Fatality @ The Bullet Hole in San Antonio

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Fatality @ The Bullet Hole in San Antonio

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote:
CEOofEVIL wrote:And not to derail the thread, but On the WOAI link posted above, I found the following comment:
I avoid the ranges on week ends. All kinds of weirdos show up with AK47s and such. Not a hunter in the bunch.
Good lord - I can't see an incident like this boding well for the gun community, especially when other "gun" people make comments like that. Folks that own AK's and/or tactical rifles aren't weirdos - we just enjoy a different style of shooting other than what hunting entails. :nono:
If you didn't know before what a "Fudd" is, now you do :lol:

Must be a member of the "National Hunting Association" "rlol"
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

AndyC wrote:
CEOofEVIL wrote:And not to derail the thread, but On the WOAI link posted above, I found the following comment:
I avoid the ranges on week ends. All kinds of weirdos show up with AK47s and such. Not a hunter in the bunch.
Good lord - I can't see an incident like this boding well for the gun community, especially when other "gun" people make comments like that. Folks that own AK's and/or tactical rifles aren't weirdos - we just enjoy a different style of shooting other than what hunting entails. :nono:
If you didn't know before what a "Fudd" is, now you do :lol:
Pot meet Kettle. Its this kind of internal divisiveness that hurts us on all sides. We don't need to divide ourselves into hunters, recreation shooters, self defense shooters, competitive shooters, ect. We need to be simply shooters, and that is who the gun banners plan to take the guns away from. Our own internal issues just make it easier for them. Now to bring my post on to topic, shootings such as these are tragic and serve no purpose. If it is accidental and a result from design or condition the of the range then the Bullet Hole needs to invest in some serious upgrades. If it's a case of suicide then there's nothing that could have been done so lets pray, or not if thats what you do, for the family of the man regardless of how he was killed and do what we can to help ensure that where we shoot is safe.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

goheeled

Post by goheeled »

pbwalker wrote:I stopped shooting at the pistol range there because it's grossly unsafe. Not necessarily the setup, but most of the people. I still use their back bays though.

I'd be curious what this ends up being...
About the only time I'm on a populated range anymore is when I'm teaching a CHL class, thus I'm focused more on my students than other shooters on the line. My wife was on the range with me a few weeks ago and said she saw other shooters, outside of my class, doing things that honestly made hear sick with fear. Once she made me aware of it, I corrected them. She is serious about buying me body armor though. At first, I was mixed about the idea but after much contemplation, i dont think it's that bad of an idea. I might look like an absolute tool on the range but I kind of dig this whole being alive thing. With two young daughters... I'll risk the hit to my ego.

Rod Townsend
Go Heeled Firearms Training
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Training Counselor & Chief Range Safety Officer

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

Remember the murder/suicide at the indoor range in FL when a woman killed her son and then self, right next to others in 2009.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stroguy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stroguy »

AndyC wrote: The Fudds' selfish, me-first attitudes are what's hurting us - simple as that and if their widdle feelings are hurt by being called a Fudd in response, then that's just too darned bad. How about "Quisling" instead?
Same thing at Cars N Coffee. Corvette owners, FOR THE MOST PART, NOT ALL, show no regard for the MOPAR dudes and dudettes. Ferrari owners, FOR THE MOST PART, NOT ALL, show no regard for the Japanese car owners. Instead it should all be car enthusiasts.

We are shooters and weapons enthusiasts. We marvel at our right to own them and marvel in their mechanical beauty.

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...AndyC nailed it...these are the ones who will be beating on our doors begging slugs and buckshot for their trap guns, and for ammo for their great-grandpa's .38 which they never fired...once it becomes personal to THEM...

68Charger
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 68Charger »

http://www.kens5.com/home/Shooting-rule ... 32323.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like it was a suicide.
We don't need no stinking badges!

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Are we really going down this path? So the dedicated hunters who have been part of the NRA are the enemy now because someone thinks they might not support their right to own a particular firearm? I think it's been the "wierdos" and not the "Fudds" who take old appliances out to the range, shoot them up, and leave them. Those hunters are a bit too concerned about conservation and having access to places to shoot to destroy our ability to use public ranges/lands. It is the Hunters that have held the line that we depended on prior to Heller and McDonald in order to get firearms that had "Sporting Purposes". In fact I would wager that if we kicked the "Fudds" out of the NRA then our ability to influence the powers that are in office would be significantly diminished. We need to bring the people that many folks consider Fudds into the fold, not drive them away because they are a significant portion of gun owners and there are anti-gun groups that will take them in like AHSA. You see them as a potential threat because they don't agree with with you on what should be protected, why would we want to make them into an actual threat? Now let me make this 100% clear. If we take an "All or nothing" approach we will end up with nothing. Same goes for the "With us or against us" attitude, you run with that long enough and you will end up with the entire world against you.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Please attempt to keep this on-topic.

Start another if you want, but this topic is about a fatality at The Bullet Hole in San Antonio.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Big_Red_Tex

Post by Big_Red_Tex »

It's a pity anyone would want to take their own life especially at the risk of hurting others. Sad really is And the worst thing is most of the time you have no idea that the people are in trouble. And btw I'm a weirdo. Because I don't like freezing my butt off waiting to kill an animal AND having to pay for a license to do it. Seems crazy to me. LOL I personally thing people like wearing the camo. Just my 2cents.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Skiprr wrote:Please attempt to keep this on-topic.

Start another if you want, but this topic is about a fatality at The Bullet Hole in San Antonio.
:iagree: Good Job!

Topic author
heyeng
Posts in topic: 4

Post by heyeng »

I hope this isn't the same guy, but looks like he may have been an officer in the USAF.

http://www.phillymag.com/weddings/real_ ... ared_king/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

heyeng wrote:I hope this isn't the same guy, but looks like he may have been an officer in the USAF.

http://www.phillymag.com/weddings/real_ ... ared_king/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There are supposedly 180 people in the US named Jared King. And, this guy was transfered to Fort Meade, MD last year, so doubt it would be the same one. A Google search with your name will probably end up with something on someone that is totally unrelated to you.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”