Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Big_Red_Tex
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Showing Off

Post by Big_Red_Tex »

MoJo wrote:
Big_Red_Tex wrote:Got a new gun, gear, or gadget you'd like to show off? Or maybe just want to brag on what you have in the vault? Don't be shy show it off. You won't be heckled.... much. J/K Provide tidbits on said equipment if you'd like: Where you got it? How much? What do you shoot? Favorite gun? ETC.

I'll go first, This is my first 1911 so I figured I'd get one with some flash to it.
Not actual picture (haven't recieved gun yet. Hurry up UPS) But a stock photo should suffice.
I know what General George S. Patton, Jr. would have said about that one! "rlol" :evil2:
Oh really what would he have said? My Patton needs to be refreshed.

XnTx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by XnTx »

jonrjen wrote: Well, I glad I'm not the only one to have picked one of these little Bling Beast up. I must say though, for the money it fires great, no problems (other than some light hearted ribbing). And I did change out the grips to Hogue.

I guess that's why they don't only come only in black. Watch out for muzzle flash. :coolgleamA:
CHL - 9/22/11
NRA Life Member - 12/12/15
XDS .45 or P380

atxtj
Posts in topic: 3

Post by atxtj »

My new to me series 70. Bought from a family friend that bought it new in the mid 70's. It's seen decades of carry and shows it. I replaced the sights, and added new pachmyers to freshen it up. I grew up shooting this pistol, so it's really great to call it my own. :mrgreen:

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

atxtj wrote:Image

My new to me series 70. Bought from a family friend that bought it new in the mid 70's. It's seen decades of carry and shows it. I replaced the sights, and added new pachmyers to freshen it up. I grew up shooting this pistol, so it's really great to call it my own. :mrgreen:

I love the character older carried guns have. Thats a nice one. :drool:
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Topic author
Big_Red_Tex

Post by Big_Red_Tex »

atxtj wrote:Image

Nice a little polish and elbow grease :drool: and that thing will look spectacular

atxtj

Post by atxtj »

I had set screws put in the slide to fill in the holes left from the Bomar rib sight that was on it! I still have the sight though, maybe I'll put it back on one day, it just screams 1977. :mrgreen:

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

Thought I would share a quick pic of my "fun kit" - this is a great stress reliever! You don't think this is a problem do you??
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

rm9792
Posts in topic: 5

Post by rm9792 »

Divided Attention wrote:Thought I would share a quick pic of my "fun kit" - this is a great stress reliever! You don't think this is a problem do you??
I see a huge problem, you dont have enough...

boba

Post by boba »

What's your alarm code?

jonrjen

Post by jonrjen »

OK, move over Taurus 1911 in Stainless and Gold....just picked up my latest purchased from my FFL.
It is a Taurus PT945. It is extreemly light weight, at least unloaded.

jonrjen

Post by jonrjen »

Taurus Raging Judge (.454,45LC,4:10)
Taurus .500 S&W 4"
Taurus M85 .38Spl Ultra lite.

Topic author
Big_Red_Tex

Post by Big_Red_Tex »

jonrjen wrote:OK, move over Taurus 1911 in Stainless and Gold....just picked up my latest purchased from my FFL.
It is a Taurus PT945. It is extreemly light weight, at least unloaded.
Now that there is a pretty thing, but she's a little thick in the hips. nice grips though. the gun shop near me has one I've been eyeballing it for a bit. What caliber is it?

Topic author
Big_Red_Tex

Post by Big_Red_Tex »

rm9792 wrote:
Divided Attention wrote:Thought I would share a quick pic of my "fun kit" - this is a great stress reliever! You don't think this is a problem do you??
I see a huge problem, you dont have enough...
Talk about one upsmanship. Nice. Definitely the winner in the clubhouse so far. :thumbs2:

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

This is my newest (and favorite) pistol...

It's a Dan Wesson V-Bob (Valor Bobtail). Solid forged stainless steel 1911 goodness!

So far I've put 800 rounds down the pipe without a malfunction of any kind. This thing runs like a Deere! :coolgleamA:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

atxtj

Post by atxtj »

Pawpaw wrote:This is my newest (and favorite) pistol...

It's a Dan Wesson V-Bob (Valor Bobtail). Solid forged stainless steel 1911 goodness!

So far I've put 800 rounds down the pipe without a malfunction of any kind. This thing runs like a Deere! :coolgleamA:
Nice! The CCO is top on my Christmas list. Fingers crossed!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”