Top Shot 3

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

koolaid
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Top Shot 3

Post by koolaid »

I didn't say he wasn't from Texas, but if you watch him on other shows (he was on an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, as well), he does not sound like that. I think his voice coach must cringe every time he says the word "challenge" because he always slips out of cartoon cowboy mode when he says it.
01/02/2010 - Plastic

chlag01
Posts in topic: 5

Post by chlag01 »

Good episode last night. I really enjoyed watching Drew (aka Mr. Glock) get annihilated by Cliff (Revolver champ) WITH A GLOCK.
CHL since 08/31/2011
XDm Compact 3.8" 9mm in Comp-Tac MTAC holster
TSRA Member

Domineaux
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Domineaux »

Yeah it was a good episode with a really cool elimination challenge.
Cliff was smokin hot with that Glock 34 while Drew could barely shoot it.
"One cannot restrict the defiant by constraining the compliant."
Houston Gunners: http://houstongunforum.com
Suggestions by Domineaux

koolaid

Post by koolaid »

Makes me jealous. I wish there was somewhere around here to go shoot at stuff like that. Someday...
01/02/2010 - Plastic

74novaman
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 74novaman »

Pretty good episode. That redhead needs to man up though. He talks an awful lot, and then didn't back it up at all with the shotgun. He should have been in the elimination I think.

BTW, I hate the top shot threads....I don't have cable, so I have to watch it the next day. Have to tread lightly around the firearms forums on wednesdays to keep things spoiler free. "rlol"
TANSTAAFL

Topic author
bigmoney
Posts in topic: 11

Post by bigmoney »

I'm still not too sure what to think about the shotgun challenge. Sweet gun and good rear end whoopin on the blue teams part, but not quite as attention grabbing as the first to episodes.

The Glock challenge was pretty sweet thoough, very impressed with Cliff's shooting. I would have sent Ol Red to the elimination after bombing the slug course. I laughed when I heard him say he was 5 out of 10 on that challenge, that's not quite what I counted. Someone's in denial.
Don't choose a username while a stupid insurrance commercial is on the tv
M&P 9c edc
LCP bug
NRA

CEOofEVIL

Post by CEOofEVIL »

Last nights episode was good. I also agree that Ole' Red pretty much tried to play off his failure to perform with the "Well... No one performed well" type of explanation, so I was suprised to see that no one voted for him. Then again, he has been a good performer in the previous challanges and the team pretty much decided that they should vote based on that day's perfomance. However, this confuses me because I got the impression they were voting for Cliff because of his past performances. Sheesh.

I did enjoy seeing him clean up with that G34, that was sweet! That was a really, really ugly looking gun though. While I'm really finding it hard to really 'like' the competitors on this season so far as opposed to previous seasons, I think I like this guy and I'll be rooting for him.

Also, if you are interested in this show enough to discuss it like we're doing right now, everyone is right about listening to Calebs radio show. It gives you soooo much more insight into what actually happened on the show - the past two interviews has been awesome, as they really give some much need perspective. Sara gave a lot of valuable information on her performance, and her background and how it factored into her elimination. For those that didn't listen to the show, she was actually involved in an Officer Involved Shooting in previous years. She stated that she really felt very preassured to take her time and NOT hit any friendly targets during her elimination challage, as she takes/took that principal very seriously. She also stated she was very concerned about hitting a Friendly Target and having that used against her down the road in her professional life if by some chance she had to user her weapon in the line of duty again. IE: Scummy lawyer stating that her "Department should have been alarmed at the fact that she hit x amount of friendly targets on a TV show" or something of that nature. I can really appreciate the kind of stress that seemed to create for her. Also, she basically told all of the folks that have seriously been bad mouthing or questioning her ability as a LEO because of her performance to "shove off" - good on her. :thumbs2:

At any rate, I just really love the fact that you get to hear the actual reality of the show (Which is quite ironic given the fact that it's a "reality" show, no?). I knew that what we were seeing on TV was far from how things play out, but it's great to hear specifics about it.

Domineaux

Post by Domineaux »

Agree completely CEOofEVIL, you mentioned a lot of good points.
Suggestions by Domineaux

Topic author
bigmoney
Posts in topic: 11

Post by bigmoney »

Yeah that Glock was just ugly :ack:

I haven't listened to any of the radio shows yet, wish I could have gotten them for my extra long(thanks to traffic and road closures) drive to dfw last weekend. But I am glad that thos thread has gotten past all the "I hate this show because---" posts and gotten down to the episode discussion like I originally intended. I almost quit reading my own thread because of that, glad I stuck it out though.

I heard them say on the next weeks previews something about the red team may quit dogging the blue team for their reinactments/training routine and actually try something of their own? Suppose the stomping they received may have changed their attitude?
Don't choose a username while a stupid insurrance commercial is on the tv
M&P 9c edc
LCP bug
NRA

scgstuff
Posts in topic: 2

Post by scgstuff »

I think there stomping by the red team was caused more by the fact that they were screaming and yelling to get the speed reloads done instead of figuring out how to sight the shotgun properly. Maybe is they worked on marksmanship (this is a marksmanship show, isn't it?) instead of speed and let the speed come to them once they are accurate, they would have done better.

Domineaux

Post by Domineaux »

scgstuff wrote:I think there stomping by the red team was caused more by the fact that they were screaming and yelling to get the speed reloads done instead of figuring out how to sight the shotgun properly. Maybe is they worked on marksmanship (this is a marksmanship show, isn't it?) instead of speed and let the speed come to them once they are accurate, they would have done better.
It was the blue team doing the "reloading fast under pressure" during practice. The red team just shot and was shooting well enough in practice even if they blew it during the match.
Suggestions by Domineaux

scgstuff
Posts in topic: 2

Post by scgstuff »

Domineaux wrote:
scgstuff wrote:I think there stomping by the red team was caused more by the fact that they were screaming and yelling to get the speed reloads done instead of figuring out how to sight the shotgun properly. Maybe is they worked on marksmanship (this is a marksmanship show, isn't it?) instead of speed and let the speed come to them once they are accurate, they would have done better.
It was the blue team doing the "reloading fast under pressure" during practice. The red team just shot and was shooting well enough in practice even if they blew it during the match.
DOH, you're right...guess I need some caffine or something to wake up.... :banghead:

Domineaux

Post by Domineaux »

It's easy enough to mix them up.
Suggestions by Domineaux

TXlaw1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TXlaw1 »

Man, I loved that rolling cannonball course! That would be awesome to shoot. Cliff showed his talent and skill in a dominating way.
Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NET) Also, Jesus said, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed"(Luke 11:21 NAS)

michael e
Posts in topic: 1

Post by michael e »

koolaid wrote:Makes me jealous. I wish there was somewhere around here to go shoot at stuff like that. Someday...
I agree, those challenges would be fun. I need to win the lotto and get alot of land.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”