Where to Buy 9MM now?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Where to Buy 9MM now?

Post by TexasCajun »

Quite a bit of Monarch 115, both steel & brass casing at academy in pasadena this morning. Probably won't last long though.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Steve133
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Steve133 »

The Interwebs have at least some. LuckyGunner is out, but things seem to be trickling back in on Ammoman. After watching 8 cases of 9 evaporate while I was trying to order some yesterday, I noticed some more in stock today and bought some. Might want to jump on it now, they're going pretty quick.

misterlarry
Posts in topic: 2

Post by misterlarry »

FYI - Quite a bit of Monarch and Gold Dot 9mm, plus Plano case lots and lots of 50 round boxes of .40 S&W & .45CAP at Houston Academy (249 & 1960) today at 4:30 pm. No .22LR however.
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Definitely not the Basspro or Academy I went to today.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Backlash Minnow

Post by Backlash Minnow »

I've had good luck with BulkAmmo.com. You have to check it daily though. For example, day before yesterday they were out. This evening I ordered 1000 rounds of American Eagle 9mm ($375 + $18 FedEx). By the time I went back 10 minutes later, they were out. When it's on their website, they have it available for shipment.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

Cabela's in Ft. Worth had a good stock on Thursday. They did have a 10 box limit. Take your wife that is 1,000 rounds. It was close to $16.00 a box. I was told they get truck daily with ammo.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

carlson1 wrote:Cabela's in Ft. Worth had a good stock on Thursday. They did have a 10 box limit. Take your wife that is 1,000 rounds. It was close to $16.00 a box. I was told they get truck daily with ammo.
for $11 to $16 or 50% more for the same product is a crazy price gouging!
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Wodathunkit

Post by Wodathunkit »

Just placed an order from Freedom munitions for a thousand rounds @ .27p/r after tax and shipping. I thought that was a descent price, now lets see if the order gets filled, showed a quantity o 1 in stock.
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 7

Post by VMI77 »

This past Thursday.....Cabela's in Buda, virtually no magazines, no bulk ammo --they had .223 and 7.62 and most other handgun and rifle ammo in limited supply rationed 10 boxes per customer. No 22 LR.

Stopped at four different Walmarts, no ..223, 7.62, not much handgun ammo, and no 22 LR.

Academy, slim pickings....a few boxes of 22 LR high velocity....no bulk ammo, no .223 or 7.62, little handgun ammo.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 10

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I am stunned that Cabelas is selling 9mm practice ammo or 16 bucks a box! Wow! Simply Wow! :shock:
I may start selling ammo from my stash if this keeps up. Holy Cow!! I wonder how high this stuff is going to go?

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RottenApple »

Walmart in Wylie had Federal 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ for $11.97/box of 50 2 days ago. They got in 4 cases that morning. They were sold out in about 4 hours.

BigHatNoCows

Post by BigHatNoCows »

http://www.freedommunitions.com/default.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shows 500 and 1000 round cases in stock.
I have no experience with this company though.
"If a frog had a six shooter the snake wouldn't mess with him." - my brother, 1965.
NRA Member, TSRA Member, DU Member
Proud 5th generation Texan
Citizen USA

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

03Lightningrocks wrote:I am stunned that Cabelas is selling 9mm practice ammo or 16 bucks a box! Wow! Simply Wow! :shock:
I may start selling ammo from my stash if this keeps up. Holy Cow!! I wonder how high this stuff is going to go?
You may want to keep your stash. In fact you may have to defend your stash from those who do not have any at all.

S_3

Post by S_3 »

I think this situation is going to be tough on a lot of brick and mortar gun stores down the road. When 9mm and even 22 are not on the shelves long term, many shooters will start buying cases of ammo online and build up safety stock at home. Even without taking 50% price jumps into account. Like the 12 roll packs of toilet paper, it's cheaper and more convenient in the long run to buy in bulk if you have the room to store it, and you don't have to worry as much about running out.
When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom:
"S times 3"

JRG

Post by JRG »

S_3 wrote:I think this situation is going to be tough on a lot of brick and mortar gun stores down the road. When 9mm and even 22 are not on the shelves long term, many shooters will start buying cases of ammo online and build up safety stock at home. Even without taking 50% price jumps into account. Like the 12 roll packs of toilet paper, it's cheaper and more convenient in the long run to buy in bulk if you have the room to store it, and you don't have to worry as much about running out.

How long can I store ammo and keep it usable?

Joe

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”