Dallas Arboretum Posted?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dallas Arboretum Posted?

Post by RoyGBiv »

oefs2015 wrote:This is an update. As of September 2015 there is a "no firearms" sign posted at the main entrance.
I don't know how legal this is, but is there.
I'm adding this beacuse there is no information on the Arboretum's web site.
No firearms signs are rarely illegal and can be posted on govt property. They simply don't apply to CHL.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

TEXASG7

Post by TEXASG7 »

:lol::
There is an APP for that!....
If you have android as I do, you can download a app that that gives you all POSTED places near you and all related info dealing with your CHL.

Jjack124

Post by Jjack124 »

I was there today, and was looking for a 30.06 sign at the main entrance (like all places I have not been before). Did not see one posted, only little "no guns" signage. However, I later stepped outside the entrance by the children's garden to buy tickets for the children's garden and barely noticed 30.06 tested posted on the next box office over from me.

I rationalized that 30.06 was not obviously posted at all public entrances, also it was obscured by people in line (due to its placement) and I was not able to read the full text or see that it was in two languages and reentered the garden anyways. I also thought it was not legal for local government to post 30.06 at places not already covered by law, with the Arboretum being a city owned property.

When leaving to my car, I once again looked around the main entrance, as far few people were there, and still could not find a 30.06 sign.

oefs2015
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oefs2015 »

The change on The Arboretum's gun policy makes me think that more, and more city, and local businesses are going to change their gun policies too, and start posting either signs to restrict CHL individuals to exercise our constitutional right; and turn CHL licenses into another piece of useless plastic inside our wallets.

My personal opinion is that the State legislature should pass an ordinance preventing CHL holders to be penalized in such a harsh manner when inadvertently enter a location with a no gun policy.

I believe that postings like 30.06, no guns, no firearms, should be viewed as a freedom of speech, but not as a law.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Jjack124 wrote: I rationalized that 30.06 was not obviously posted at all public entrances
It does not have to be. It would be nice if it did, but it doesn't. However, you are correct that it is now prohibited for places like this to prohibit CHLs by placing these signs and there can be a hefty fine for refusing to remove them after notification.

Also, welcome to the forum.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

OldAg

Post by OldAg »

Is anyone going to the Dallas Arboretum this coming weekend? If so, could they see if the 30.06 sign is still there and post the status on this thread?

The sign at the main entrance is to the left (actually on the lower left of the exit side) of the main entrance. The one at the entrance from the garage parking is posted on the ticket building.

Thanks.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”