ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Grillmark55
Posts in topic: 1

Re: ammo on sale

Post by Grillmark55 »

puma guy wrote:I was visiting my brother the other day and his neighbor walked over to the fence to chat. During the conversation he started bragging about how he knows all the local WalMart delivery days and gets to the stores very early to wait. He buys it to sell to a couple of dealers who make all the gun shows. From the amount he sells and from what he offered to sell me he's very successful. He even said he and his friends were the reason no one can find ammo. :banghead: He sells to local LEO's also.
These are the types of people who are going to result in getting laws changed - or at least proposed. The Gubmint won't care that they by thousands of rounds to resell, the Gubmint will just limit the number of rounds ANYBODY can buy and these sorry excuses of human beings will just laugh and count their money. I see ammo for sale by these people on line and I REFUSE to buy from them. It would serve them right to have thousands of rounds of ammo and not be able to sell it - or sell it at a loss.
:banghead: :mad5 :banghead: :mad5 :banghead:
A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

hpdrifter

Post by hpdrifter »

puma guy wrote:I was visiting my brother the other day and his neighbor walked over to the fence to chat. During the conversation he started bragging about how he knows all the local WalMart delivery days and gets to the stores very early to wait. He buys it to sell to a couple of dealers who make all the gun shows. From the amount he sells and from what he offered to sell me he's very successful. He even said he and his friends were the reason no one can find ammo. :banghead: He sells to local LEO's also.

I wonder if he has a license to sell ammo?

puma guy
Posts in topic: 54

Post by puma guy »

hpdrifter wrote:

I'm sure he has no formal business license nor tax exemption, but I am not sure what you refer to a license to sell ammo.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

probation_officer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by probation_officer »

hpdrifter wrote:

Sounds like he is making big profits. I wonder if he is reporting his profits to the IRS??

Wes
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Wes »

Opportunistic people like that are the exact cause of the problem ATM.

I did learn that my Walmart has stopped putting anything out before 7 though, if its on the truck and gets unpacked earlier it gets locked up in the back.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

silverbear
Posts in topic: 3

Post by silverbear »

9mm at Walmart 45 and El Dorado (Houston) PPU brand for 14.75. Ten boxes in stock as of 5pm today. Also .40 at Academy on 45 near hobby airport at around 4:30 pm today - around 20 boxes or so, Federal I think. Still looking for the elusive .22 lr.
I support the right to arm bears.

probation_officer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by probation_officer »

Walmart in Nac at 6pm today about 25 boxes of 7.62 x39 at $5.17 a box.

race4beer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by race4beer »

Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville has 500rd cases of 9mm Frangible for $200 on the floor

jtran987

Post by jtran987 »

a lot of ammo at the walmart in pearland

puma guy
Posts in topic: 54

Post by puma guy »

I was @ Academy Edgebrook and I45 last night. They had pistol ammo out on the gondolas where they display rifle and SG ammo. They had .44 SW Spcl , 10 mm, 38 spcl reg and P+ plus defense .38 rounds. Also had .32 ACP out on the shelf.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

rev210
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rev210 »

Freedom Munitions has 9mm in stock at the moment.

http://www.freedommunitions.com/9mm-115 ... -b0500.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sdmahoney

Post by sdmahoney »

Just saw .38 special, 223 tula, .40, .380 and some more at the Walmart on Wheatland near I20 (Duncanville/Dallas area). Looks like things are starting to loosen up!

knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

rev210 wrote:Freedom Munitions has 9mm in stock at the moment.

http://www.freedommunitions.com/9mm-115 ... -b0500.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They raised their prices significantly on the 9mm since Late January when I last ordered from them. The box of 500 is about $25 more than it was before.

armanius
Posts in topic: 9

Post by armanius »

Gander Mountain in Cypress has tons of Blazer Brass FMJ in 9mm, 380 and 45. The price of 9mm was $119 for box of 350 rounds. 380 was $119 for box of 250 rounds. I didn't look at the price of the 45's.
04.03.2013 Mailed Documents
06.19.2013 Received CHL
NRA Member

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 9

Post by SQLGeek »

I paid $89 for that same box back in December. :cryin

At least it is becoming available again. I checked ammobot for the first time in a few weeks and was surprised to see what was available.
Psalm 91:2

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”