Post by MrDrummy »

Greg! Nice looking pistols!!

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by KBCraig »

gregthehand wrote:Here are mine!
How do you like that Para Hog?

Had any reliability or feeding problems?

Tote 9
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Tote 9 »

Greg, good looking pistols. I don't know that much about pistols to look at a pitcher
and tell what it is. I couldn't even pick out the Para Hog as Kevin did. Tell me more about them.
Don't Lose Your Head , Your Brains Are In It !!
At my age the only thing thats getting better is my FORGETTER.

dws1117
Posts in topic: 23

Post by dws1117 »

1911's just give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Sorry if that was TMI.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 72

Post by longtooth »

Not a compact. This is a full size. Same as yours except a 5" barrel instead of the 4. Go get the Colts. You can sleep here for a couple of nights if you need to. :rolll
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

carlson1
Posts in topic: 31

Post by carlson1 »

longtooth wrote:Went on an excersion to Big D. yesterday. Mom found her Baretta Storm so she is tickled.

This is the one I picled up while there. Springer & a Milt Sparks Watch 6.
Dont know why the top pic looks so dirty.
I can't believe you came here and did not call. We would have carried you out to eat and I would have let you buy me a Springfield also. :lol:

Tote 9
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Tote 9 »

longtooth wrote:Not a compact. This is a full size. Same as yours except a 5" barrel instead of the 4. Go get the Colts. You can sleep here for a couple of nights if you need to. :rolll
May be more than 2 nights. Linda doesn't know how much I've been
thinking about it. Since I bought the Kimber she thinks I've forgotten
about the colts. :drool:
Don't Lose Your Head , Your Brains Are In It !!
At my age the only thing thats getting better is my FORGETTER.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 72

Post by longtooth »

carlson1 wrote:
longtooth wrote:Went on an excersion to Big D. yesterday. Mom found her Baretta Storm so she is tickled.

This is the one I picled up while there. Springer & a Milt Sparks Watch 6.
Dont know why the top pic looks so dirty.
I can't believe you came here and did not call. We would have carried you out to eat and I would have let you buy me a Springfield also. :lol:
Actually we got only to Hutchins & loop 12 area. We were out of the truck twice for about 15 minutes each. You have a PM.
I will see you ASAP. We need to talk, pray, & fellowship.
I will take you up on the "eat" but another Springer might be to much. You can shoot it though & I will furnish the ammo. ;-)
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

gregthehand
Posts in topic: 3

Post by gregthehand »

The Para functions just fine, but I don't shoot it that much either. I am actually thinking about selling it. It's a fine firearms I just like my full size 1911's better.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Well after selling some others I finally picked up my 1911 in 9mm.
Kimber Custom shop Tactical Pro II, Front strap and bottom of trigger guard checkering 30 LPI, Checkered main spring houseing, 9mm caliber, Commander 4" Bushingless mstch grsde bull barrel, Dovetail fixed Meprolight Trintium 3 dot combat night sights, Double diamond black and gray laminate Checkered wood grips with Kimber logo, Match grade premium aluminum trigger set to 4 pounds, Extended ambidextrous thumb safety, Slightly extended magazine release and slide release lever, Matte black extended and beveled magazine well, Magazine has extended bumper pad. After I get it broke in it will be my new carry gun. If you have to go to 9mm this is the way to go. :lol:

Cosmo 9
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Cosmo 9 »

Very nice Mr. C. Very nice indeed!
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Skiprr »

carlson1 wrote:Well after selling some others I finally picked up my 1911 in 9mm.
Let us know how she shoots!

I have a dumb question that's off-topic, but won't take long. :grin: I've never owned or handled a bushingless 1911. What's the procedure to get the tension off the recoil spring to remove the slide stop?
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

That is not a dumb question at all. On the Kimber you use a small tool they send (looks like a bent paper clip and in fact you can use the paper clip). You place the tool in a small hole in the guide rod and when you allow the slide to come forward the tool stops and it takes the tention off. I had a Colt that screwed in and out and you used an allen wrench. Not for sure about the others.

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 63

Post by HighVelocity »

Is that what that little hole is for?? :lol: I just take it apart and compress the spring/rod assembly with my hand. Tools just complicate things. ;-)

BTW, beautiful gun. First 9mm Tac-Pro I have seen.
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Here is the Range Result - 100 Rounds of PMC 115gr/25 Rounds of Winchester Ranger 127gr +P+ at 15 yards. I shot a total of 250 rounds and had absolutely NO problems.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”