Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

CDH
Posts in topic: 5

Re: problem with gun in the car while at work

Post by CDH »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
CDH wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote: For the teetotalers I ask...do you always drive the speed limit? I mean ALWAYS. Do you ever do a rolling right hand turn on a red light?...I mean ever! Do you folks ever take a few minutes longer for lunch than you should??? I mean ever! Ever spend any time at the office doing something other than work while on the clock? I don't get why this rule is any different than any of the other rules broken 50 times a day at the office.
Ummm...no teetotaler here, but the penalty for carrying after being specifically told that it was not allowed (see unlawful carry of a firearm) is much more severe than a speeding ticket. Heck, getting fired is much more severe than a single speeding ticket. :roll:

As for how they would know, well, all the stories about pistols falling out of pockets in the bathroom stall, flying out during a fall, shirt tails getting caught as someone bends over, etc. just didn't seem to make much of an impression on ya, did they???

People make mistakes in this as much as anything else. Some mistakes are more costly than others. If you want to toy with getting fired, so be it, but don't ridicule those of us who refuse to take that risk...so to each their own and have a nice day. :smilelol5:

A properly concealed hand gun should NEVER fall on the floor. if it does, you need to re-evaluate your method of carry. I know for a fact that my gun will not just fall out of the holster.
True, but how many times have you had a great idea that didn't turn out so well? Too many times we all only discover that the great idea/holster/carry style wasn't so great when it fails and not before...??? Maybe you're perfect... :roll: The first rule of safety is that if the chances of something bad happening are not absolutely zero, it is only a matter of when, not if it will happen. That means you run the risk, every day you carry, of being discovered. Maybe you bump into someone and they feel it. Maybe you trip and fall. Maybe the wind blows up your shirt. The ways are many and varied...

Or to put it another way, as soon as something is idiot proof the world creates a batter idiot.

Now the response concerning passing out was valid. I will modify what I said, short of a medical emergency that renders you unconscious, there is no good reason for one to expose the fact that they have a concealed weapon. With the exception of when one must use the weapon to defend one's self.

The point I was trying to make is that they would never know your carrying if you are properly concealing your weapon. I like to think of it as a don't ask/don't tell kind of thing. Each person has to decide what risk they want to take for themselves.
Exactly the point I was trying to make.

P.S. I was not ridiculing anyone. You have a nice day as well... :mrgreen:
It came across as such to me...so I apologize if there was nothing condescending meant.
No damage control is ever as good as prevention.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 9

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

No, not ridiculing at all... :patriot:
Last edited by 03Lightningrocks on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CompVest
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CompVest »

Let's please put this thread back on track. The OP was about a gun getting too hot when left in the car.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

roberts
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by roberts »

03Lightningrocks wrote:P.S. My post was actually on topic. My advice to the OP was to not leave a gun in the car on a hot day. :smilelol5:
That's one option. Other suggestions were to keep the gun cool or use a holster that keeps hot metal away from sensitive skin. One suggestion I don't remember seeing is to carry off body in the car. Take the hot gun from the trunk and put it in the console or between the seats while driving. It's available if you need it in the car, and if you have AC it will cool off during the drive. Then you can conceal it on body before getting out of the car.
THE SECOND AMENDMENT IS NOT ABOUT DUCK HUNTING

USA1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by USA1 »

roberts wrote: Take the hot gun from the trunk and put it in the console or between the seats while driving. It's available if you need it in the car, and if you have AC it will cool off during the drive. Then you can conceal it on body before getting out of the car.
:iagree: thats what i was thinking ,
but the tread started to take another direction , so i thought it best to keep out of it .
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”