I shot a Rhino

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

nyj
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I shot a Rhino

Post by nyj »

I've always heard they're nice shooters. Love the unique look. If I ever see one at a steal, I'll take it.

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

For a second there, I though you might have been talking about Chris Christie. "rlol"

I saw one of those in a movie. I think maybe the new Total Recall. Kate Beckinsale's character had one.

(In my best Homer Simpson voice) Kate Beckinsale :drool:

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

BigGuy wrote:For a second there, I though you might have been talking about Chris Christie. "rlol"

I saw one of those in a movie. I think maybe the new Total Recall. Kate Beckinsale's character had one.

Haven't seen the movie, but I think I remember reading that one of the characters uses a rhino.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

First time I opened this thread I expected to see a photo of this guy...

Then I realized the thread title said "Rhino", not "RINO" :mrgreen:

( :tiphat: I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitresses. Be sure to try the veal.)
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

shipwreck
Posts in topic: 3

Post by shipwreck »

CoffeeNut wrote:
shipwreck wrote:Congrats! I have come so close to buying one of those many times over the years
If you don't mind me asking, what made you walk away from it?
Well, a couple reasons... I really don't want to stock another caliber (I have no 357 or 38 weapons).

And, the company that sells it doesn't have a stellar reputation. Honestly, if someone like Ruger or S&W were selling it, I'd probably have one. (despite having to then go out and stock a new caliber).

I've been around handguns a while, and owned many. I generally stay with "name brands."

The Kriss carbine interested me as well at one time - but it was really the only weapon the company was selling, and its something kinda new and unique. I wanna see some history of reliability and customer service before I drop that much change.

Topic author
CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 6

Post by CoffeeNut »

shipwreck wrote:
CoffeeNut wrote:
shipwreck wrote:Congrats! I have come so close to buying one of those many times over the years
Well, a couple reasons... I really don't want to stock another caliber (I have no 357 or 38 weapons).

And, the company that sells it doesn't have a stellar reputation. Honestly, if someone like Ruger or S&W were selling it, I'd probably have one. (despite having to then go out and stock a new caliber).

I've been around handguns a while, and owned many. I generally stay with "name brands."

The Kriss carbine interested me as well at one time - but it was really the only weapon the company was selling, and its something kinda new and unique. I wanna see some history of reliability and customer service before I drop that much change.
All good points!
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

psijac
Posts in topic: 2

Post by psijac »

shipwreck wrote:
CoffeeNut wrote:

I would not get a kriss personally. The recoil mechanic dampens muzzle flip in full auto. Except you can't buy the full auto version as a civilian. Unless you just dig how it looks there are probably better/cheaper choices for a .45 carbine.
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

shipwreck
Posts in topic: 3

Post by shipwreck »

Well, it does look cool.

If the damn 45 ACP Hk USC carbine grip wasn't so fat, I would have owned one already. The mag doesn't fit in the grip - so, why did they make it like holding a bar of soap. I was all set to scoop one up at a gun show until I held one a few years back.

JSThane
Banned

Post by JSThane »

Dave2 wrote:
BigGuy wrote:For a second there, I though you might have been talking about Chris Christie. "rlol"

Haven't seen the movie, but I think I remember reading that one of the characters uses a rhino.
As I recall, there are several Rhinos in the movie. Dumb thing is, IIRC, they're shown firing more than 6 rounds, and they're apparently reloaded by changing cylinders, as though they were power packs. Kinda dumb; they were evidently chosen solely for their oddball looks, similarly to the Calico rifles used in Spaceballs, and the prop-master had no clue how to make a revolver semi-realistic in a "future world."

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

shipwreck wrote:Well, it does look cool.

If the darn 45 ACP Hk USC carbine grip wasn't so fat, I would have owned one already. The mag doesn't fit in the grip - so, why did they make it like holding a bar of soap. I was all set to scoop one up at a gun show until I held one a few years back.
I think I see the problem.....

The mag don't go in the grip.....

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”