Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
wetboyz
Posts in topic: 1

Gun knowledgeable Optometrist in Houston Needed

Post by wetboyz »

HI guys and gals.
As I approached older age I find that I need glasses to shoot.
I am trying to find a gun knowledgeable Optometrist in Houston that knows how to deal with glasses, pistols and rifle sights with the proper target acquisition. The one I have now is not that keen on this. And If I have to tote my open sight rifle and pistol ( or bring it out :thumbs2: ) i dont want them freaking out. So, suggestions please and Thanks.

MoJo

Re: Gun knowledgeable Optometrist in Houston Needed

Post by MoJo »

Don' know nothin' about optometrists in Houston, In Beaumont Dr. Stuart Fracht is your man if you shoot and need glasses.

http://tx-beaumont.doctors.at/dr/stuart ... rtfrachtod" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

In my mid-50's, I am in the same boat.

Brassell Eye Care in the Champions area (NW, just off 249).

The owner was quite supportive of giving me shooting glass-specific prescription. I have a pair of Wiley Talon's on order with the prescription glass insert in a bi-focal prescription.

She's got no problem with firearms because she also own a gun store with her husband: 10 Ring, where they specialize in Ammo and reloading supplies.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Dad24GreatKids

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

Dr. David Lopez at the Texas State Optical location in Meyerland can help. Last time I was there he told me about a previous patient who was a competitive shooter. He would come in prior to normal office hours with his gear and Dr. Lopez would help him out.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

My eye doctor is in Texas City and is Dr. D.C. Bright. He knows exactly why I come in and has tailored my contacts for as close as possible so I can see the sights and normal vision too. I pistol shoot IDPA and play tennis and he works with me on REAL world seeing and takes the time for me to do it. He has the Wiley's in his office too. I also shoot using Bolle sunglasses that lets me use presciption inserts that snap into my frame so I can put in and take out custom lens just for shooting too. That way all my sunglasses have the same frame, interchangeable colored lenses for different sports and lighting conditions, plus I can move the prescription insert from one frame to the next for correction on whatever I need.
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”