Showing Off

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

rm9792
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Showing Off

Post by rm9792 »

Pawpaw wrote:This is my newest (and favorite) pistol...

It's a Dan Wesson V-Bob (Valor Bobtail). Solid forged stainless steel 1911 goodness!

So far I've put 800 rounds down the pipe without a malfunction of any kind. This thing runs like a Deere! :coolgleamA:
Nice! I like the smooth sided slide, no writing all over it.

Zylo_X
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Zylo_X »

Nice to see some luv for Taurus. :clapping:

Big_Red_Tex :tiphat: You asked about cleaning... I have the 'non-pimp' :lol: version, just matte stainless that I haven't had to especially clean, just a quick wipe with the rag and Rem Oil. I have the Hogue grips also (wrap arounds on everything I shoot) and tritium sights. I just put on the arched msh & magwell and it feels even better in the hand, you might want to look into that. I'll probably round out the collection with the B1 and the ALR versions. After people see my groupings and ask what I'm shooting, I love how they make 'the face' when I tell them its a Taurus. Reasonable price and a most excellent shooter!! :fire And, the main spring housing is actually metal!! "rlol"
a.k.a: 2LOGICL - While I do not enjoy the misery of others, I do find comfort in it.

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

I have a PT1911 in 9mm and it is a great gun. Taurus gets a bad rap IMO. Also have the PT92 and it has never failed me.

Topic author
Big_Red_Tex
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Big_Red_Tex »

Zylo_X wrote:Nice to see some luv for Taurus. :clapping:

Big_Red_Tex :tiphat: You asked about cleaning... I have the 'non-pimp' :lol: version, just matte stainless that I haven't had to especially clean, just a quick wipe with the rag and Rem Oil. I have the Hogue grips also (wrap arounds on everything I shoot) and tritium sights. I just put on the arched msh & magwell and it feels even better in the hand, you might want to look into that. I'll probably round out the collection with the B1 and the ALR versions. After people see my groupings and ask what I'm shooting, I love how they make 'the face' when I tell them its a Taurus. Reasonable price and a most excellent shooter!! :fire And, the main spring housing is actually metal!! "rlol"
Well I've run into an issue putting it back together once I cleaned it and filed down the rough edges. And for whatever reason I can't get the hammer to cock back so i can put in the safety. And it's driving my nuts because i want to go shoot it because I just put in a wilson combat firing pin, a sear and sear spring. So I want to see how well it works in it. I already called my range to have the smith there look at it and he was like "I'll show you how to put it back together" I'm like noooo kinda like a shot at my manhood LOL. :???: :banghead: :cryin But i'd rather have that then screw it up any further.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

txjim42 wrote:
boba wrote:Image
Meh. Doesn't have a 3-point sling. :lol:
Psssh, obviously not a fighting gun with no BUIS....
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

texasmusic

Post by texasmusic »

Big_Red_Tex wrote:
Well I've run into an issue putting it back together once I cleaned it and filed down the rough edges. And for whatever reason I can't get the hammer to cock back so i can put in the safety. And it's driving my nuts because i want to go shoot it because I just put in a wilson combat firing pin, a sear and sear spring. So I want to see how well it works in it. I already called my range to have the smith there look at it and he was like "I'll show you how to put it back together" I'm like noooo kinda like a shot at my manhood LOL. :???: :banghead: :cryin But i'd rather have that then screw it up any further.
Look up some instructions on the web... nobody has to know. ;-) I know what part is in backwards I believe, but I don't know what it's called or which way it's supposed to go off the top of my head. Just look for things that could be inserted two different ways and see if they are backwards. Also are you sure the sear didnt require fitting? I'm no 1911 smith but during my research I recall all the FCG parts need to be fitted. I'd actually look into that first before taking it back apart.

Since we're showing off... I like stainless things with S&W printed on them. :thumbs2:
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

parts will likely require fitting. I have seen 2 sears that visibly looked identical but one would cock and one wouldnt. Same with disconnectors. You are talking tolerances in the thousandths and you dont have much wiggle room. Weird that the hammer wont go back though, normally I see that it wont trip once it is back as the sear or hooks are too long. I dont recall having one ever get stuck forward. Is this the stock hammer?

TAMU_12
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TAMU_12 »

these are some awesome collections!! :drool: i've just recently started my collection, but hopefully some day it will be up there.
"Insert inspirational quote here"--by Someone Important

CCW: Ninja Glock

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

be careful, if your collection grows to 3 then it is a cache. more than 5 and you have an arsenal.

TAMU_12

Post by TAMU_12 »

haha, well right now i have 4 including my shotgun. i've officially become addicted. here's my current set up. i'm just waiting for my plastic to get here. just waiting on the background check to finish. :woohoo

jeeperbryan

Post by jeeperbryan »

Pawpaw wrote:This is my newest (and favorite) pistol...

It's a Dan Wesson V-Bob (Valor Bobtail). Solid forged stainless steel 1911 goodness!

So far I've put 800 rounds down the pipe without a malfunction of any kind. This thing runs like a Deere! :coolgleamA:
This is a beautiful gun except it needs more gold and pearl on it "rlol"

papajohn1964

Post by papajohn1964 »

TAMU_12 wrote:haha, well right now i have 4 including my shotgun. i've officially become addicted. here's my current set up. i'm just waiting for my plastic to get here. just waiting on the background check to finish. :woohoo

Hey your holster is mounted backards'.... :fire
Yes the Marines are a Department of the Navy.....The Mens Department....
CHL since 7/11/11

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Big_Red_Tex wrote:
MoJo wrote:
Big_Red_Tex wrote:Got a new gun, gear, or gadget you'd like to show off? Or maybe just want to brag on what you have in the vault? Don't be shy show it off. You won't be heckled.... much. J/K Provide tidbits on said equipment if you'd like: Where you got it? How much? What do you shoot? Favorite gun? ETC.

I'll go first, This is my first 1911 so I figured I'd get one with some flash to it.
Not actual picture (haven't recieved gun yet. Hurry up UPS) But a stock photo should suffice.
I know what General George S. Patton, Jr. would have said about that one! "rlol" :evil2:
Oh really what would he have said? My Patton needs to be refreshed.
FYI: General Patton carried 2 sidearms with white grips.
Someone commented on his "pearl" grips.
Patton's reply: "Only a New Orleans pimp would have pearl grips. These are IVORY!"

Also FYI: Patton's sidearms were not always a matched set of handguns.
One was an 1873 Colt Peacemaker (.45 Long Colt?), the other was a newer 3.5" barrel S & W .357.
Both still may be seen at the museum in Fort Knox, Kentucky, home to an armored unit.
Patton was a tanker.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... 103381587/

The above link has more information on Patton's weapons.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

TAMU_12

Post by TAMU_12 »

papajohn1964 wrote:Hey your holster is mounted backards'.... :fire
haha i think you just shoot with the wrong hand. :lol:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”