ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

PocketGroove
Posts in topic: 1

Ft. Worth .45ACP CHEAP

Post by PocketGroove »

Cabela's Ft Worth

Federal Champion .45 ACP 230 Grain FMJ ----$15.99 for 50box. 34 cents a round!!!!

i8godzilla
Posts in topic: 2

Re: ammo on sale

Post by i8godzilla »

Someone posted info about this site a few days ago. Gearhog has 45 Auto 160gr DPX at four (4) boxes for $82.24. I think this is normally about ~$30.00 a box.
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

RSJ
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RSJ »

Cabelas (I went to Allen) .223 55GR HP & FMJ Herters, Steel case, but decent stuff. $4.29/20 is the price online, 5.99 is the price in store, but they will price-match the website if you inform them.
NRA Member

CheBC

Post by CheBC »

texanron wrote:
JackRR wrote:Looks like Wallyworld has WWB 9mm consistantly at $19.97 per 100. FM1431/US183 Leander/Cedar Park and RR620/US183 Austin

Jacks
Thats the same price I'm still seeing in the Tomball area. I also like the Federal Champion 9mm ammo WalMart sells for $10.47 per 50.
I think they were 22 for a box of 100 here in Pearland.

Does anyone know of any good reloaders in the Houston area to buy from for target practice? I've seen people set up at the gun show selling it. Is it worth it? Is it safe? I've heard that you have to be very careful about who you buy reloaded ammo from.

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Kevinf2349 »

CheBC wrote:Does anyone know of any good reloaders in the Houston area to buy from for target practice? I've seen people set up at the gun show selling it. Is it worth it? Is it safe? I've heard that you have to be very careful about who you buy reloaded ammo from.
If you get down to Toxic City look up T's Guns and Ammo. I shoot his relaoded .45 acp through my Glock G30 without any problems at all. In fact I think it is more accurate than some brand new stuff sometimes. 100 rounds runs about $40 I think. He has other calibers (40 S&W I think) plus others. Call him (Roy) and he will take care of you.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25694" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:tiphat:
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

TDDude
Posts in topic: 5

Post by TDDude »

Just ordered from Ammo Man - 9mm Sellier & Bellot 115gr. FMJ Brass case @ $209/1000. free shipping and no tax for Texas.

Of course I ordered mine before telling you guys. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:
Ray F.
Luke 22:35-38 "Gear up boys, I gotta go and it's gonna get rough." JC
-- Darrell Royal, former UT football coach - "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 9

Post by SQLGeek »

TDDude wrote:Just ordered from Ammo Man - 9mm Sellier & Bellot 115gr. FMJ Brass case @ $209/1000. free shipping and no tax for Texas.

Of course I ordered mine before telling you guys. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:
Wow! Thanks for the heads up, time to stock up. They also have Speer Gold Dots 124gr +P for $275 / 500, which is one of the cheapest prices I've found.

:woohoo
Psalm 91:2

A-R

Post by A-R »

SQLGeek wrote:Wow! Thanks for the heads up, time to stock up. They also have Speer Gold Dots 124gr +P for $275 / 500, which is one of the cheapest prices I've found.

:woohoo
Check with GT Distributors (likely need to call - website isn't updated often enough on ammo prices) ... just bought a 50-round box of Speer GD 124+P for about $22 in the store last week. That would work out to $220/500 if they have & will sell you that much (always a guess with them as they put a lot of non-LEO restrictions on ammo sales when their warehouse gets bare).

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 9

Post by SQLGeek »

Thanks for the tip. Looks like they won't ship to non-LE and I don't think they have a Houston area store. I need to drop in there on my next trip to Austin.
Psalm 91:2

txjim42
Posts in topic: 3

Post by txjim42 »

TDDude wrote:Just ordered from Ammo Man - 9mm Sellier & Bellot 115gr. FMJ Brass case @ $209/1000. free shipping and no tax for Texas.

How does the S&B compare to CCI Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ? Haven't shot S&B in a year to two.

Palmetto State Armory currently has CCI for $9.99/box + $12 shipping/1000. (211.80/case) Ordered that a few days before Ammo Man's S&B email arrived... Order took 4 days from order to arrival, but their shipping emails never showed up. Ordered some other stuff from AmmoMan the same day, arrived the same day as the PSA order. The UPS guy didn't look real happy that day...
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace.
Thomas Paine

TDDude

Post by TDDude »

txjim42 wrote:

How does the S&B compare to CCI Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ? Haven't shot S&B in a year to two.

Palmetto State Armory currently has CCI for $9.99/box + $12 shipping/1000. (211.80/case) Ordered that a few days before Ammo Man's S&B email arrived... Order took 4 days from order to arrival, but their shipping emails never showed up. Ordered some other stuff from AmmoMan the same day, arrived the same day as the PSA order. The UPS guy didn't look real happy that day...
I just received the SB today and won't get to shoot any for a while. I'm laid up for a bit recovering from some surgery.

One thing about the "budget" ammo is that sometimes it's dirty and sometimes not. I've been working through a case of Winchester white box that has me not needing to even clean my pistol when in previous purchases, it's been nasty. I used to shoot the Brown Bear stuff and it was pretty consistantly dirty but it shot very well and even though it's called "bi-metal", it never damaged anything.

With plinking stuff, I've just learned to accept that I get what I get. As long as it shoots, I'm pretty easy to please.
Ray F.
-- Darrell Royal, former UT football coach - "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."

TDDude

Post by TDDude »

I just saw that AmmoMan has PRVI 180 grain .40 caliber for $279.00/1000 w/free shipping and no taxes for Texas!!

I don't have a 40 but I've been told that this is a very good deal.
Ray F.

TDDude

Post by TDDude »

http://www.usaammo.com/

9mm @ $169.00/1000. Shipping is $27.00 to my zip in Houston for a total of $197.00. It's listed as once fired.

http://www.usaammo.com/-9mm-Luger-115-gr-FMJ-P58.aspx

EDIT - Oops. I just noticed USA Ammo is in Houston so with Texas sales tax, it's probably going to jump up to $210. Perhaps they take walk in business. Their address isn't on the web page, only the phone number.

NUTHER EDIT - I got a very quick answer back from an email enquiry and no, they don't have a distribution location but if you enter "MOREAMMO" in the cupon code they will give half off on shipping.

NUTHER-NUTHER EDIT - They aren't in Houston even though they post a 281 phone number. They are in Idaho so no sales tax. I ordered a 1k case of 9mm and it was $182.50.
Last edited by TDDude on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray F.

Revet

Post by Revet »

Cabelas has Sellier & Bellot's 115gr. 9mm FMJ Police range ammo on sale for $189.99/1000. You can get a rebate code for another $20 off. According to S&B's website these loads are slightly hotter (1300 fps) than their normal loads, which are already slightly warmer than SAAMI specs; brass cased with sealed Boxer primers, shipped in 250 round vacuum packs for indefinite storage life.

http://www.cabelas.com/ammo-sellier-bel ... ammo.shtml
http://www.sellier-bellot.cz/law-enforc ... product=42
Common sense is not common practice.
NRA Benefactor, TSRA life member.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Beiruty »

Cabelas has hot-sale on cheap .223 Russian ammo: 19cents/rd. Last time I paid $125 for 500 rd (25 cents/rds) with free storage box. I got $20 off $150 too.

At 19cents/rd its a great deal.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Herters- ... t110647980" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”