Taurus Model 605

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rangefinderII
Posts in topic: 1

Taurus Model 605

Post by rangefinderII »

I took my 605 to the range today. It's a 2" snub. I shot about 100 Winchester range ammo .38 SPL 130 grain.

SWEET!

Very controllable. SA/DA both nice. I think this is even nicer than the 85CH. It is going to be a very nice piece for CCW.

My wife plans to adopt my 85CH as her own once she gets her license.

YabuUS

Re: Taurus Model 605

Post by YabuUS »

rangefinderII wrote:I took my 605 to the range today. It's a 2" snub. I shot about 100 Winchester range ammo .38 SPL 130 grain.

SWEET!

Very controllable. SA/DA both nice. I think this is even nicer than the 85CH. It is going to be a very nice piece for CCW.

My wife plans to adopt my 85CH as her own once she gets her license.

I also have a Taurus 605 in blue. When I first got it the cylinder would lock up now and then. That problem seem to go away after a couple hundred rounds. I guess the lesson here is that you really have to break these guns in before they are reliable. No problems with it since then. I am a long time Taurus fan. I own three of them - two semi-auto's and the 605 snubby. I keep the snubby next to my bed for home security. I don't plan to carry that gun simply because I can't hit the broadside of a barn with a snubby - never have been able to. For some reason I just can't shoot a revolver accurately. I do much better with the semi-auto's. The 605 is a .357, of course, and practicing with .38spl is a breeze. Load it up with the magnum loads and whoa!, it's a whole different experience! Wouldn't want to shoot mag. loads in this little gun all day. But I agree, it's a good gun and remain on my bedside table for a long time.

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

I have a 605 that I'm very fond of. I have a set of Crimson Trace grips on it and they are fantastic. Never had any problems with it.

The magnum loads are no fun, but definitely controllable. Very comfortable to shoot with 38.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

flechero

Post by flechero »

I have the 651 in titanium... it's surprisingly accurate and controllable. I wouldn't sell it for twice what I paid for it. ;-)

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”