Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

Well, I have made a couple posts, so I figured I better introduce myself. My name is Steve Rothstein. I am currently employed as the training coordinator for the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission. This means I am in charge of their police academy. It is one of only three state-wide academies and the only place I know of that is certified for both police courses and accounting continuing education credits for CPA's.

I have also worked as a patrol supervisor in a small town, patrolman for a large city, and patrol, physical security, and corrections for the Army as an MP.

I probably won't check in every day, but fairly often. One of my pet peeves is to get the law correctly stated and understood by what it actually says, instead of some of the urban legends on the law. If we do not understand it and how to read it, the government can get away with anything. Of course, I am not a lawyer and my interpretation is not legal advice, or even always correct. I am still learning it too.
Steve Rothstein

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 29

Post by KBCraig »

srothstein wrote:Well, I have made a couple posts, so I figured I better introduce myself. My name is Steve Rothstein.
Welcome, my friend!

It is one of only three state-wide academies and the only place I know of that is certified for both police courses and accounting continuing education credits for CPA's.
When I went through FLETC, I saw some IRS-CID t-shirts that made me laugh: "I'm your worst nightmare -- an accountant with a badge and a gun!"

Kevin

Dirt Dauber

Post by Dirt Dauber »

As for my introduction, it's pretty simple.My name is Doug Becker, live in the waste lands of Lee County. I'm a youngster at 55 and I drive a gravel truck here locally for a very small company.Got my CHL Dec. 2 2006, but the wife unit ( picked that little moniker up off of this forum somewhere) had hers for a couple of years now. I have a few pistols but like my ( heaven forbid )
GLOCK. But the good news is the XD 45 is on the way!

I'm looking forward to being part of a wonderful forum and the knowledgeable people involved here. :grin:

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Skiprr »

A big, post-Christmas Day activities welcome to Txroadcyclist, trueno, Armybrat, srothstein (thanks for sticking around), and Dirt Dauber. I'm a semi-newbie myself, but do tend to get...er, loquacious from time to time.

Very glad you're here, and I look froward to your insight and experience.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

carlson1
Posts in topic: 166

Post by carlson1 »

For anyone that I have missed I would like to WELCOME you to the Forum.

Roger Howard
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Roger Howard »

Skiprr wrote: welcome to Txroadcyclist, trueno, Armybrat, srothstein (thanks for sticking around), and Dirt Dauber. .
Welcome, glad to have you aboard
If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

dallas_drummer

Post by dallas_drummer »

What's up everyone! My name is Chris. I've been checkin out the forum for a month or so and finally decided to register and join in the posting. I've learned alot from reading what all of you have wrote.

I'm 25, work at home depot when I'm home, and a musican. I tour the country rather often(all though I'm home in dallas working on a record at this time) so I'm very carefull to watch what other states I'm allowed to carry in.

I currently carry a glock 19 with Federal Hydroshock hollowpoints. Have tried many holsters(pager pal-hate, uncle mikes IWB-o.k, ect ect) and just today found one that I love. It's a Blackhawk CQC retention paddle holster.

Anyway...I look forward to talking with everyone!

Roger Howard

Post by Roger Howard »

Welcome Chris, glad you finally joined.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

tallmike
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tallmike »

I have been on here for a few weeks I guess I should introduce myself. =)

I am not actually in Texas yet, I currently live in Las Vegas but my new house in Kyle, TX will be ready around Feb 20th (south of Austin) and at that point I will be transferring to Texas. I have had my CCW for the last 4 years or so (2 years living in Kentucky and the 2 years I have lived here in Vegas) and I will be getting my Texas permit once I get down there. No big rush on it since I have my Utah permit and I can carry on it, but once we get there and the wife gets a job Ill be looking for a class.

I work for an armored car company but not on the trucks. I am an electronics technician mostly so I work on some safes that we manufacture and I do IT work around the branches (if its a simple problem that I can figure out).

I carry a Glock 23 in a HBELeatherworks holster (its beautiful but he is very slow to make them) and I am a young pup at only 31. =)

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Skiprr »

dallas_drummer: Darned good to have another working musician on the boards. Casselthief can use the company. ;-)

tallmike: Welcome. I'll be at the Venetian for a few days starting Feb 18; maybe we can hook up if you're still in town.

Oh, and Vegas ain't exactly my cup o' tea. I'll take the Texas Hill Country anytime. The move? Good decision. :thumbsup:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

casselthief
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by casselthief »

Chris, aka DallasDrummer: what band(s) are you in? I know a few( :lol: ) musicians here in the DFW area, maybe we have a circle or two that cross.
anyway, welcome, good to see someone else in their 20's roun' these parts.
"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun..."

tallmike
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tallmike »

Hey Skiprr why not come to town a few days early and help me lift the heavy stuff? =)

We plan to be in Texas by the 18th, hoping to move our closing up to the 16th in fact and be there even earlier.

The Venetian is a nice place, try the Grand Lux Cafe for a meal. Its a 24 hour cheesecake factory and the food and deserts are very good.

Roger Howard

Post by Roger Howard »

Welcome tallmike

Jerry

Introduction

Post by Jerry »

Hello everyone. My name is Jerry Johnson. I've been a member since May and this is my first post. I visit this site almost daily and I must say ya'll are the nicest bunch of folks there could possibly be. I feel like I know a lot of you even though we've never met. I live in the Waco area, am 57 yrs. old, and have been a UPS driver for almost 30 yrs. I've had my CHL since 2001. My carry gun is a Glock 30. I know this will not offend Longtooth since he is a recent convert. :lol:
NRA
TSRA
USCCA
Tx CHA
Tx CHL holder
GOA

carlson1
Posts in topic: 166

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome Jerry. Jump in and enjoy. I look forward to reading your future post.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”