Academy ammo sales

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RECIT
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Academy ammo sales

Post by RECIT »

I visited the Academy in Rosenberg and they had plenty of WWB in 9mm. There again they only let me buy ONE box of WWB value packs. So I took my buddy, my girlfriend, and my Dad all to buy me some ammo. I was able to get 4 boxes total, but they would not come off anymore. The clerk said they started the policy Tuesday of this week.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

ClarkLZeuss
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ClarkLZeuss »

The Academy stores in Houston - specifically the one nears Kirby/59 and Westheimer/Hillcroft - have zilch. The last several times I've been to both (today, yesterday, last week), for 9mm all they have is the premium Winchester stuff, or steel casings. No cheap brass range ammo. And it's not just that I get there too late in the day...the guys behind the counter keep telling me they're not getting shipments. :headscratch :mad5
"Love always protects." (1 Corinthians 13:7)

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

After 4 academys and 2 walmarts I gave up and went to Carters Country in Pasadena for .44 amg ammo. Places elswhere had .44 Special but not magnum. $29 for 25 rd boxes and bought the 3 they had.

tfrazier
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tfrazier »

Reloading isn't a cure all. Powder, primers, and brass are really hard to find, too. At least in the DFW area. I'm stocked on powder and primers, but out of bullets so I finally bought a Lee 20 lb lead pot and six cavity mold. Guess what I'm gonna be doing this weekend?

lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

AndyC wrote:I can reload about 100 rounds of handgun ammo in an hour on a single-stage press.

So currently $46/100 store-bought vs $16/100 handloads, I figure I'm getting paid about $30 for an hour of my time ;)

I can understand not having much free time - but an hour here and there means some serious money, plus the satisfaction of being self-sufficient in terms of ammo-availability.
Not sure what caliber you are shooting, but 46.00 per 100? What the heck is that?
:shock:
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

lawrnk wrote:
AndyC wrote:I can reload about 100 rounds of handgun ammo in an hour on a single-stage press.

So currently $46/100 store-bought vs $16/100 handloads, I figure I'm getting paid about $30 for an hour of my time ;)

I can understand not having much free time - but an hour here and there means some serious money, plus the satisfaction of being self-sufficient in terms of ammo-availability.
Not sure what caliber you are shooting, but 46.00 per 100? What the heck is that?
:shock:
I was wondering about that also. 9mm WWB at wally world is running about 20 bucks 40 about 26 and 45 about 29

centex aggie

Post by centex aggie »

limiting ammo really bites the big one. I have been shopping around the web for 223 and 380

Disabled U.S. Army Veteran 94'-98'
NRA Life Member

Greg

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

tfrazier wrote:Reloading isn't a cure all. Powder, primers, and brass are really hard to find, too. At least in the DFW area. I'm stocked on powder and primers, but out of bullets so I finally bought a Lee 20 lb lead pot and six cavity mold. Guess what I'm gonna be doing this weekend?
Andy and Tim makin' bullets!!! :thumbs2:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

tfrazier
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tfrazier »

AndyC wrote:Snap - I just bought 50 lbs of casting alloy through Ebay
Gotcha beat! I have just scored approximately 300 lbs of wheel weights...free! (Sorry, I'm keeping it and the source all to myself cause it ain't gonna last much longer) :cheers2:

gmckinl

Post by gmckinl »

Today at noon I walked out of an Academy w/ 10 boxes of 223. The clerk asked me if I wanted a full case.
NRA Life Member

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”