Walked out of Academy Last Night

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Walked out of Academy Last Night

Post by philip964 »

So my house fortunately didn’t flood with Harvey. But water got way up. I put shoes on and walked through knee deep water to see how deep. Later I was hearing about people gettting flesh eating virus from the water.

So I decided to get waders.

Here’s where Academy comes in.

Went there on I10 and Gessner. Waders are near the guns. Gun people found them, and found another store that had the 129 dollar waders on sale for 29 dollars in stock. The staff was really great.

Been a while since I checked ammunition, well there was tons available and range 9mm was like 9 dollars a box of 50.

I may start target shooting again.

More winning.

striker55
Posts in topic: 1

Post by striker55 »

I worked for Academy for a while, they hired me for part time but wanted me to work full time hours because they wouldn't have to give me full time employee benefits. Then I was working at 5am to stock shelves before the store opened, which I liked because I went home around 10am. Then the manager told me to work the closing shift without advance notice, I told him I was a morning person and couldn't change like that, he said tough I worked in retail. I told him not any longer, I quit.

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:14 pm This just happened to me last week when I was buying a bottle of Frog Lube to try out. No ammo, no magazines, no weapons. Just lubricant that could be used on a firearm. They asked me for ID, I asked the girl why and she held up the bottle.

Academy is really getting out of control.
Does Frog Lube have a warning making it part of the Abusable Volatile Chemicals (AVC) Program? We have so many laws that just don't make a lot of sense.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”