Don't Trust Your Life on Magpull Glock Mags

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Don't Trust Your Life on Magpull Glock Mags

Post by Liberty »

Plastic can work well in a rifle. but the only plastic magazine I've ever heard of working well is the BX-* series for the Ruger Charger. but even that has metal lips. (AR 15 pistols are just chopped rifles.)

That being said Magpuls make a better than original equipment mag. The snap-on covers help keep grit and gunk out they are almost impossible to dent and they may be the most reliable removal magazine ever made. I just wish they would make a 20 round Dark earth model.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

carlson1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:43 pm The only aftermarket mags I use are Wilson’s combat with my 1911 and Magpul with my AR’s. Other than those I always use factory magazines.
I’ve had great luck with Chip Mccormick 1911 magazines as well as the wilson mags.

rotor

Post by rotor »

I only have one Magpul-Glock mag that came with a Kel-Tec sub2000 and it works well and I have had no failures but I prefer Glock mags. My Ar's use Magpul and have never had a mag failure but this post is about Magpul-Glock mags. Magpul had a recall at one time on their Glock mags and I wonder if the magazine you have might be one of those recalled mags. I don't think anyone can beat the original Glock magazines though.

denwego

Post by denwego »

I bought 3 Magpul 15-rounders for my Glock 19 gen 3 when they were on sale at Bass Pro a few weeks ago, and shot them for the first time on Friday... and that'll be the last time. I hadn't noticed this thread before I had gone, but I had a stovepipe or double feed at least once a magazine. I was shooting with a friend who hasn't shot many guns other than 22LR over the years, so I had figured he might've been limp wristing with a 9mm, but it happened with essentially the same frequency with me, and I couldn't remember the last time I had either sort of failure with that gun. I grabbed a couple of OEM mags at Academy this morning to replace them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit to add - I've had nothing but good experiences with Magpul AR mags, like pretty much everyone else on the thread. I guess Glock mags just really need the metal feed lip inserts.

Aggie_engr

Post by Aggie_engr »

It’s funny I just witnessed a negative experience with magpul Glock mags while this thread was active. Last Friday I was practicing for a 3-gun shoot and one of my team members brought two factory 17 round Glock magazines and one magpul 17 round magazine (his pistol is a 17L). He had a couple double feeds with the magpul mag while the factory mags ran like a top. Definitely something going on with the magpul Glock mags.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Weird. I bought a few Magpul 17 round magazines because I got a good deal on them for a recently purchased Glock 17 that only came with a couple of 10 round magazines. So far no problems after several range trips and a 3 day Thunder Ranch Class and another local carbine class that we shot pistols on. I have managed to purchase some factory magazines but I'll be sure to keep an eye on the Magpul mags. I'm actually about to buy some for my Glock 19.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”