New Kimber Solo

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
DaveT
Posts in topic: 3

New Kimber Solo

Post by DaveT »

The owner of the Abilene Indoor Gun Range treated me pretty good on the last Kimber Solo he had in stock. Brought it home, took it apart and cleaned it real good. Comes apart just like a 1911 with one exception.... when re-inserting the slide stop pin, there is a small spring that the lip of the slide stop has to catch. It is now oiled up and ready to go to the range for testing, probably some time next week after UPS delivers som ammo.

Did an online search and found a set of Crimson Trace rosewood colored laser grips, they are the same ones that Kimber puts on the CDP version of the Solo:

StewNTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Kimber Solo

Post by StewNTexas »

That is one nice carry pistol. Congrats
If the 2nd admendment only applies to muskets and muzzle-loaders, then the 1st admentment must apply only to the spoken or printed word. Printing must be done on hand presses, news stories must be written in longhand, no keyboards or electric processes may be used.

karder

Post by karder »

That is beautiful. I have become a pretty big fan of the Kimber line but have not had the pleasure of handling one of these yet. Looks like a great purchase. Let us know how it shoots.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

USASGT

Post by USASGT »

Congrats on the new addition! That's a nice piece; I've been reading a good deal about them lately. I carry an Ultra CDP II myself, so I'm interested in your upcoming range report.
U.S. Army 1982-87
Patriot Guard Rider
N.R.A. Member

Topic author
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Thanks guys, nice to hear those encouraging reports ! :thumbs2:

UPS delivered the ammo I need last night, will probably head to the range
Monday or Tuesday after our weekend early Christmas visitors are gone.

I normally carry an Ultra+ CDP II, so a smaller 9mm ought to be interesting. :fire

Topic author
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

The mailman delivered a couple of packages today, the Solo received its new Crimson Trace Rosewood Laser Grips and Ed Brown stainless short grip screws.

Here's before and after shots:

Before

After

I have several different brands of ammo in both 124 and 147 grain to experiement with, headed to the range tomorrow to see how the Solo performs. :thumbs2:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”