Could you conceal carry a short rifle?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

RECIT
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Could you conceal carry a short rifle?

Post by RECIT »

[qWear is your TV show?[/quote]
My work is too boring for TV, and I'm not going to make myself look stupid to make it entertaining.[/quote]

Good answer! :cheers2:
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Medic218

Post by Medic218 »

Hows this for ya.....

[youtube][/youtube]
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
"Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- M218

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I have a SIG522 which is basically the same thing as the SIG556, but in .22

If I took the folding stock off, would it be a pistol at that point? Can I legally do that?

74novaman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 74novaman »

Thomas wrote:I have a SIG522 which is basically the same thing as the SIG556, but in .22

If I took the folding stock off, would it be a pistol at that point? Can I legally do that?
Taking a stock off a rifle does not make it a pistol in the legal sense.

But putting a stock on a pistol does in legal terms make it a rifle...and is illegal without the appropriate paperwork.
TANSTAAFL

Ameer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ameer »

CJD wrote:For instance, a kel tec sub 2000. And I'm speaking from a legal standpoint.
Yes We Can
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Medic218

Post by Medic218 »

Ameer wrote:
CJD wrote:For instance, a kel tec sub 2000. And I'm speaking from a legal standpoint.
Yes We Can
Easy there Obama.
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
"Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- M218

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

PBratton wrote:So, get you a short barrelled AR upper and mate it to an AR Pistol lower... Instant pistol.
I'm building an AR pistol right now specifically to fit under a 3/4 length coat.

Well, not RIGHT NOW, but it's sitting back in TX waiting for completion "rlol"

Also planning on picking up a Mini Draco since it will fit in a messenger bag, and an Sub2k as well.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

MadMonkey wrote:
PBratton wrote:So, get you a short barrelled AR upper and mate it to an AR Pistol lower... Instant pistol.
I'm building an AR pistol right now specifically to fit under a 3/4 length coat.

Also planning on picking up a Mini Draco since it will fit in a messenger bag, and an Sub2k as well.
Mini Draco or regular Draco is the route I"ll be going when I eventually build an SBR.

I had a Sub2K. They're fun, interesting guns..but if I'm going to have something that size, I'd prefer it be in a rifle caliber. (My .357 lever gun is the exception...but thats just a nostalgic, fun gun).

So my eventual SBR build will be a Draco with an underfolder stock. :cool:
TANSTAAFL

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

74novaman wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:

Mini Draco or regular Draco is the route I"ll be going when I eventually build an SBR.

I had a Sub2K. They're fun, interesting guns..but if I'm going to have something that size, I'd prefer it be in a rifle caliber. (My .357 lever gun is the exception...but thats just a nostalgic, fun gun).

So my eventual SBR build will be a Draco with an underfolder stock. :cool:
I don't have any interest in the SBR hassle so I'm not going that route. I subscribe to the mostly European (old school) style of using a taught sling for stabilization instead of a buttstock with smaller firearms like this... makes the gun a little more maneuverable, though less useful at long range... but if I'm carrying a rifle like that under a coat, in a bag or in my car, it's doubtful I'd be using it to snipe enemies a few hundred yards away (that's what the M82A1 in the backseat is for!) ;-)

I like the S2K mainly because it folds and will share mags with my Glocks.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

Don't get me wrong, I liked the S2k. Shot well, was light and handy.

I just tried to figure out when I would carry it/keep it in a bag close by....and couldn't think of a situation where I'd feel the need to deploy it that I wouldn't feel MORE comfortable deploying something in a rifle caliber...thus my decision to go the draco route eventually as probably the smallest rifle caliber package available to me.
TANSTAAFL

denwego

Post by denwego »

I'd really like to go the SBR/SBS route, but the fact that you can't transport them across state lines without an ATF permission slip makes it a pain in the butt more than I care to deal with. That plus the small but possible chance of me needing to move to a non-NFA state someday. My SUB-2000 is my dedicated carry gun for when I visit family in upstate NY, of all things :mrgreen:

heliguy972

Post by heliguy972 »

I conceal carry my Kriss sBR all the time in the cold days here in Texas!

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae28 ... 3_comp.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae28 ... 3_comp.jpg

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

MadMonkey wrote:
PBratton wrote:.

Man, who are you delivering messages for? The Mob? :fire :cup:

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

rm9792 wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
PBratton wrote:.

Man, who are you delivering messages for? The Mob? :fire :cup:
The messenger bag makes me feel like Jack Bauer... why do you think I carry a USPc?? :leaving

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”