Moderator: carlson1

rlytle_98
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Post by rlytle_98 »

Kel-Tec PF9 with Hogue Handall Jr. grip and +1 mag extension
Attachments
20130702_194751.jpg
The best gun to defend yourself is the one you have.

jmain
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmain »

PPQ in .40
Crossbreed
CRKT M21-14SFG

Texas CHL Instructor
www.austinarmory.com
IWB Custom Holsters - CHL Classes - CHL/Holster Packages.

Xian55

Post by Xian55 »

my new addition...

w squared

Post by w squared »

Sig Nightmare Carry (4.25" Bobtail) with VZ grips and Comp-Tac IWB holster.

And a pic of the same pistol with the old factory grips sitting next to my "I don't feel like carrying" EDC - S&W Shield 9mm in a Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SQLGeek »

How are you liking your infidel ultra? I've been considering that for my Shield as well.
Psalm 91:2

Pecos
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Pecos »

jmain : I really like your Walther PPQ. Ive been reading reviews about them. There awesome for carry. not to big & not too small. I like the fact that you can grip with all three fingers. Awesome. Good choice!
:tiphat:
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

jmain

Post by jmain »

Pecos wrote:jmain : I really like your Walther PPQ. Ive been reading reviews about them. There awesome for carry. not to big & not too small. I like the fact that you can grip with all three fingers. Awesome. Good choice!
:tiphat:
One of the best striker guns avail IMHO. Reset on trigger is awesome for a poly gun. Great ergos and fits/feels great to me.

New ones have a normal mag release button, but I am used to the hk style release.

With the white hat iwb I have, easy to carry all day.
Texas CHL Instructor
www.austinarmory.com
IWB Custom Holsters - CHL Classes - CHL/Holster Packages.

S&Wgrl

Post by S&Wgrl »

My Ruger LC9 is on top with the holster. I love that gun. Most of the time I carry in my SmartCarry holster.

My brand new, just bought it last night Ruger SR9C is on bottom. I don't have a holster for it yet so I'm not carrying it. I'm not sure how I'm going to carry that one. I want to take it to the range several times before I carry it anyway. It's definitely larger and heavier than the LC9. Being female it's a little more difficult to carry a gun that big. I'll figure it out though! Personally I won't carry in my purse. I will however be going to the range later today.

I should change my User name from S&Wgrl to RugerGrl. I'm selling my S&W and now I have two Rugers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
2/17/12 Online CHL application
5/21/12 Plastic!

rentz

Post by rentz »

SQLGeek wrote:How are you liking your infidel ultra? I've been considering that for my Shield as well.
I have one for my shield and really like it, comfortable single clip design that stays secure.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by The Annoyed Man »

OK, so I own a range of handguns which, with a couple of exceptions, I bought as carry guns. All but 4 of them have been relegated to range/safe duty, and I've sold 4 or 5 of those over the years, and kept 2 or 3 others. All but 4 of them have been relegated to range/safe duty.

The four that I continue to carry are a Springfield XD(M)-45 Compact 3.8, a Kahr PM9, a newly acquired (and much loved) Springfield XDS, and a S&W M&P340 scandium .357 magnum. The S&W has become my "put it in a pocket for trip to mailbox" gun. The PM9 is my "all day pocket gun." And the two Springfields have become my EDC's, switching back and forth between them depending on where I'm headed and what I'm going to be wearing. I thought it would be instructive to post pictures comparing the two Springfields and the PM9 for relative size. Apologies for quick snapshots being out of focus as I took no real time to set these shots up.....

The three guns in profile. The PM9 is the all black one, the two Bi-Tones are the Springfields.

Comparative grip sizes:

Relative slide sizes (the XDS is actually marginally slimmer than the PM9 across the slide):

What the "customer" sees, comparing the 9mm PM9 to the .45 ACP XDS.......if visuals count for anything:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

banshee

Post by banshee »

kahr cm9 but sold other day so keltec p32 original model

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 7

Post by CoffeeNut »

Latest addition to the daily carry lineup. Taurus 709 Slim in a Hidden Hybrid Holster.

EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

rentz

Post by rentz »

The Annoyed Man wrote:OK, so I own a range of handguns which, with a couple of exceptions, I bought as carry guns. All but 4 of them have been relegated to range/safe duty, and I've sold 4 or 5 of those over the years, and kept 2 or 3 others. All but 4 of them have been relegated to range/safe duty.

The four that I continue to carry are a Springfield XD(M)-45 Compact 3.8, a Kahr PM9, a newly acquired (and much loved) Springfield XDS, and a S&W M&P340 scandium .357 magnum. The S&W has become my "put it in a pocket for trip to mailbox" gun. The PM9 is my "all day pocket gun." And the two Springfields have become my EDC's, switching back and forth between them depending on where I'm headed and what I'm going to be wearing. I thought it would be instructive to post pictures comparing the two Springfields and the PM9 for relative size. Apologies for quick snapshots being out of focus as I took no real time to set these shots up.....

The three guns in profile. The PM9 is the all black one, the two Bi-Tones are the Springfields.
[ Image ]

Comparative grip sizes:
[ Image ]

Relative slide sizes (the XDS is actually marginally slimmer than the PM9 across the slide):
[ Image ]

What the "customer" sees, comparing the 9mm PM9 to the .45 ACP XDS.......if visuals count for anything:
[ Image ]

In comparing the XDS and the PM9 would you say the XDS could be pocket carried as easy as the Pm9
I must admin the pm9 is what I carry most because its no muss no fuss throw in my pocket and go.

ntxengineer

Post by ntxengineer »

Not licensed just yet but this is going to be the daily gear when I have cargo shorts and my backpack with me.

This will be my daily carry (Fingernail polish on the inlays)

With the holster I decided on. This can be used inside the pants, outside the pants and its ambidextrous.

68Charger
Posts in topic: 50

Post by 68Charger »

I love the Sog field pup knife. I use mine when camping and works well. I carry a Sog Flash II (same Aus8 blade as the seal pup). I used to carry my Sog mini X-ray vision (with the vg10 blade) before my ex girlfriend took it. :waiting: :cryin :mad5
We don't need no stinking badges!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”