Pictures of your daily (OPEN) carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pictures of your daily (OPEN) carry

Post by Jumping Frog »

I have open carried in a previous life many, many days like this:

That is a S&W M&P carried in a Comp-Tac Minotaur held up by a gunbelt from The Beltman.net.

One should also note that 99% of people never notice.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

denwego
Posts in topic: 2

Post by denwego »

It's been five years since I moved back to Texas from Virginia, and Colorado before that... after half a decade, I tell you what, my Safariland is getting really anxious about seeing the light of day again!

Got to love a holster which has years' worth of honest wear celebrating freedom!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

denwego wrote:It's been five years since I moved back to Texas from Virginia, and Colorado before that... after half a decade, I tell you what, my Safariland is getting really anxious about seeing the light of day again!

Got to love a holster which has years' worth of honest wear celebrating freedom!

[ Image ]
That is a classic holster. I have one much like it for a 1911, but it has an exposed trigger. That tells you how old it is.

Chas.

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

Here is one of Rob Pincus' students the other day.

Topic author
aaangel
Posts in topic: 8

Post by aaangel »

Rrash wrote:Here is one of Rob Pincus' students the other day.
[ Image ]
I think i just found my oc holster for my 1911! Do they have one in blood red? Pls send me the info. Thanks
'got to Texas ASAIC.

DanD

Post by DanD »

That happens to be the Comp-Tac "Belt Holster" and unfortunately they have decided to stop making it. It looks like they will continue to sell it while supplies last and is available in Black, Red, Pink, Purple and Blue.
http://www.comp-tac.com/competition-hol ... ster-10210

If you are open to wearing a paddle-holster Comp-Tac makes a pretty good one and I happen to use this one for IDPA competitions for my BUG. It is also available in Black, Red, Pink, Purple and Blue and it appears Comp-Tac is still making this one.
http://www.comp-tac.com/competition-hol ... ster-10212

If you would like the option to switch back and forth between a belt and paddle holster you could get the Comp-Tac International Holster. It's more of a competition holster but it would work for OC. I use one for IDPA competitions and it is very comfortable wearing it all day. If you get the Comp-Tac International Holster you get to specify which way you want it configured (i.e. belt or paddle) and the remainder of the parts come in the bag.
http://www.comp-tac.com/competition-hol ... ster-10241
Given a 50/50 chance, you will pick wrong 80% of the time. NRA Life Member, IDPA

DanD

Post by DanD »

Here is a picture of the Comp-Tac International Holster in the belt holster configuration shown in Red, Purple and Pink.
Given a 50/50 chance, you will pick wrong 80% of the time. NRA Life Member, IDPA

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I've already got OWB holsters for all of my guns because that's how I carry them anyway.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

I didn't post because I was leaking hope like a sieve... now that OC is on the way to Abbott's desk, I'll join the conversation :thumbs2: (wouldn't it suck to have all of this done just to have Abbott flip flop and not sign off on it? :shock: He IS a politician, after all...).

Anyway, since the process has been so questionable I really haven't put a whole lot of thought into what I'll carry. I have a Safariland 6360 ALS which is an absolutely fantastic holster, set up on my old security rig. But, that's for my M&P9 which is likely getting sold, so I probably won't be using it.

As far as holsters I'll likely be using either a G-Code XST or Safariland (I already use a large number of G-Codes). I know there are no requirements for retention holsters, but I highly, HIGHLY recommend them as a way to possibly gain even a slight window of opportunity for you to make sure you have control of your weapon in the unlikely event of an attempted gun snatch.

For weapons... I have no idea. I'll probably switch between Five Seven, FNX-45 Tactical and VP9.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

denwego

Post by denwego »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
denwego wrote:It's been five years since I moved back to Texas from Virginia, and Colorado before that... after half a decade, I tell you what, my Safariland is getting really anxious about seeing the light of day again!

[ Image ]
That is a classic holster. I have one much like it for a 1911, but it has an exposed trigger. That tells you how old it is.

Chas.
Even with the old style guard, you ought to wear it out a few times for its own sake... old leather needs some sunlight after 143 years in the dark! Thank you Chas! :txflag:

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

my rig, w/PX4 .45
my_new_rig_sm.jpg
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

cigarguy-shield9mm

Post by cigarguy-shield9mm »

S & W Shield.jpeg
My 9mm S & W Shield with LaserMax -

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Beiruty »

Dedicated for Moms Demands more safe guns. I know they do support the 2ndA so I present this: "rlol"

Here is big pistol for OC. Ah, seriously it needs a custom made holster so it can be carried openly.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

DocV

Post by DocV »

Would this be allowed?

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”