p384825" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
USAF 1982-2005

Dutch

Post by Dutch »

gwashorn wrote:
samobius wrote:
I was born and raised in (sound it out) San Antone, but spelled San Antonio. We say San Antone even though it is spelled San Antonio. Least ways, that is how we said it out past the sleepy little town around China Grove called Sayers Texas.

Gary

I was born and raise in SAN ANTONIO. "San Antone" was something we only heard in a Bob Wills song.

CrimsonSoul

Post by CrimsonSoul »

Dutch wrote:
gwashorn wrote:
samobius wrote:

Gary

I was born and raise in SAN ANTONIO. "San Antone" was something we only heard in a Bob Wills song.
San Antone is also what the Tango Blast (prison gang) call it, and Houstone for Houston.
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”