Good News Heard Today

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Keith
Posts in topic: 1

Good News Heard Today

Post by Keith »

Was at The Bullet Trap today buying some goods when I started a conversation with a gentleman behind the counter and another customer. We were just talking guns and war stories when the employee brought up some info about a future range/shop.

I guess there going to be building a new place in Frisco. It will be a full shop with 3 gunsmiths,40 pistol bays and 5 rifle 100 yrd bays. Sounds very large complex. I thought he was just kidding but he assured me its a done deal (I HOPE). Should be done in 2012 not sure of much more then that but this would be great!

Time will tell. I know some here dont like Bullet Trap and to each his own. Please dont turn this into a BT bashing sesson. I tend to support any local buisness that is pro gun. :txflag:
When the bullet leaves
You can't bring it back

Pug

Re: Good News Heard Today

Post by Pug »

I've yet to see a post about any range that didn't draw some fire (errant or on target). Bullet Trap is certainly one of them. But the news of another range & shop possibly opening in Frisco is, indeed, good news. I'll be watching this thread to see if more information is forthcming about exactly where the new location might be. Having one more option among the three or four local ranges is great!
:hurry:

GaryTx

Post by GaryTx »

I heard from another source that there is supposed to be a range opening soon in Frisco, but I don't have any details.
NRA Life Member
http://www.texasLTCacademy.com.com
CHL Classes | Basic Handgun Classes | NRA Classes

Fisherman74

Post by Fisherman74 »

I have heard this before, from another source. I have also heard other reports over the years on ranges, which did not come about.

Is this going to be a Bullet Trap, same outfit or another group?

I hope it works out and is a good place and fair prices.

I have been disappointed in the place, the last few years.

waynegs

Post by waynegs »

No idea who is building it, but this was approved P&Z's October 25, 2011 meeting(item 7).

http://sire.friscotexas.gov/sirepub/mtg ... ype=AGENDA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Preliminary Site Plan and Revised Conveyance Plat: Frisco Center Business Park, Block B, Lots 1R & 7 (PSPCP11-0008)
Owner(s): Frisco Industrial Partners, LTD.
An indoor gun range and a mini-warehouse/self-storage facility on two lots on 8.4± acres on the southeast corner of Research Road and Eldorado Parkway. Zoned Planned Development-39-Industrial. Neighborhood #46. RC

skeetshooter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by skeetshooter »

The location of the new Frisco indoor range is next door to Home Depot on Eldorado between First St and Research Road (Thank you for the link waynegs). All we need now is a Skeet/Trap/Sporting Clays range that actually supports Registered targets. NSSA/NSCA/ATA. :clapping:

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

skeetshooter wrote:The location of the new Frisco indoor range is next door to Home Depot on Eldorado between First St and Research Road
Nuts... that's just as far for me as Targetmaster. Does anyone know if the Plano location will stay open?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

I remember many years ago when I had a private range in Panther creek just north of Frisco. Of course at that time Frisco only had about 3000 population. I had to go through fence gates and sometimes through small herds of cattle while walking the 300 yards down to the creek. Sure miss those days. Went through there a couple of years ago and couldn't even find the creek except out by 289 The area is now covered by numerous houses that I could not afford.
N5PNZ

urnoodle
Posts in topic: 3

Post by urnoodle »

skeetshooter wrote:The location of the new Frisco indoor range is next door to Home Depot on Eldorado between First St and Research Road (Thank you for the link waynegs). All we need now is a Skeet/Trap/Sporting Clays range that actually supports Registered targets. NSSA/NSCA/ATA. :clapping:
:woohoo This is so much closer to me. I can practice more often. Any idea when it's expected to open?
U R Noodle
CHL since 1/26/2012 - 41 days mailbox to mailbox

discoqueen

Post by discoqueen »

urnoodle wrote:
skeetshooter wrote:The location of the new Frisco indoor range is next door to Home Depot on Eldorado between First St and Research Road (Thank you for the link waynegs). All we need now is a Skeet/Trap/Sporting Clays range that actually supports Registered targets. NSSA/NSCA/ATA. :clapping:
:woohoo This is so much closer to me. I can practice more often. Any idea when it's expected to open?
I don't believe they've even started pushing the dirt around yet, but will keep a close eye on it when they do! This will be so much closer than going to Plano, and could even hit it up on my lunch hour!
How many tools are in your toolbox?
www.DefensiveMindset.com

urnoodle
Posts in topic: 3

Post by urnoodle »

discoqueen wrote: This will be so much closer than going to Plano, and could even hit it up on my lunch hour!
I was thinking the same thing. I'll have to check the membership prices.
U R Noodle
CHL since 1/26/2012 - 41 days mailbox to mailbox

frreed

Post by frreed »

Great! Maybe since their going to have more lanes and customers to fill them, prices will fall. Okay, well maybe not.

Their single lane rate is tolerable, but I often take my wife or son with me and they charge a full fare for a second shooter.
Add to that the helpful and courteous staff, the well lit and comfortable range, well I can't wait for the new Bullet Trap :roll:

skeetshooter

Post by skeetshooter »

I drove by the supposedly new Frisco Gun Range location which is actually on the corner of John W. Elliott and All Stars and not off of Eldorado as originally thought. The ground hasn't been moved yet. Still scheduled to open around 4th quarter 2012. I live about 1 mile away, can't wait. The prices are about the same as Bullet Trap. The owners are the DFW Gun Range guys if I'm not mistaken. As of this moment the website is down http://www.friscogun.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I called them and they were checking into that. The time frame is still sketchy on when construction starts.

45Carrier

Post by 45Carrier »

DFW Gun Range is building a range in Frisco.

Frisco Gun Club (I think) is going to be the name of it

discoqueen

Post by discoqueen »

There are supposedly TWO ranges being built, although neither site has done much more than push dirt around.

One is by the owners of DFW Gun Club (http://www.friscogunclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - this now forwards to Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville, but it used to go to a website set up by the DFW Gun Club people, so not sure what is going on with that), and the other is by the owners of The Bullet Trap (http://www.friscogunclubinc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). From what I understood, there was some dispute over who had the name first.....not sure what the latest is.
How many tools are in your toolbox?
www.DefensiveMindset.com

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”