Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

mbw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Recommended Guns

Post by mbw »

RECIT wrote:
bigred90gt wrote:
What do you think of the trigger and felt recoil? I know its double action only and about as small of a 9mm package as you can get. So I'm sure the recoil is no slouch, but you can get a whole hand on it...
Well, it depends on the size of your hand. For me it is a two finger grip. Recoil is brisk, but not bad.

I have not had very good luck with my PF9, it is back at Kel-Tec right now being looked at. Failure to extract fired round.

Many rounds thru my PTA3 with zero problems.

bigred90gt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bigred90gt »

RECIT wrote:
bigred90gt wrote:I will have to join the bandwagon for the PF9. I sold my Diamondback DB380 and bought a PF9. It fits in my pocket, in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. When I cannot carry my XD40, i carry the PF9. I have fired approximately 500 rounds through it, and not a single malfunction. It aint pretty, but it works.
What do you think of the trigger and felt recoil? I know its double action only and about as small of a 9mm package as you can get. So I'm sure the recoil is no slouch, but you can get a whole hand on it...
The recoil is snappy but manageable. The trigger is long, as is the case with any double action, but in my opinion, smooth. It is a consistent pull with a good break, and not a problem to shoot accurately.

I have the pinky extensions on both magazines, but I modified them slightly. I sanded them down to where the lip is flush with the grip, instead of sticking out forward. I havent shot it since, but it fits better in my hand. With my big hands, I actually had to put my pinky under the magazine when shooting because of the extension. Now, it fits on it as it should, and feels much more comfortable. I plan on going to the range tomorrow, so I should have a better idea of what kind of difference it makes when shooting.

pdubyoo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pdubyoo »

To the OP, the criteria you've given would lead me to a Bersa Thunder UC (Ultra Conceal) or Beretta PX4 Storm SubCompact.

Bersa: http://www.bersa.com/bersa-firearms/thu ... eries.html

Beretta: http://www.berettausa.com/products/px4- ... b-compact/

The Bersa is a well made pistol in 9mm, .40 & .45 calibers. It has a price point that is well in line with your $350 target. The Beretta is also a very well made pistol with a polymer frame. It comes in 9mm & .40 calibers and can be found around $450-$550 range. Either gun is easy conceal.

I carry an XD .40 4" and it is quite bulky. I use a Supertuck IWB and dress accordingly, and have never had an issue with it. I am strongly looking at both guns above and trying to decide which one I should get for my Christmas gift to me. :mrgreen:
Nov. 2010...Check!
Nov. 2012...Don't Give Up!
Jan. 2013...True Change!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”