Dallas Summer Musicals-Fair Park - 30.06 CHL Carry????

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Skipper5
Posts in topic: 2

Dallas Summer Musicals-Fair Park - 30.06 CHL Carry????

Post by Skipper5 »

Anyone know re: CHL carry at the Dallas Summer Musicals theather & 30.06, etc??
Heading over next couple days I believe and wonder if carry is good there.
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

Syntax360
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Syntax360 »

I haven't been since last year, and I didn't carry then, but I recall looking for 30.06 signs and finding none. I *think* you will be alright, but keep an eye out.

bburgi

Post by bburgi »

I didn't see any posted over at the Music Hall.
Last edited by bburgi on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Post by FrEaK_aCcIdEnT »

I carried at the state fair this year as well. I think i remember running into a non-compliant sign at the African American Museum. (but dont quote me it may have been compliant and I may ignored it. My memory escapes me.) Im sure you can call them and get the info. There may be others.

here is their contact info.

http://www.dallascityhall.com/FairPark/ ... tacts.html

Topic author
Skipper5

Post by Skipper5 »

My wife and I thoroughly scoured the entrance of Fiar Park Music Hall...and saw nothing in the way of signs of any sort.
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

Renegade

Post by Renegade »

I thought it was Govt. property.

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Fair park owned by City of Dallas - who I believe did recognize Legislative decision regarding 30.06 signs in 2003, which was when CHLers could carry at State Fair.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

plano2001

Re: Dallas Summer Musicals-Fair Park - 30.06 CHL Carry????

Post by plano2001 »

Has anyone been here lately? I know you can carry on the fair grounds, but what about in the Music Hall? Is it posted or metal detectors/wands being used?

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

plano2001 wrote:Has anyone been here lately? I know you can carry on the fair grounds, but what about in the Music Hall? Is it posted or metal detectors/wands being used?
Was there a couple of years ago and no metal detectors or signs at that time and I carried.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

plano2001 wrote:Has anyone been here lately? I know you can carry on the fair grounds, but what about in the Music Hall? Is it posted or metal detectors/wands being used?
the Music Hall is within the park and not otherwise prohibited, so carry away. They like to think the the Cotton Bowl is off limits, but only during a game. I don't go there for the game and don't have any interest in going in there anyway, so I'm not worried about it and don't point out their error.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

matthewk

Post by matthewk »

According to their website

"What is the handgun policy at the Music Hall at Fair Park?

Carrying a Firearm on these premises is prohibited. This includes persons licensed to carry a concealed handgun pursuant to state law. Carrying a firearm on these premises is a Class "A" Misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in jail and a $4000.00 fine. TEXAS PENAL CODE, SECTION 30.06; TEXAS PENAL CODE, SECTION 46.035. "

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

matthewk wrote:According to their website

Carrying a Firearm on these premises is prohibited. This includes persons licensed to carry a concealed handgun pursuant to state law. Carrying a firearm on these premises is a Class "A" Misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in jail and a $4000.00 fine. TEXAS PENAL CODE, SECTION 30.06; TEXAS PENAL CODE, SECTION 46.035. "
The Music Hall is part of Fair Park and owned by the City of Dallas, so can't validly have a 30.06 sign. Even if it was a private venuse, the website if not valid notification as it is not in the proper format to be legal.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

matthewk wrote:According to their website

They are either clueless or defiant. These are Fair Park's own rules.
Weapons and sharp metal objects, such as pocket knives, scissors and the like, are not allowed. The State of Texas does allow a person holding a valid concealed handgun license to enter into Fair Park with a concealed handgun. However, during the State Fair of Texas and some other special events, licenses will be examined at the entrance by an authorized security supervisor. In accordance with Texas laws that protect "premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place," handguns are never permitted inside the Cotton Bowl.
http://www.fairpark.org/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=31" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

CarrolltonCHL

Post by CarrolltonCHL »

Just an FYI regarding the Music Hall at Fair Park. Last night (4/25/2013) We took DART from Carrollton to see WICKED. I checked all entryways into The Music Hall and there was ZERO 30.06 signage posted (there wasn't even a bogus No guns slash/circle). So contrary to their website, the Music Hall is CHL friendly :cool:

Also, very glad I had my glock as on the way back there were two separate incidents on the light rail that fortunately didn't escalate. But, it was very comforting knowing that as I watched them unfold, I was going to be able to protect my family if the situation called for it.

CarrolltonCHL

thevelement

Post by thevelement »

I also went to Dallas Music Hall last night to see Wicked, and I can also attest to the fact that I saw no 30.06 signs. Also, either the security guard at the entrance had a keen eye, or I was printing through my suit jacket because he came up and asked if I was carrying. Upon an affirmative reply, he asked to see my license, and after inspection he thanked me and wished me a good night.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”