Oh, no! Not again! Gunman reported at JSC.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
MikeJ
Posts in topic: 4

Post by MikeJ »

JSC does have its own SWAT Team, but who doesn't? See http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/roundup/online/ ... _p8_11.pdf.
"Never send a man where you can send a bullet." - Winston Churchill in A Roving Commission

CHL/LEO
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CHL/LEO »

But can anyone write (or at least volunteer to write) better "copy" for these networks and media types???
Kind of like the CNN reporter that was talking about the 9mm and 22mm handguns that were used in the VT killings... :shock:
"Conflict is inevitable; Combat is an option."

Life Member - NRA/TSRA/GOA

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

Some details here:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/12633862/detail.html

NASA's SWAT team is pretty good. I've met a few of the guys. They competed in the international SWAT competition. GSG9 beat them in the competition, but then they invited GSG9 over for a visit... guess they wanted to learn from the best.

I think I know the conference room in question. It's a large one, seats somewhere around 50 as I recall.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

KevinK
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KevinK »

Unfortunately, Geraldo is on Fox News with his merry band of "experts." They are already psychoanalyzing the gunman and second guessing the security, police response, blah, blah, blah. My wife's cousin works there and I spoke to her a few moments ago. As of that time, she was still on lockdown in one of the buildings, but safe.

GlockenHammer

Post by GlockenHammer »

Yes, NASA is a gun-free victim zone just like post offices.

The governing federal code is 18 USC 930 which disallows weapons inside buildings. NASA has their own regulation (14 CFR 1005, I think) that disallows weapons on NASA real property.

These laws and regulations do NOTHING for the safety of the employees, but they do give the feds something to charge you with. If you survive.

wjmphoto

Post by wjmphoto »

Definitely not a good week for the second amendment or for those wishing to preserve and protect it.

I just saw that one hostage is dead and the gunman is also dead. Guess we'll find out later if the gunman did the shooting or if something happened and a rescue attempt went bad. Either way it's just more fuel for fascists looking to make all gun owners look like nuts. :roll:

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

wjmphoto wrote:Definitely not a good week for the second amendment or for those wishing to preserve and protect it.
Anniversary of Waco

Anniversary of Oklahoma City

Anniversary of Columbine

What am I missing?

Now Virginia Tech.

Foxnews is now reporting the gunman killed one hostage then committed suicide.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

CHL/LEO wrote:
But can anyone write (or at least volunteer to write) better "copy" for these networks and media types???
Kind of like the CNN reporter that was talking about the 9mm and 22mm handguns that were used in the VT killings... :shock:

Yeah, I really hate those "22mm handguns".

That would be what....., an .870 caliber! :shock:

What would you clean the bore with? A baby bottle brush!

Media types! Sheeeeeeeesh. :???:
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

flintknapper wrote:
What would you clean the bore with? A baby bottle brush!

Probably the same gear I cleaned my 20mm with in the Navy. :lol:

Of course I don't think I would want to try to hand carry that thing.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

nuparadigm

Post by nuparadigm »

Mike1951 wrote:
wjmphoto wrote:Definitely not a good week for the second amendment or for those wishing to preserve and protect it.
Anniversary of Waco

Anniversary of Columbine

What am I missing?

Now Virginia Tech.

Foxnews is now reporting the gunman killed one hostage then committed suicide.
Missing is Hitler's birthday (20 April) ... more than a few believe that some of the above were timed to coincide with that particular date.
The last train out of any station will not be filled with nice people.

Remember Newton and Azrak.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/20/nasa.g ... index.html
wjmphoto wrote:I just saw that one hostage is dead and the gunman is also dead.
I don't get over to that building too often, but I am starting to wonder if anybody I knew was involved. Years ago I had a few words with a man in that building that fits the general description of the 'suspect'. Struck me as a notable loser at the time.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

CHL/LEO
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CHL/LEO »

Anniversary of Waco
Anniversary of Columbine
What am I missing?
Now Virginia Tech.
Referred to as "Murder Week" or "Wacko Week" in LE circles. Around April 1st of each year the Feds send out a bulletin to all LE agencies reminding them of of these dates and to be prepared for similar type acts - ie:
I want to bring your attention to the potential for increased extremist activity in the month of April. In particular, April 19 and 20 are two dates of exceptional significance for many in the extremist world and are rallying points for calls to action.

The following anniversaries fall on April 19:

· In 1993 the 51-day siege at the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas, ended.

· In 1995 Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols bombed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

The following anniversaries fall on April 20:

· Adolf Hitler’s birthday, which is now celebrated by neo-Nazis and extremists in the U.S. and internationally.

· In 1999 the Columbine High School massacre in Colorado.
It's almost like the full moon effect... and now there's VT
"Conflict is inevitable; Combat is an option."

Life Member - NRA/TSRA/GOA

romcneil

Post by romcneil »

MikeJ wrote:JSC does have its own SWAT Team, but who doesn't? See http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/roundup/online/ ... _p8_11.pdf.
The Federal faciity from which I retired has their own armed security force including swat team. This security force won several competitions, and was always rated highly. After 9/11, they instituted a 100% search of all vehicles entering the faciity. I drive an extended cab pickup with a gun safe bolted on the transmission tunnel, blanket and coat covering the rear seat, and a cross bed tool box. Not once did they bother to search the gun safe or look under the coat and blanket in the back seat. Only once did they climb into the bed of the truck to examine contents of the tool box. I do not find it difficult to believe that a person who no longer cares about their job can carry a firearm into a government facility.

Bob

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

I can't believe that no one mentioned (or at least I didn't see it), that April 19 is the anniversary of the original attempt to seize guns in America: April 19, 1775, the Battles of Lexington and Concord. Shot heard 'round the world, and all that.

Our side won that one. Took a few years, though.

Kevin

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 6

Post by stevie_d_64 »

KBCraig wrote:I can't believe that no one mentioned (or at least I didn't see it), that April 19 is the anniversary of the original attempt to seize guns in America: April 19, 1775, the Battles of Lexington and Concord. Shot heard 'round the world, and all that.

Our side won that one. Took a few years, though.

Kevin
Ohhhh, now thats what I call digging into the past!!! Good snag there!!!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”