Does anyone carry a Sig P938?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Does anyone carry a Sig P938?

Post by RPBrown »

Salty1 wrote:I carry the 938 daily because of the size and ease of concealment. Shooting it is a breeze and very manageable plus it is a quality firearm. My only additional comment is that I do not believe this is a carry gun for newbie's since it is a SAO and one needs to be very concsious of the safety which is a skill that is developed over time.
Trust me, she is far from a newbie. We have both had out CHL's almost since the law was changed and she carries daily.

But thank you for your input.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

goodcountryhouse
Posts in topic: 1

Post by goodcountryhouse »

I am an older woman with joint pain. I love my Sig P938. I have no problems with recoil. It fits nicely in my hands. It conceals well. I highly recommend it.

Kenk

Post by Kenk »

I totally agree. I'm an older guy and the 938 is the easiest 9mm to rack the slide. Recoil is less than most. It fits my smaller hands. And it conceals well AIWB. In comparison, I had a Kahr CM9 which is about the same size.....it was hard to rack and had much sharper recoil. The 938 sights are very easy to see too.

Ken

SATX-Scrub

Post by SATX-Scrub »

I love my P938 and have been carrying it for a couple years now (or what seems like a couple). I have an RGrizzle front pocket holster and it hardly even makes a dent.

She'll love it!
“He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.”
― Kinky Friedman, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola
http://atomicnumber13.blogspot.com/

Canon1d4
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Canon1d4 »

I have a 938 and I was really disappointed with it when I first got it. The hammer would follow 2-4 time through 1 mag. I had it returned to Sig and they worked that problem out, but now the safety is hard to go back into the safe mode. I am thinking about sending it back to Sig again. Other than those problems I like the feel and the size of the weapon. I have always been a 1911 type fan, and the P938 is list like a small 1911 with a few differences. I'd say if you het a good one you'd be happy.

mrbuck

Post by mrbuck »

I have a 938 Blackwood and love it. No failures yet but it is a 2015 mfg
NRA member

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bmwrdr »

I have a 2013 P938 SAS without flaws. Sorry to hear about yours but SIG is good with waranty claims.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Pawpaw »

Canon1d4 wrote:now the safety is hard to go back into the safe mode.
My P938 had the same problem after I loaned it out. I sent it back to Sig & they found the sear pin was broken. Apparently, someone let the hammer drop while the slide was off.

Try this: With the hammer cocked, the safety is hard to engage. Pull the hammer back and hold it. Does the safety engage easily? That''s the way mine behaved with the broken sear pin.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I carried the 938 as my primary carry gun for about a year. It never had any malfunctions, it is fairly light and easy to conceal. I mainly carried it in a OWB holster but also carried it in an ankle holster. The only downfall I can think of is the price.

jed

Post by jed »

mrvmax wrote:The only downfall I can think of is the price.
:iagree: I want one. But in the meantime, I bought two new LC9S for the price of one P938. I really like the LC9S and it conceals good but there's just something about the P938. All metal and 1911 style.......one day I will be carrying one.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Pawpaw »

jed wrote:
:iagree: I want one. But in the meantime, I bought two new LC9S for the price of one P938. I really like the LC9S and it conceals good but there's just something about the P938. All metal and 1911 style.......one day I will be carrying one.
The trick is to buy it right. I got mine from a forum member for just a little more than a new LC9S (which didn't exist then).
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

It goes when my g27 cannot. It's a keeper.

Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

jed

Post by jed »

Pawpaw wrote:
jed wrote:
The trick is to buy it right. I got mine from a forum member for just a little more than a new LC9S (which didn't exist then).
I got the LC9S from Atwood's for $397 ea carry out. They seem to be really good guns but not in the same class as the P938. Never shot a P938 but they feel really nice and they get really good reviews. If you have a soft spot in your heart, like I do, for the 1911 you will love them. One day it will be my EDC.

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 6

Post by RPBrown »

Since this thread was resurrected, I will give the latest update. Santa did get her the P938 and she carried it a couple of months. However, her arthritis in the joint that attaches the index finger to the hand became such that the ambidextrous safety was bothering he badly so she stopped carrying it. We went to the range and tried several different guns including some wheel guns. She settled on an XD9SC Mod 3 which has been her everyday carry since. It does not bother her joints at all.
On a side note, I am now the proud owner of her P938 that I use as a BUG
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Canon1d4

Post by Canon1d4 »

Pawpaw wrote:
Canon1d4 wrote:now the safety is hard to go back into the safe mode.
My P938 had the same problem after I loaned it out. I sent it back to Sig & they found the sear pin was broken. Apparently, someone let the hammer drop while the slide was off.

Try this: With the hammer cocked, the safety is hard to engage. Pull the hammer back and hold it. Does the safety engage easily? That''s the way mine behaved with the broken sear pin.
Thanks for the advice, I just tried that but it is the same, it may be that it's just tight and will work itself out in time.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”