Trading LaRue for kimber raptor need advice

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Jules
Posts in topic: 1

Trading LaRue for kimber raptor need advice

Post by Jules »

This is not an add. I'm planning on trading my Larue obr for a 5" lnib stainless raptor II. My gun is practically new, I picked it up for a steal of a deal and the raptor I'm looking at is in just as good condition. I figured the raptor is probably a 1000$ used and he has a couple Wilson mags and a holster to add as well. My Larue comes with 700 or more rounds and buis. I'm just curios as to what you think my gun and his gun are worth. I posted when I got the gun and had offers for 1800 right then and there, but the new hadn't worn off of it for me at that time. I'm curios as to how much 250 rounds down the barrel takes off the value of my obr?

cbunt1

Re: Trading LaRue for kimber raptor need advice

Post by cbunt1 »

Jules wrote:This is not an add. I'm planning on trading my Larue obr for a 5" lnib stainless raptor II. My gun is practically new, I picked it up for a steal of a deal and the raptor I'm looking at is in just as good condition. I figured the raptor is probably a 1000$ used and he has a couple Wilson mags and a holster to add as well. My Larue comes with 700 or more rounds and buis. I'm just curios as to what you think my gun and his gun are worth. I posted when I got the gun and had offers for 1800 right then and there, but the new hadn't worn off of it for me at that time. I'm curios as to how much 250 rounds down the barrel takes off the value of my obr?
Depends on whether I'm buying or selling...if I'm selling it, about $5.00. If I'm buying it, well, heck, you've used up half of a 500-round lifespan! :smilelol5:

As long as both parties walk away from a trade thinking they got a good deal, well, then that's a good thing.
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

txhighlander

Post by txhighlander »

Not sure I could trade a LaRue anything for a Kimber anything, but each to their own. I guess that your OBR is a 5.56? The retail on their site is $2200+ for a 5.56 OBR. Your OBR should be worth far more than the Kimber without the ammo. 250 rounds just means it is used, not wore out. If I were buying no more than $600 for the Kimber and the LaRue between $1300 and $1500. Hope that helps. If you can still get $1800 for the OBR then sell it and buy the Kimber and have lots left over for ammo.
Last edited by txhighlander on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Truth against the world

Sputz

Post by Sputz »

IMO the Larue does not equal a Kimber ask him for a nighthawke or an ed brown.

Sputz

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

I wouldn't trade an OBR for a Kimber anything...

I'm assuming this is an OBR 556 since this even a question - so I would say he is missing about $1200 MINIMUM. Last I checked the OBRs were on a wait list, and I can go into my LGS and pick up any flavor of Kimber I want. That is a huge offsetting in value. Guys are selling the Larue Costa Editions for cost + $200 and they were getting snapped up as soon as possible because it was worth 10% more not to have to wait.

If you're mind is made up, then it's your rifle to trade, but I couldn't do it. The Larue is high level gear, while anything with a Kimber rollmark is just pretty, but not what I would consider high grade kit.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

cubbyjg

Post by cubbyjg »

I wouldn't make the trade. The larue is a sweet rifle and I envy you. If you are set on trading it, definitely ask for cash plus the Kimber.
Hook'em Horns!
Class of 2007

“I am actually for gun control. Use both hands." - Gov. Rick Perry

cajunautoxer

Post by cajunautoxer »

Are you the guy that had this posted in TGT looking for a OU?

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”