ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 5

Re: ammo on sale

Post by Excaliber »

I stopped by a local range yesterday and asked if they had any .22 ammo in stock. I didn't really need it, but I pick some up from time to time just to keep my supply topped off.

They said the only stuff they had in that caliber was in the consignment case.

Consignment??!!

This I had to see, so I checked it out.

Sure enough, there was a plastic freezer bag with 550 rounds of ordinary .22LR ammo of mixed brands and bullet types priced at $87.95.

A few months ago you could have found that amount of ammo and a used gun for that price.

I remarked to the owner that the folks who hadn't seen the current situation coming were going to be paying through the nose to make up for their lack of vision.

He chuckled and agreed. He said while I had been shooting on the range for 90 minutes or so, he'd sold 4 batches of that stuff.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Teamless
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Teamless »

I talked to a gun in line at Academy this morning, he said he is trading 2 boxes (550 rounds each) of .22 cal target ammo to a guy for a 2700 watt generator!
I was like really? its $40 worth of ammo, he said "I know" with a big grin on his face.
To top it off, he said he bought it yesterday at Wal-Mart LOL (but said he still has about 9000 rounds at home, and I am jealous of that, as I only have about 1400!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

puma guy
Posts in topic: 54

Post by puma guy »

I just received notification the CMP is out of Aguila .22 LR that I posted a while back. They are taking orders to be put on the list when it comes back in stock. No date given for that to happen. They are now limiting quantities of the Greek 30.06 to 10 cans annually. I ordered some of the Aguila .30 Carbine which was still available.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Scott in Houston
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Scott in Houston »

scored 3 boxes of .22lr this morning (325 rounds per box). Walmart had 9 boxes. I could only buy 3. I went back at lunch time to see if I could get more, but they were already sold out.... 3 hours later.

Brettster
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Brettster »

Super Wallmart Lockhart had 100 boxes of Privi 223 when i was in there just now.Had alot of 40 cal. also.I just bought a couple of Win. value pack 12gauge slugs.
Sig carry 1911 Rock Island 2011 Tac.
Mailed 2-21-12
plastic 4-24-12

C-dub
Posts in topic: 9

Post by C-dub »

WalMart at Midway and LBJ has several hundred rounds of WWB .380
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Watchful
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Watchful »

Went to the SAXET gun show in Robstown this morning. There was more ammo available than I expected, but WOW everybody was gouging! One booth wanted $80 for a 100 rnd box of WWB 40 S&W. The cheapest I saw was $60/ box. Left the show and went to Academy and got the same ammo for $36. (only one box though :grumble ).

CCI Blazer .380 was going for $22 - $25 a box. I saw a 500 rnd brick of 22LR, they were asking $100. Needless to say, I left the show with no ammo.

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

Academy in Wichita Falls had 22lr, one box of 50 per person allowed, $2.39 with tax. My wife and I bought one box each. What a deal.

newTexan
Posts in topic: 10

Post by newTexan »

Question: I back ordered some ammo from Mountain Range online. At the time, their estimated arrival date was mid-Feb. They're now showing those same products as no longer backorderable and with a delivery date of 3/7/2013. This is the first time I've ordered ammo online. Should I anticipate something around their original date, their new date, or "in the fullness of time"? any ideas? magic-8-ball says?

el_chupo_
Posts in topic: 8

Post by el_chupo_ »

I would anticipate the new date posted, as they were probably notified of a delay. If it comes early, surprise!

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Just had Cabelas cancel my order for 300 rnds of .223 that I placed in mid January. They emailed me a couple of days ago saying they were going to cancel unless I contacted them to tell them not to. I did, and they acknowledged the continuing back order. Then today I got another email saying they had canceled it.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Ericstac
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Ericstac »

sjfcontrol wrote:Just had Cabelas cancel my order for 300 rnds of .223 that I placed in mid January. They emailed me a couple of days ago saying they were going to cancel unless I contacted them to tell them not to. I did, and they acknowledged the continuing back order. Then today I got another email saying they had canceled it.
What kind? Remington UMC? I have a 800rd bulk pack on backorder with them.

Just checked and its still on b/c, and it was order jan 2nd

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Ericstac wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:Just had Cabelas cancel my order for 300 rnds of .223 that I placed in mid January. They emailed me a couple of days ago saying they were going to cancel unless I contacted them to tell them not to. I did, and they acknowledged the continuing back order. Then today I got another email saying they had canceled it.
What kind? Remington UMC? I have a 800rd bulk pack on backorder with them.

Just checked and its still on b/c, and it was order jan 2nd
This was the product, ordered 1/16/13...
21-6821 REMINGTON UMC 223 REM 55GR MC W/BOX
Backorder-Tentative arrival to CRI 01/25/13
This was their notice...
We are sorry to inform you that your order for .223REM 55GR MC-30 is being cancelled.
Due to dramatic changes in market conditions, Cabela’s has cancelled backorders for certain high-demand products. As always, it is our goal to deliver the same top-quality products and high level of service you have come to expect from Cabela’s. However, we believe it better to cancel backorders than to present unrealistic expectations to our valued customers.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience and Thank You for being a valued Cabela’s customer!
This was Cabela's response to my complaint about the cancellation...
Thank you for being a loyal Cabela's Club Member!

Unfortunately we have been informed by our vendor that they are no longer able to supply the Remington .223 ammo that we requested. All orders for this ammo have been cancelled. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if we can be of further service.

Thank you for visiting cabelas.com and come back soon!
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Skiprr »

I wonder if Joe Biden is even cognizant of the current, absolutely amazing market conditions, or if he's still preaching that a double-barreled shotgun is the best, and only, defensive firearm anyone ever needs. According to Biden, just go out on your front porch and discharge both barrels; don't bother aiming at anything in particular. Your tactical problem, no matter what it is, will then be solved.

:mad5
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Wes
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Wes »

I backordered 800 of the same in January and have not received a cancelation email, yet I guess, lol
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”