Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
roff
Posts in topic: 2

question about reloads

Post by roff »

lets say i go to the range and shoot my gun
they take the brass and sell it to reloaders
are my finger prints still on the casing or are they cleaned wiped down?
what if the reload rounds are used in a crime would my prints be on them?
i has chl
i has cfp

talltex

Re: question about reloads

Post by talltex »

During the reloading process your prints would be destroyed when the case is resized. Worrying about that is really stretching in my opinion...someone could also go pick up fired brass that's not reloaded and scatter it around a crime scene, but I've never heard of that happening either.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

michael e
Posts in topic: 1

Post by michael e »

I wouldn't worry about this. I reload, I sweep all brass around me up, throw in range bag, come home throw it in large box, from that box to tumbler, to tuperware by caliber, the loaded up into ammo. By the time the brass you fired has been reloaded it's has been threw my hands several times. Then threw the loading dies, then again threw my hands to load into boxes, then mags eventually.

fulano

Post by fulano »

roff wrote:lets say i go to the range and shoot my gun
Scary to think a crook would be into reloading. Perhaps a "crime of passion" incident would involve a sport shooter :headscratch
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they don't want to hear." George Orwell 1903-1950

Topic author
roff

Post by roff »

fulano wrote:
roff wrote:lets say i go to the range and shoot my gun
Scary to think a crook would be into reloading. Perhaps a "crime of passion" incident would involve a sport shooter :headscratch

cant you buy reloads at some stores or gun shows?
i has chl
i has cfp

rm9792
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rm9792 »

Yes, you can buy them at shows for sure. Never seen in any stores though.

fulano

Post by fulano »

rm9792 wrote:Yes, you can buy them at shows for sure. Never seen in any stores though.
I've bought reloads from gunshows too. I used to go to the Pasadena gun show because they could sell ammo. I bought for my 38 S&W and my 32 auto. Never a problem. JHP's were especally inexpensive. A friend told me he bought MagTech reloaded ammo from once fired brass through a distributor.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they don't want to hear." George Orwell 1903-1950

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

talltex wrote:During the reloading process your prints would be destroyed when the case is resized. Worrying about that is really stretching in my opinion...someone could also go pick up fired brass that's not reloaded and scatter it around a crime scene, but I've never heard of that happening either.
It would be easier for a bad guy to lift prints from someplace in public and plant them on shell casings.

Either scenario sounds like it belongs in a cheesy crime novel.

Moral of the story: wear gloves everywhere :leaving

talltex

Post by talltex »

Thomas wrote:
talltex wrote:During the reloading process your prints would be destroyed when the case is resized. Worrying about that is really stretching in my opinion...someone could also go pick up fired brass that's not reloaded and scatter it around a crime scene, but I've never heard of that happening either.
It would be easier for a bad guy to lift prints from someplace in public and plant them on shell casings.

Either scenario sounds like it belongs in a cheesy crime novel.

Moral of the story: wear gloves everywhere :leaving
:iagree:
A REAL cheesy novel! I can't imagine anyone sitting around looking for something so farfetched to worry about...I've got more than enough day to day real life stuff to think about. So what if you can buy reloads at a gun show or anywhere else...as far as fingerprints go its no different than buying anything else...YOUR prints aren't going to be on them until you handle them, so what difference does it make?
:headscratch
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”