Anybody recall the store clerk who shot

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rl168
Posts in topic: 2

Anybody recall the store clerk who shot

Post by rl168 »

and killed a man for stealing beer from the convenience store a few months ago? I think the store clerk followed the guy out of the store with his handgun, and he thought the guy was going to pull a gun on him. I think it happened in Houston but I don't remember reading anything about what happened to the store clerk. Anyone remembers?

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anybody recall the store clerk who shot

Post by G.A. Heath »

It happened in Lubbock, and I have heard no new info on the case.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

rgunn

Post by rgunn »

No indictment.

Update: Liquor store robber shot in East Lubbock.
by grandpatim on Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:25 pm

grandpatim wrote:
A liquor store clerk is in custody in the Lubbock County Jail after he chased down the man that robbed the store and shot and killed him. The police said that the robber was found in the car of the clerk. The sheriffs office says that since the robber was shot off of the store property the clerk is being held for possible charges.

Both stories I have posted are the first reports at 6 PM tonight. The updated ones from 10 PM are not on the websites yet. I will post more as I find it.

http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s=7308151

http://everythinglubbock.com/content/fulltext/?cid=3989

The Grand Jury refused to indict the store clerk today. I will post the news story as soon as it becomes available. If it does. It was kind of a matter of fact type thing on the news tonight.grandpatim

Private message

mctowalot

Post by mctowalot »

Sounds like we have more than one case (no pun intended) of store clerk shooting beer thief here. I'm in Houston and we had the exact thing happen a few months back. Title is pretty much self describing - happened about 10 blocks from my house.
Guy runs out to car with stolen beer, clerk follows, guy gets in car with stolen beer, clerk follows outside and confronts guy in car who, according to clerk, "appeared to be reaching into waistband for something". Clerk shots beer thief dead right there in parking lot of store. Lots of attention in media at first, lots of comments from local paper readers both pro and con. But then story disappears. After all, we've got Joe Horn to talk about now.

Topic author
rl168
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rl168 »

mctowalot wrote:Sounds like we have more than one case (no pun intended) of store clerk shooting beer thief here. I'm in Houston and we had the exact thing happen a few months back. Title is pretty much self describing - happened about 10 blocks from my house.
Guy runs out to car with stolen beer, clerk follows, guy gets in car with stolen beer, clerk follows outside and confronts guy in car who, according to clerk, "appeared to be reaching into waistband for something". Clerk shots beer thief dead right there in parking lot of store. Lots of attention in media at first, lots of comments from local paper readers both pro and con. But then story disappears. After all, we've got Joe Horn to talk about now.
Yes, this is the case I was referring to. I have not read anything about this since and I thought I must have missed it. I guess the media attention is on the Pasadena case now.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”