Tossing around an idea

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

texasmusic
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Tossing around an idea

Post by texasmusic »

:thumbs2: I swapped my 23 for a 19 and have never looked back.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

you know how some people recommend buying gold, or silver or land as an investment? personally I think guns will eventually be worth more than all of that, if you have them and you can afford NOT to sell them then for heavens sake don't. Put them in the back of the closet with some ammo to match them....at some point you will either need them or you will need to sell them and you will be suprised at the price you can get for them.

just my opinion...not worth what you paid for it. :cool:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
Bennies
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Bennies »

SewTexas wrote:you know how some people recommend buying gold, or silver or land as an investment? personally I think guns will eventually be worth more than all of that, if you have them and you can afford NOT to sell them then for heavens sake don't. Put them in the back of the closet with some ammo to match them....at some point you will either need them or you will need to sell them and you will be suprised at the price you can get for them.

just my opinion...not worth what you paid for it. :cool:
Yeah that's a thought for sure. Who's to say in the next six months the AK might not double in price. It is something to consider. But man my gun budget is tight now too. I could see an argument for both sides.
GOA member
NRA member
TSRA member
Glock 23 w/Crossbreed Supertuck

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

there definitely is an argument for both sides....having a majority of guns in one caliber is a very good idea. And having both of you carry one style of weapon is a very good idea, if you are in a fight and one of you runs out of ammo and the other is in a better position you can get the other the gun and continue the fight easily without trying to "figure out how it works" but it can also be done by time at the range. I always fire my husband's gun at the range, it's solid metal, it's too heavy for me to carry, (I have hip problems, I realize it's a great gun, but any extra weight is felt in my hips.) Wgoforth, I think it's him, has a great write-up about spouses carrying the same gun.

My thoughts on guns as investments are just that, my thoughts....alot of people speculate about the economy crashing....my thinking is, if it does, guns will become very, very valuable. Plus, heck, if there is a zombie apocolyse, who cares about gold, give me a gun :lol:
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Sell AK, buy .22 upper.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

LR95S97

Post by LR95S97 »

As others have posted, if you are comfortable shooting a particular caliber over another, then dont deviate (especially for SD / HD situations).

I recently had the opportunity to purchase a high caliber pistol. I took it (along with my HD and SD pistols) to the range, and after 200 rounds at various distances, realized it was not for me.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”