A Proposal for Dallas Area Forum members

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Commander
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Commander »

I had intended to meet you guys in Plano today. However, I will have to pass this time.

I will seek out the forum table in Mesquite and the TSRA meeting. Hopefully, I'll meet several of you then.
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

hi-power
Posts in topic: 12

Post by hi-power »

I'm sorry you couldn't make it S&W6946. We had a great time. Bullet Trap is a nice place to shoot. They have quite a few guns for sale also.

I'll have to brag on age_ranger's new .45. He gave us all a turn with it and it made us look like pros. That was one sweet shooting gun that somehow didn't kick at all like .45's I've shot before.

Piney, it was great to meet you and I hope I can get to the Longview area in the near future and meet up with you again.

Topic author
Commander
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Commander »

I'm sorry too.....What is age rangers new .45?
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

hi-power

Post by hi-power »

It's a Beretta Cougar with some special gunsmithing. I forgot but I'm sure age_ranger will fill us in about it as soon as he reads this.

All I know is now I want one.

Piney
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Piney »

Greetings--

Nice to get the chance to catch up with y'all, too. I'll get out the calendar and try to make it to one of the CCIPDA or DPA matches soon.

Yeah-- that Cougar is a sweet shooter !! It didnt feel like a .45.

age_ranger

Post by age_ranger »

It was definitely a great time. I have to say I really enjoyed shooting hi-power's HI-POWER!! Love that pistol. It was a dream to shoot. I just seem to have fat hands and they get bit by that hammer. Still, with one hole downrage, that's one thing I can overlook!!!

Piney's Glocks confirmed my need to get one again. I have yet to add one to the stable, but they point very well for me and that 34 was simply awesome. I could definitely see me using one of those for IDPA.

These are truly some great guys. I hope to see Piney again soon and I know hi-power will be at some local matches!!!!

The .45 they're talking about is a rare acquisition. It's a Beretta Cougar 8045F "Cat Pack". I didn't have the LAPD long barrel or the special edition grips on it at the range, but here's what it looks like with those installed. It was incredibly nice with my first 8 shot group being one small, ragged hole. Very impressive on recoil management as well. Felt more like some +p 9mm.
http://www.berettaforum.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just remember: Your very best thinking got you where you are now!!!

XoZe
Posts in topic: 1

Post by XoZe »

Hello everyone...I wouldn't mind getting together either. BTW, I am a member of the Bullet Trap.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”