ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

MBGuy
Posts in topic: 7

Re: ammo on sale

Post by MBGuy »

03Lightningrocks wrote:Well, since you want to go ahead, the ammo he is selling is exactly the same.LOL....like I said...buyer beware.

Seriously, I don't care if you get hosed....That is why I posted never mind. I don't know what your trying to prove exactly. The very same ammo you "claim" you bought at 299 was selling for 199 a couple months ago. You sure showed him....and you sure taught me a lesson. Carry on...sounds to me like you have it well under control. :tiphat:

By the way...click on the pictures in his add....it is the same exact picture....LOL.... :coolgleamA:
Wow...."claim"? "$199"?

See ya...
Harry
NRA Endowment Life Member
Sig P239-40
"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing."

garcia946
Posts in topic: 30

Post by garcia946 »

Went to Walmart the other day to check out ammo .of cousr pretty much nothing
They did have some 50 round boxes of .223 in remington for $24.47 not bad
NRA Instructor/RSO
Glock 27 .40 , Sig P229 .40
Right To Carry CHL

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 183

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

OK....my apologies to all on this thread. I have been a long time customer of ammo man until November. The prices he and others are charging has me quite irritated. I feel like we are being gouged. You folks are right though, I shouldn't have referred to ammo man as a thief. Maybe crook would have been a better word... :mrgreen: ...just kidding. I realize he and others are simply profiteering off the rush to get all things guns. The night I made my post about ammo man, I had been looking at his web sight to possibly place an order and got ticked off at some of the prices being as much as double what they used to be and happen to choose here to let lose my steam.

Anyway....i feel bad for lashing out at some of you guys and I am sorry. My apologies to MBguy for implying he was fibbing about what he paid. Next time I get ticked off about ammo prices, i will kick the neighbors dog or something instead of voicing it online..

Sincerely,
03lightningrocks

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Mike1951 »

Mike1951 wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Mike1951 wrote:
MBguy wrote:It pays to shop around....
Yep, it does.

I've got 2000 rds of Wolf 7.62x39 enroute at $185/1000 shipped.

When 7.62x39 began its last round of price hikes, I found one stock number that Sportsmans Guide had yet to mark up, so I ordered 2000 rds.

Reply to all of their backorder messages and the order will remain open at the original price until shipped.
I had the same situation. They keep sending me emails moving the back order out. I called them about the order and they said getting the same price was not guaranteed, but they would try. I am not holding my breath.
Been doing this for years. They have never changed a price. Won't know on this order until delivered on 2/2.

Received the 2000 rds of Wolf 7.62x39 124gr HP today. I did, however, misremember the shipping.

The shipping was $9.49 added to the entire 2000 rd order. $185.22 x 2 = $370.44 + $9.49 = $379.93
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

03Lightningrocks

Mike1951 wrote:

Received the 2000 rds of Wolf 7.62x39 124gr HP today. I did, however, misremember the shipping.

The shipping was $9.49 added to the entire 2000 rd order. $185.22 x 2 = $370.44 + $9.49 = $379.93
That's good news. I am scheduled for Feb. 12. let's hope I am as lucky as you were. That is the exact same ammo i ordered only I caught it at 208 per thousand. It's crazy what a couple days difference can make in price.

I just checked the order status on the web sight. It says assignment pending with a shipping date of Feb 2....hmmm...it sounds like they may have actually shipped the order. Fingers crossed. :hurry:

03Lightningrocks

I just checked my order on that and realized I did pay 185 per thousand. I had ordered some 9mm with the order that was 208. They canceled the 9mm part of the order saying they had no more coming in. Anyway...the order still shows unassigned...wonder what that means?

iamomeed
Posts in topic: 2

Post by iamomeed »

when can we expect prices to drop? or do we expect them to rise?

03Lightningrocks

iamomeed wrote:when can we expect prices to drop? or do we expect them to rise?
I don't expect prices to drop until supply once again exceeds demand. Who knows how long that will be??? Obama has been great for the firearms industry.

03Lightningrocks

03Lightningrocks wrote:I just checked my order on that and realized I did pay 185 per thousand. I had ordered some 9mm with the order that was 208. They canceled the 9mm part of the order saying they had no more coming in. Anyway...the order still shows unassigned...wonder what that means?

Well...just found out what it meant. They put my order out until March 30th. They also are making noises about not honoring the price due to ammo price increases. They haven't made it official yet, but said they might have to cancel the order because of price increases. Guess you got lucky Mike. :cryin

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Skiprr »

Your experience may be different, but I've bought many (many) cases of quality brass .45 ACP from Sportsman's Guide over the past few years. They have always honored their price. I have boxes of S&B tucked away that I bought at less than $9.

If only I had sunk all of my 401(k) savings into ammo a few years ago...
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

03Lightningrocks

Skiprr wrote:Your experience may be different, but I've bought many (many) cases of quality brass .45 ACP from Sportsman's Guide over the past few years. They have always honored their price. I have boxes of S&B tucked away that I bought at less than $9.

If only I had sunk all of my 401(k) savings into ammo a few years ago...
The times they are a changing. Yep....I know what they "used" to do. but now we are talking big money. That same 1000 rounds can be sold for a hundred bucks more plus shipping...which they already charged me since they partially filled my original order. It was much easier for them to honor prices back when the prices only varied 10 or 20 bucks per thousand over a years time. It get's a little tougher doing that when your talking 200 plus dollars on a single order of 2k rounds. We shall see what happens. this is the fourth delay on this order since November 8th. I had my hopes up when Mike1951 posted his order arrived. I called them out about it and they say he couldn't have gotten his order because they don't have the ammo he said he received and haven't had it for 3 months. I started to get offensive with them about it all but figured it would not matter anyway. There it is though.

Like you, I sure wish i had dropped more money in ammo than I did stocks over the past year. The return would have been crazy...LOL.

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

If you get yours at a higher price or if they want to cancel due to lack of inventory, I will email you copies of my receipts for the ammo they couldn't have shipped to me.

Keep in mind that you're talking with clerks that don't have a clue.

I still expect that your order will be shipped at the quoted price.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

03Lightningrocks

Mike1951 wrote:If you get yours at a higher price or if they want to cancel due to lack of inventory, I will email you copies of my receipts for the ammo they couldn't have shipped to me.

Keep in mind that you're talking with clerks that don't have a clue.

I still expect that your order will be shipped at the quoted price.
Yes...I realize that. That was why I didn't get mean with them about it. The gal on the phone told me I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet...LOL. I told her the guy she was telling me not to believe was actually a supporter of SG. That shut her up... :lol:

I believe you 100% because you received exactly what I ordered and at the same price. My order also changed status for a couple days and then went back to a back order status. i think they got some of it in but not enough to fill all their orders. They would in no way acknowledge this...which makes no sense other than the gal on the phone had already made her stand and ego wouldn't let her back off. I have an email from one of their acct. managers saying they would honor the price. he sent it to me last month. We will see if they weasel out of it. The last email I received had a new disclaimer at the bottom saying they may have to cancel the order depending on supplies.

03Lightningrocks

Wally World in Plano. Spring Creek and 75 store has WWB 9mm 115 FMJ 100 count boxes at 19.97. They had about ten boxes left when I left there about 7:30 tonight.

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

I just received my Southern Ohio Guns February flyer.

The obvious caveat is they may have sold out or gone up.

Wolf 7.62x39 122gr AMO-762BFMJ $194.50/1000

Wolf .223 55gr AMO-22355 $287.50/1000
Wolf .223 62gr AMO-22362 $287.50/1000

1-800-944-4867
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”