Sons of Gun

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sons of Gun

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

So apparently welding a bunch of conduit together and mounting it on a trailer frame makes it worth $5,000.00 :headscratch. I'm not so sure hobby rockets are going to work against pirates with RPGs, not to mention the Maritime laws about placing "weapons" on ships. And next week they "invent" a device to kill alligators, guess these guys have never heard of a Bangstick before? This show is rediculous.

jlangton

Post by jlangton »

rm9792 wrote:
Mike1951 wrote:In the last episode, a couple came in to buy a home defense weapon. Since neither exhibited any familiarity, they refused to sell them a gun and showed them the door.
But it is a lot of fun to watch.
That incident struck me as counterproductive to our cause and rude. I would like to have seen the owner offer to show them how to operate the gun safely rather than act like a jerk and say "your not worthy". Show is really cool though. How are they supposed to learn if they have no one or no gun to learn with?
I agree-that irritated me quite a bit.
JL
"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
-Thomas Jefferson.

6/14/08-CHL Class
10/15/08-Plastic in Hand

rmr1923
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rmr1923 »

just watched the "flashlight gun" episode on demand last night. i vaguely remember seeing something exactly like this on TV a couple years ago but i don't know if it ever went on the market. anyone know anything about this?

zero4o3
Posts in topic: 3

Post by zero4o3 »

rmr1923 wrote:just watched the "flashlight gun" episode on demand last night. i vaguely remember seeing something exactly like this on TV a couple years ago but i don't know if it ever went on the market. anyone know anything about this?
I have not seen this episode, but a buddy of mine, his dad has a light that looks like a mag light that shoots a .410 shell from the back is that similar?

alvins

Post by alvins »

zero4o3 wrote:
rmr1923 wrote:just watched the "flashlight gun" episode on demand last night. i vaguely remember seeing something exactly like this on TV a couple years ago but i don't know if it ever went on the market. anyone know anything about this?
I have not seen this episode, but a buddy of mine, his dad has a light that looks like a mag light that shoots a .410 shell from the back is that similar?

its not really a big deal. they took a gun, welded a flashlight and laser on it. made a box it flips in and out of. this is suppose to be some world changing invention? I thought the fold up gun they were trying to copy was cooler.

TheGasMan

Post by TheGasMan »

This show gets on my nerves a bit. Pretty much everything they do is a copy of someone else's work. The folding pistol/flashlight has been done before with a much better setup:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I haven't seen them do anything an average gunsmith couldn't do. Actually, just about everything I've seen them do I could probably reasonably duplicate in my garage. But I digress, if it gets someone interested in shooting sports then it can't be all bad... I guess...

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”