ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Gameover
Posts in topic: 4

Re: ammo on sale

Post by Gameover »

CainA wrote:I just ordered from this place on Friday and now they have a "not taking anymore orders..." on their website. This is crazy!!

http://hurricaneammo.com/storefront/ind ... ommon/home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a guy advertising on backpage for ammo, but it is a gouge. $45 for 50 rnds of .45ACP and same for 9mm. $45 for a $12 box of ammo, I'll pass.
Are people really paying that much...I see adds like this all the time but I cant imagine someone really paying that. Here is some .45 in stock for the moment.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/1 ... v=CJTSGUSA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Question everything

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 183

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Ammoman has a few selections this morning... It probably won't last long but here ya go anyway.

http://www.ammoman.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TexGalRK
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TexGalRK »

Checked Walmart(little rd. in Arlington) Academy in NRH and Cabelas in Ft. Worth today...never have I seen such a sad sight. A few piddly boxes of ammo (no 22, 9, 40 or 45 which i want) here and there and that was it. Saw more shot shells than anything...but those supplies looked to be getting sparse too. Only good thing...I found some 7.62nagant for my revolver @ cabelas, which I was out of completely. @$25.99 per 50 round box I was happy. No one ever has it and when they did some months back I only got it online and it was $27.99. Good luck...its tough out there!

RK-- :fire
:txflag:

howdy
Posts in topic: 27

Post by howdy »

Academy in Katy had LOTS of 38 special (several brands). I even saw a couple of cases on the floor. They also had 45 colt and 44 mag. The Wal Mart in Katy (Fry Rd) has 45acp (WWB and Tuloammo). All prices looked normal.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

switch365
Posts in topic: 2

Post by switch365 »

howdy wrote:Academy in Katy had LOTS of 38 special (several brands). I even saw a couple of cases on the floor. They also had 45 colt and 44 mag. The Wal Mart in Katy (Fry Rd) has 45acp (WWB and Tuloammo). All prices looked normal.
That sounds about right. 38 special and 45 are not feeling the pinch yet. It's tough to get the exact kind of ammo you want in those calibers, but ammo is still available. It's 9mm and 40 s&w that are cleared off the shelves first and foremost.
TexGalRK wrote:Saw more shot shells than anything...but those supplies looked to be getting sparse too.
Shot shells were raining down at each of the WalMarts I visited. The shelves and storage cabinets under the counters were filled with 12 gauge and more.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

03Lightningrocks wrote:Ammoman has a few selections this morning... It probably won't last long but here ya go anyway.

All I saw for 9mm was some Federal tactical ammo. $350 for 500. :(

jmra
Posts in topic: 12

Post by jmra »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:Ammoman has a few selections this morning... It probably won't last long but here ya go anyway.

Target ammo has been selling out in less than 15 min after it is posted. I watched 80,000 rds go in just a few mins last week.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

jmra wrote:
Redneck_Buddha wrote:

Target ammo has been selling out in less than 15 min after it is posted. I watched 80,000 rds go in just a few mins last week.
Holy frack.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 183

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

It is crazy how fast target ammo sells out. Buy the time a person can put it in their cart and check out, poof... All gone!

I don't think Justin Beaver sells out that fast. :mrgreen:

rentz
Posts in topic: 15

Post by rentz »

03Lightningrocks wrote:It is crazy how fast target ammo sells out. Buy the time a person can put it in their cart and check out, poof... All gone!

I don't think Justin Beaver sells out that fast. :mrgreen:

Yup aim's site just blew up when they posted wolf 223

grumble
Posts in topic: 10

Post by grumble »

I fully understand about having to raise prices when supply is low. If you can't continually churn (replenish and resell) your inventory, you won't be in business long. However, there's scratching to stay alive and then there is gouging.

I've seen WWB and UMC 9mm 115gr. FMJ selling on bulkammo.com for $575/1,000. That's nuts. I scored a couple of 1,000 rd. cases of Aguila 117gr. JHP from another source for $279. At $14/box for what has been going for 12/13 I can stomach it. At $29/box for the same, I'm having nothing to do with it.

Yesterday, sgammo.com had Federal hi-shok 9mm 115gr jhp's for $359/1000. I see bulkammo.com has them for $565/1000 right now. Same ammo, $200+ price differential? I know who will keep my business when this ammo shortage is over.
Who are my congressmen again? http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us

howdy
Posts in topic: 27

Post by howdy »

Natches Shooters supplies has AE 223/55gr, 1000 rds for $599. ($12/box) Time 4:20pm on Tuesday.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Arch Stanton
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Arch Stanton »

Freedom Munitions in Houston had a fair amount of 9mm in 115 and 147gr this morning. I didn't notice what other pistol ammo they had other than .357 and .40.

They had some .223 in 55gr FMJ and 62gr PSP, but it's probably gone already. They were limiting people to 250 rounds of .223 and both of what they had were going for about $.58 per round (it was new and not reman).

Rrash
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rrash »

SG Ammo had 9mm bulk ammo this morning for about 11 mins before it was all sold out. I wasn't quick enough. Next time, I will duck out of my meeting.

Superdavetx
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Superdavetx »

I don't get this.. What the heck? Why are people buying cases of ammo and not use it?

I went to walmart the other day to see if I could get some 9mm. none available. Lesson learned. I need to go early in the morning..

but a guy there told me he bought a case last week. I ask him if he shot it already, he said no. So, WTH! You need more?

Jeez. Its like people freaking out about the weather and going to buy all batteries and water. or another loon that is hoarding ammo?
Last edited by Superdavetx on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”