Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

68Charger
Posts in topic: 50

Re: Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Post by 68Charger »

You are a Beretta freak! :P I hope you enjoy that lil Nano from them. Looks neat.

:fire
We don't need no stinking badges!

Kahrry
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Kahrry »

My wife is wanting the Nano for an OTB carry. We held one the other day at Academy and really liked how clean and solid it was. It's a shame Academy doesn't let you dry fire as I would of liked to test the trigger. She is also looking at the Ruger PF9 but I'm just not a fan of the extra long DA trigger pull, the fact that is has an external safety, and you how you can't fire the gun with the magazine out.

Also, I spoke with Pearce about extensions for the Nano and their response was that with all the recent hype and interest that they would be looking at making them but not until after the January Shot Show.
Kahr CW9
Springfield XD40 sub-compact

Grapevinebill
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grapevinebill »

I actually like the trigger. And the more I shoot it the smoother it gets. I had an LC9 prior to the Nano and it had a much longer trigger pull than the Nano. Keep an eye on the Beretta forum as there are some members over there who are having FTE issues with the new gun. Beretta is saying it seems to be ammo dependant and the gun is designed to work with higher power ammo. I had a few FTE's with 115 grain ammo and since started using 124 grain Nato ammo. Since the change I have had 0 failures. I am happy with the gun and carry it daily.
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

Grapevinebill
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grapevinebill »

@ 68charger, I take that as a compliment! :cool: I am crazy about each of my Beretta's. Great shooting guns.
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

EricB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by EricB »

urnoodle wrote:Image
My soon to be EDC once my plastic arrives.

Just joking. This will be my real EDC. :biggrinjester:

I've practiced at home and the Mosin is very difficult to conceal, so I picked the next best option in my arsenal. :mrgreen:
Nice! Is that a Para Slim Hawg? How do you like it?

urnoodle
Posts in topic: 3

Post by urnoodle »

It's not the slim hawg but the staggered stack magazine para hawg 9. In the beginning it took a little time to get used to the stiff recoil spring when racking the slide. I've put about 500 rounds through it of various brands with no problems. The spring has lost a little bit of stiffness and now its perfect. The only issue I had was when I first got it, the slide would lock open prematurely with one round still in the magazine. I called Para and within 2 days I had a new slide lock and I've had no problems since. When I bought it I was deciding between the Colt Defender, Springfield EMP, and the Kimber Ultra Carry II but since the hawg cost quite a bit less I went that route. I'm glad I did. The fit is as good or better than some of the contenders I've previously mentioned and it's very accurate. The finish is as people say, it looks nice but it does scratch off very easily on the bottom of the magazine well. Not a deal breaker for me because I intend on carrying it and expect it to get worn. One of my better purchases.
U R Noodle
CHL since 1/26/2012 - 41 days mailbox to mailbox

Wes
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Wes »

Ok, here is what I will be using, depending on how well I can conceal under what I am wearing. And I know, I know, horrible pics, but its the best I could get with the iPhone. I have ordered a pinky rest and an extra mag for the XDm, I already have an extra mag for the Ruger (even though I should probably have two extra when I carry it).

Ruger LCP .380
Springfield XDm 9mm

1-16-12 11-13-39 PM.jpg
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

snatchel
Posts in topic: 8

Post by snatchel »

As soon as the new holster comes in the next few days I'll post my new daily.
No More Signature

stroguy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by stroguy »

I know it is hard to see, but there is a Kimber UC2 in bewtween these RAASCO grips, or will be Saturday.

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

Update to my daily carry--Added the SP101 this past weekend. Carried IWB in a Shielded Holster Phalanx Appendix. G26 carried IWB in a Theiss Holsters Hybrid.

No More Signature

particle
Posts in topic: 4

Post by particle »

Here is what I've been carrying lately. Sig P238 in a holster I made for it. These Sig P238 pistols are fun to shoot! Too bad they run out of ammo so fast.

Here's another holster I made for it in the Avenger style, but I carry the pancake more since it rides tighter.

I carried this Kahr P9 for a couple/few years, but I haven't made my own holster for it yet. Another great shooting gun.

http://www.adamsleatherworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

particle wrote:Here is what I've been carrying lately. Sig P238 in a holster I made for it. These Sig P238 pistols are fun to shoot! Too bad they run out of ammo so fast.

Here's another holster I made for it in the Avenger style, but I carry the pancake more since it rides tighter.

I carried this Kahr P9 for a couple/few years, but I haven't made my own holster for it yet. Another great shooting gun.

You do fantastic holster work, I really am impressed. You ever decide you may wanna make one for someone else, let me know!
No More Signature

particle
Posts in topic: 4

Post by particle »

Thanks! I've been making them for a while now to replace my wife's income when we had our last child. I have a link to my site in my signature.
http://www.adamsleatherworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

...I'm an idiot. Why didn't I see that?
No More Signature

DFWTT
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DFWTT »

Haven't done this yet so here goes...Well traveled and well practiced G22 in a Comp-Tac MTAC, gassed up with BB 180gr +P. Nothing fancy but...I pity the fool. :txflag:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”