Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Eddie2612
Posts in topic: 2

Full Size CCW -

Post by Eddie2612 »

Hello,

Im thinking of getting a Glock 21 SF - after some great recommendations from fellow members of this site I believe Im going to get the Comp-Tac MTAC IWB holster.. Well they sell additional parts to modify holster for larger handguns - which leads me to my question.. Do you guys feel that a Glock 21 SF (full size .45) is "concealable"?.. Logically I would like to go to my gun store and "trial run" but they are out of this particular gun..

Thanks

Glock 19 - IWB
Ruger P345 = .45
Sig Sauer Mosquito .22LR

bdickens
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Full Size CCW -

Post by bdickens »

Just about anything is concealable if you put your mind to it.
Byron Dickens

skip

Post by skip »

I sometimes carry my XDm40 with a leather belt slide holster, and you cant tell I am carrying it. :tiphat:

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

The secret to concealing any gun is to dress around the gun(s). I carry a full size M&P in an OWB with 2 spare mags and have no problem concealing them. Buy a few loose fitting shirts and you should be good to go.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I sometimes carry and conceal a full sized 1911, both IWB and OWB, so it can definitely be done.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

dewayneward

Post by dewayneward »

My daily conceal carry is a Hi-point C9 9mm at 7-8 o'clock(I'm a lefty) in a tuckable IWB. It is comparable to your glock (a buddy of mine has "your" gun).

I have never had a problem with it printing/failing to conceal.....except when my 3 year old grabs the back of my shirt, lifts it up and yells in the middle of the store "Let me see your gun daddy!!!!"
Col 2:8 See to it that no man takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men,according to the elementary principles of the world,rather than according to Christ.
austin received app 12/10
Processing app 12/22/08
App comp 1/26/09
Plastic in hand 1/30/09

Wildscar

Post by Wildscar »

I carry a Beretta 92FS and they dont get much bigger than that. See the review on the holster I carry in my signature line.
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Carry what you like, what you have trained with and what you are comfortable knowing that you can use in a stressful situation. I have carried small guns (G27/G30) up to my full size Para 14.45 LDA LTD. Depending on what I am wearing I may change guns. With the right holster and clothing even a full size can be concealed. Normally I like having 14+1 of .45 +p as well as 14 more in another mag with me just in case.

bryang

Post by bryang »

Hey, Eddie, I carry a 1911 .45 and spare mag with no problems. As others have already stated you will have to dress accordingly. When you carry a gun, you will have to make some adjustments in your wardrobe and you can conceal anything.

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

RiverRat

Post by RiverRat »

I regularly carry an XD45 compact with a little shorter grip than my XD45 in the MTAC, but would have no hesitation about carrying the full size......just a little heavier, and in my case harder to keep my pants up. :smilelol5:

I have a good double belt. The issue is the front part above the belt keeps pushing down, helping gravity pull my pants down. Maybe suspenders would help me keep them up. I can't imagine trying to run carrying the full size....in jepardy of possible exposure (indecent, that is).

As mentioned above about carry clothes, I buy shirts a size larger so they'll blouse more, I buy my pants two inches bigger because of the IWB. I doesn't help the "keeping pants ON part". :cheers2:
Life member NRA and TSRA

Mike from Texas

Post by Mike from Texas »

I have that EXACT combo and have carried it on occasion. You have to be more selective about your dress, but it definitely doable. It does wear on you quicker than when carrying my Glock 26 or my Kimber Ultra Carry.

I am 5'11 and about 210# if that helps any.
A few Glocks, a few Kahrs, Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm, Dan Wesson CBOB 45ACP, Springer Champion Operator

****************************************************************************************************

One Shot

Post by One Shot »

Concealable, yes, comfortable, not so.
My Glock 20 is a lot less comfortable than the 29 IWB.
Consider the 21's baby brother with a full-size mag for reload.
One Shot

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I dress around the rig as well...I carry a full size 1911, and it feels like it belongs there...I don't even think about it anymore...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

tropicalsun

Post by tropicalsun »

I have been carrying a XDM 9mm (19+1) in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I'm 5'3' and losing weight fast at 133lbs. You cannot tell I am carrying, tucked or on tucked, unless I bend over at the waist more than just a little bit. The handle prints on the back of my shirt. I can fixt that by moving the holster a little more toward my back, but that gets uncomfortable if sitting for a lenght of time in my office chair. I barely notice I am wearing it most of the time. So, it is absoslutely possible.

Tropicalsun
Rob

Topic author
Eddie2612
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Eddie2612 »

Thanks guys.. I'm chompin at the bit to get the plastic in the mail.. I appreciate everyones input..

Glock 19 - IWB
Ruger P345 = .45
Sig Sauer Mosquito .22LR

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”