SmartCarry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SmartCarry

Post by Greybeard »

I got one not long ago for, if nothing else, the "show and tell" holster box(es) for CHL classes.

I wore it one day last weekend to one of those "huggy family" deals - with some curtain climbers in the mix too boot. Not real concerned about anyone "feeling" (they all know what I do for a living), I wore the thing all day about 4:00 with grip of PM-9 right at beltline and shirttail tucked. Not too bad - although I doubt it would work there for me with something as thick as a Glock. The belt is considerably thinner than a belly band, so not so prone to sweat up the old undies ...
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

doc540
Posts in topic: 2

Post by doc540 »

To each his own.

I have to carry in "deep cover", so SmartCarry is my answer.

It's totally concealed, comfortable, convenient, and well designed.

It does not point at my privates when either standing or sitting down.

I can't speak highly enough about it if it's your choice of a last resort, deep cover option.

I highly recommend it if it fits your body type and deep cover needs.

Even with a shirt tail tucked in, my Colt DS and Bianchi speed strip are invisible. (I do NOT carry a "no-safety" double action semi-auto.)

I can draw, aim, and fire in about 3 seconds. That works fine for my situation. (For demonstrations, just search "SmartCarry" on YouTube.com. or look for the links on the SmartCarry website.)

YMMV and I hope this helps

btw: you can't lose with the 100% money back guarantee Charlie offers
http://www.train2shoot.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Lifetime Member
NRA Instructor
"Shooting more, typing less"

MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

Greybeard wrote:Not too bad - although I doubt it would work there for me with something as thick as a Glock.
Here I am with a g-19:
ImageImageImage

and a bersa380
ImageImageImage

I wear it higher than recommended, so the grip rides just at the belt line. It is more comfortable to wear an undershirt between your skin and the band.

Trope

Post by Trope »

I have one and also have a G19 and Bersa 380cc. The Bersa is quite comfortable, and that's the one I mostly use with this holster. I can get away with the G19, but it's not as comfortable. As the weather heats up, I find myself using the SmartCarry more and more with shorts that aren't well suited to a gun belt.

It's a well-made product, and I think it's worth having as an option, even if it's not your first choice. As for safety, I'm confident of it during carry, and during draw. Putting the gun into the holster deserves extra attention, but it's not a big deal.

Topic author
stash

Post by stash »

Hey folks - I appreciate the feedback and I will probably get one of these to have for the right occasion.

Thanks again, Stan
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

doc540

Post by doc540 »

Stan, just call Charlie and talk with him if you need to. He'll probably answer the phone.

His website it a hodgepodge of links, but it has a LOT of good information. And he'll honor the 100% moneyback guarantee, so you really can't lose.

I wear mine daily, and it's so comfortable I could forget it was there, but, of course, I don't.
http://www.train2shoot.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Lifetime Member
NRA Instructor
"Shooting more, typing less"

Ivan4x4

Post by Ivan4x4 »

I have one , along with a pager pal and a dom hume iwb holster and i got to say that its very comfy for me, my primery pistol is a 3" colt defender and it does not poke or pinch and i find I can retreve it under 3 sec.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

The outside the shirt look isn't for me so I used to use mine with a G19, but no longer.

Why?

When sitting I'd have to put a magazine or something in my lap or I'd look like I was happy to see someone...and yes, my cargo shorts are at least 2 sizes too large for me so there was ample room to accommodate this rig.

This rather awkward situation isn't something I wanted to put up with so I switched to an OWB holster with an un-tucked shirt. This is a trade off I don't care for, but when carrying, trade-off's are part of the deal. Total comfort and personal style are going to be compromised.

When using TSC I also appreciate I could use a smaller pistol and this would help the situation, but I would still feel it's presence and it's odd appearance when sitting would still be there to some extent and I don't think I could ever really get used to it. And, it feels, well, creepy...

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”