Lone Star Gun Show - May 26, 2012

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 9

Lone Star Gun Show - May 26, 2012

Post by C-dub »

Looks like someone else got that BCM EAG that I was thinking about getting from CTD. So, I'm going to go over to the Will Rogers Center this weekend to see if I can find something interesting there. Is anyone else going?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
C-dub

Re: Lone Star Gun Show - May 26, 2012

Post by C-dub »

All right everyone. I sold the bike today, so I'm going shopping Saturday at the Will Rogers Center. I can't believe no one else is going. Oh well, I guess I'll get the good deals if I'm the only one there. :lol:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Tbucher1218
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tbucher1218 »

C-dub wrote:All right everyone. I sold the bike today, so I'm going shopping Saturday at the Will Rogers Center. I can't believe no one else is going. Oh well, I guess I'll get the good deals if I'm the only one there. :lol:
Hubby and I will probably go but not till Sunday, he has to work Saturday. Save some good deals for us :lol::
02/27/12 Online App
06/06/12 Plastic in Hand. 71 Days!

scref

Post by scref »

I can honestly say that I have never been to a gun show. I am serious thinking about going to this one. Should I leave my wallet in the car if I go?
EDC: S&W M&P Shield
TX CHL: 5/9/12

Ace5299
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ace5299 »

scref wrote:I can honestly say that I have never been to a gun show. I am serious thinking about going to this one. Should I leave my wallet in the car if I go?
Only if you don't mind walking back to get it.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

scref wrote:I can honestly say that I have never been to a gun show. I am serious thinking about going to this one. Should I leave my wallet in the car if I go?
If you've never been then go ahead and go. It's been several years since I've been to one and probably wouldn't be going this time if I weren't actually looking for something. If you don't think you could pass up a deal, but don't really want to spend any money just leave the cash and credit cards at home.

Tbucher1218

Post by Tbucher1218 »

We go quite often just to look around. Usually can get decent prices on guns and accessories you didn't even know you wanted. :coolgleamA:
02/27/12 Online App
06/06/12 Plastic in Hand. 71 Days!

Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

I was let down at the last lone star show. It was literally half the size of the other shows held there. I hope this one is better than the last. I have 2 AR15 builds to complete and I only lack 1 part for each.....a mil-spec buffer tube and a SPIKES upper receiver.
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I'm here. Didn't find any of the rifles I was looking for, but there are few brands I didn't do any research on.

Where does Bushmaster, DPMS, and Spikes fall in comparison to Colt, RUC, and Bravo Company?

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Back from the show. All I got was some mags for my daughter's M&P15-22 and beef jerky. Mmmm, jerky.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

BTW, for those going, they do have a large 30.06 sign out in front of the entrance. There were two lines, one for those with guns that needed to have one of the two FWPD officers check and zip tie them and another line for those without guns. NO metal detectors! So, for all you dissenters with money to face the challenge and step up to be our test case you could get "discovered" and see if they will really arrest and charge you with a 30.06 violation in a city owned facility.

scref

Post by scref »

My marbles are not big enough to try
EDC: S&W M&P Shield
TX CHL: 5/9/12

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

C-dub wrote:BTW, for those going, they do have a large 30.06 sign out in front of the entrance. There were two lines, one for those with guns that needed to have one of the two FWPD officers check and zip tie them and another line for those without guns. NO metal detectors! So, for all you dissenters with money to face the challenge and step up to be our test case you could get "discovered" and see if they will really arrest and charge you with a 30.06 violation in a city owned facility.
Or you could boycott businesses that post 30.06 signs no matter if they're restaurants, movie theaters, or gun shows. :thumbs2:
When in doubt
Vote them out!

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

tacticool wrote:
C-dub wrote:BTW, for those going, they do have a large 30.06 sign out in front of the entrance. There were two lines, one for those with guns that needed to have one of the two FWPD officers check and zip tie them and another line for those without guns. NO metal detectors! So, for all you dissenters with money to face the challenge and step up to be our test case you could get "discovered" and see if they will really arrest and charge you with a 30.06 violation in a city owned facility.
Or you could boycott businesses that post 30.06 signs no matter if they're restaurants, movie theaters, or gun shows. :thumbs2:
I wouldn't have gone today had I not been looking for a rifle. And I didn't feel like arguing about it or becoming a test case, so I just left it all in the car. Interestingly, though, I don't think they were confiscating ammo like I saw them doing at the last show I went to in Dallas 10+ years ago. Then, I remember seeing a large container, like a 5 gallon water jug, that they were making everyone empty their magazines into if they didn't want to take it back to the car. It was right after I got my CHL and I went ahead and let them zip tie my gun because I was there to check out holsters, but I did take my mags and ammo back to the car.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

I went today and wish I could get my time back. I wasn't impressed at all with this show and the vendors present. Gun shows IMHO are fast becoming a waste of time and money, they didn't even reimburse for parking this time.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”