Top Shot 3

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

AJMag
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Top Shot 3

Post by AJMag »

michael e wrote:I agree, those challenges would be fun. I need to win the lotto and get alot of land.
You ain't alone with that thought.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Dave2 »

AJMag wrote:
michael e wrote:I agree, those challenges would be fun. I need to win the lotto and get alot of land.
The rolling cannon one wouldn't take up too much space. There's probably room for it at any of the ranges with tactical training bays.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

AJMag

Post by AJMag »

Dave2 wrote:
AJMag wrote:
The rolling cannon one wouldn't take up too much space. There's probably room for it at any of the ranges with tactical training bays.
But where would we put the trail for horse carriage/truck riding and gunning. Or the crane for falling and shooting. Ahh heck, there ain't enough land for me to set up all the cool stuff I've seen and come up with to shoot at. :coolgleamA:

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

AJMag wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
AJMag wrote:
But where would we put the trail for horse carriage/truck riding and gunning. Or the crane for falling and shooting. Ahh heck, there ain't enough land for me to set up all the cool stuff I've seen and come up with to shoot at. :coolgleamA:
The horse 'n' buggy one would take up a fair bit of space, but the crane's footprint wouldn't be too big. The problem with that one is you're giving some random person a bird's eye view of all the surrounding building and gun to shoot them with. I'm not too worried about it myself, but you know some of the neighbors would be, so unless you're surrounded by farmland, you'd need to buy up a lot of the surrounding area just to keep the locals from getting nervous.

Most of the challenges look like they'd take up about a large backyard's worth of space, not including a backstop. If you wanted them all out at the same time, though, then yeah that would take a huge amount of land. You'd need a fair sized staff, too.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Topic author
bigmoney
Posts in topic: 11

Post by bigmoney »

Go big or go home, right?
Don't choose a username while a stupid insurrance commercial is on the tv
M&P 9c edc
LCP bug
NRA

chlag01
Posts in topic: 5

Post by chlag01 »

You must all DVR the show to watch Wednesday. I though surely someone would have commented on this week's episode by now.

I didn't find this week's episode nearly as entertaining as the previous three. Maybe it's just me, but watching a couple of guys fumble around with a hand-cranked Gatling gun just isn't exciting. Now give them each an automatic Minigun and we're in business.

I have started listening to the aforementioned radio interviews with each week's loser, and they do provide a lot of interesting back story and insight. Drew's interview came across about how I expected it would: lame, whiny excuses.
CHL since 08/31/2011
XDm Compact 3.8" 9mm in Comp-Tac MTAC holster
TSRA Member

AJMag

Post by AJMag »

DANG IT! school work got in the way and I forgot about the show :banghead: oh well, it probably wasn't going to be as good as I hoped

Domineaux
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Domineaux »

Yeah last nights episode was good but not as exciting. The "Shooting Dice" challenge was kinda cool but slow paced and the minigun elimination was cool but less exciting due to the slow nature of it as well.

Really glad though to see Ginger (Mike) man up after another failure, though thought the team fell for his lobbying against Mark who was the only perfect shooter for Red in the challenge.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."
Houston Gunners: http://houstongunforum.com
Suggestions by Domineaux

CEOofEVIL
Posts in topic: 8

Post by CEOofEVIL »

Tonights episode was pretty cool! I enjoyed the hand thrown weapons. The Hotchkiss was absolutely awesome though! In my opinion the coolest thing they've shot so far this season.

I now need one :mrgreen:

Domineaux
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Domineaux »

The Hotchkiss Mountain Gun was rather awesome last night, can you imagine being 30 feet from two of them firing head to head.
Seems the marksmen got ahold of the primitive throwing weapons pretty well overall and again Cliff impresses on the Red team.
I didn't like seeing who they eliminated though as he had a good personality and was indeed one of the best all around marksmen so far.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."
Houston Gunners: http://houstongunforum.com
Suggestions by Domineaux

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

I didn't like seeing who they eliminated though as he had a good personality and was indeed one of the best all around marksmen so far.
:iagree: No offense to the Special Forces community, but I was hoping Jake would be called out and sent packing. His abrasive, take charge manner in this game where he has no more experience than anyone else grates on me. Also, Jarrett has consistently been productive for the team and I enjoyed the angle of co-workers on separate teams.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

CrimsonSoul
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CrimsonSoul »

I'm glad this show is on Hulu!
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

koolaid
Posts in topic: 8

Post by koolaid »

This was the best and worst episode so far this season.

Good
- The mountain guns were awesome and probably one of the best challenges they've had in the show.

Bad
- The past seasons have shown that nobody can throw knives or tomahawks even into a flat piece of wood. Why they thought adding rotating boards and blocked targets to this was a good idea is completely beyond me.

- I nearly lost it when they went to the weapon overview screen and it just said "Rock."

- Where did these guys learn how to throw? Small children can throw rocks through a window 10 feet in front of them. It was just embarrassing.

- There is one scene where they failed to obscure the host when he wasn't actively shouting. He was in the background. The entire time he was standing there not realizing he was on camera and listening to his ear piece his mouth was just going through these ridiculous cowboy mouth contortions, and I again almost lost it. He does this thing that he must have gotten from his voice coach where he stretches his lips back really tight and pulls them really hard against his teeth when he wants to sound extra country. It was awful to behold.
01/02/2010 - Plastic

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Middle Age Russ wrote:No offense to the Special Forces community, but I was hoping Jake would be called out and sent packing. His abrasive, take charge manner in this game where he has no more experience than anyone else grates on me.
I've heard (on the internet, so it must be true!) that the Special Forces community would largely agree with you.

UpTheIrons
Posts in topic: 6

Post by UpTheIrons »

Middle Age Russ wrote:...I was hoping Jake would be called out and sent packing.
If Sara Ahrens is to be believed, Jake set himself up for automatic advancement by stating early on to the Blue Team that he would go to elimination, win it, and come back and throw every succeeding challenge if he were ever voted to the elimination round.
"I don't know how that would ever be useful, but I want two!"

Springs are cheap - your gun and your life aren't.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”