hickok45

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

WickedOwl
Posts in topic: 1

Re: hickok45

Post by WickedOwl »

Nutnfancy is a little too "mall ninja" for my liking. Hickok45 seems to have more experience with firearms and (for me) is more enjoyable to watch. He's pretty honest and gives fair reviews and opinions on things. He seems like the kind of guy you'd love to just sit around and talk with.

Mr.ViperBoa

Post by Mr.ViperBoa »

G26ster wrote:
bigmoney wrote:Of all the youtube reviewers, Hickok45's the best... Just an all around fun guy to watch.
You got that right! A great down to earth guy who doesn't promote an agenda, or pretend to be an "expert" like so many on YouTube and the web in general.

ex·pert. noun \ˈek-ˌspərt\

1. A person who doesn't know anything more about the subject than you do, but has his material better organized, containing color illustrations, and lives at least 50 miles from you.
:iagree:
Christian/Family man
Veteran
CHL Instructor
http://www.texaschlsolutions.com/

PocketGroove
Posts in topic: 4

nutnfacny

Post by PocketGroove »

I love Hickock...that guy is like every redneck's uncle or grandpa. He's a great shot, his cowboy gun demos are cool, and he owns every silly glock on the planet. I'm from Georgia and he reminds me of family and I respect him. But I'm also a soldier and I've never seen him shoot from anything but some flatfooted, relaxed position. The dude is a x-cop from Tennessee. I wish it were always that easy for my friends downrange right now, but for them life isn't some steel plated hogan's alley for plinkin.

Yeah yeah yeah, nutinfancy...breathless twit....mall ninja....i get you.
At least this guy practices and trains in a realistic manner that most CHL holders and computer jockeys/collectors will never come close to encountering. If you ever get a chance to go through some modern military combat training, maybe you can and will relate to him. If you sit around practicing speed reloading and quick draws for your little competition thinking that is the end all/be all of gun ownership and use...then his reviews and style would not appeal to you. I totally understand...just look at all the beer-belly EDC photos. When was the last time you squeezed off a round when you were out of breath?

At least I've SEEN how he trains and I'm betting it's more than most guys have done in years. Actually, the way he trains is more rigorous than what the vast majority of US military forces encounter in a fully 20 years of service. Ask any Airman, Sailor, Solider, or Marine when the last time they ran up a mountainous, live fire range utilizing both long arms and pistols. Most will say never. Some will say, once...a while ago. The elite, might say yesterday, but odds are YOU don't know those guys and they won't tell YOU.

With the exception of the true combat arms personnel, most military jokers qualify on a rifle once a year and there is barely any real world training involved. They just group/zero/qualify. Most of which they do laying on their belly. I don't know what SWAT go through, but I've been trained by the Master Gunner of the Texas 36th Infantry Division who does train SWAT, and I'm sure it's even more intense because the stuff he says is so real it'llscare the crap out of your average solider or soccer mom.

It's so easy to speak low about others via the internet, especially when you have no clue what you're talking about. We all see it all the time. It's a shame to see it on this forum. But I love all the amendments, so let the free speech continue!

He's no Seal. He's not Delta. He's not even close to being an Army Ranger. He's not even a cop, and is he's hardly an American hero. But, the guy has shot a lot under conditions you haven't, and he does some solid internet reviews of gear that's interesting to me, and apparently a lot of others, regardless of whether his style suits you or not. Check his reviews out if you have a purchase on the horizon. They are better than most.

G26ster
Posts in topic: 3

Re: nutnfacny

Post by G26ster »

PocketGroove wrote:
With the exception of the true combat arms personnel, most military jokers qualify on a rifle once a year ...
Military joker?

:confused5

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

PocketGroove wrote:I love Hickock...that guy is like every redneck's uncle or grandpa. He's a great shot, his cowboy gun demos are cool, and he owns every silly glock on the planet. I'm from Georgia and he reminds me of family and I respect him. But I'm also a soldier and I've never seen him shoot from anything but some flatfooted, relaxed position. The dude is a x-cop from Tennessee. I wish it were always that easy for my friends downrange right now, but for them life isn't some steel plated hogan's alley for plinkin.

Yeah yeah yeah, nutinfancy...breathless twit....mall ninja....i get you.
At least this guy practices and trains in a realistic manner that most CHL holders and computer jockeys/collectors will never come close to encountering. If you ever get a chance to go through some modern military combat training, maybe you can and will relate to him. If you sit around practicing speed reloading and quick draws for your little competition thinking that is the end all/be all of gun ownership and use...then his reviews and style would not appeal to you. I totally understand...just look at all the beer-belly EDC photos. When was the last time you squeezed off a round when you were out of breath?

At least I've SEEN how he trains and I'm betting it's more than most guys have done in years. Actually, the way he trains is more rigorous than what the vast majority of US military forces encounter in a fully 20 years of service. Ask any Airman, Sailor, Solider, or Marine when the last time they ran up a mountainous, live fire range utilizing both long arms and pistols. Most will say never. Some will say, once...a while ago. The elite, might say yesterday, but odds are YOU don't know those guys and they won't tell YOU.

With the exception of the true combat arms personnel, most military jokers qualify on a rifle once a year and there is barely any real world training involved. They just group/zero/qualify. Most of which they do laying on their belly. I don't know what SWAT go through, but I've been trained by the Master Gunner of the Texas 36th Infantry Division who does train SWAT, and I'm sure it's even more intense because the stuff he says is so real it'llscare the crap out of your average solider or soccer mom.

It's so easy to speak low about others via the internet, especially when you have no clue what you're talking about. We all see it all the time. It's a shame to see it on this forum. But I love all the amendments, so let the free speech continue!

He's no Seal. He's not Delta. He's not even close to being an Army Ranger. He's not even a cop, and is he's hardly an American hero. But, the guy has shot a lot under conditions you haven't, and he does some solid internet reviews of gear that's interesting to me, and apparently a lot of others, regardless of whether his style suits you or not. Check his reviews out if you have a purchase on the horizon. They are better than most.
Do you feel better?
Psalm 91:2

PocketGroove
Posts in topic: 4

Post by PocketGroove »

AndyC wrote: Talking to or about me? :roll:
I don't know. AM I talking to you? If you know of other insightful reviews of interesting combat arms put through the paces aside from simple ballistics, please let me know! :bigear:
G26ster wrote:Military joker?
You know those 42 series who screw up your paperwork? You know there are even 101 and 82 airborne BANDs? Yeah...those guys smoke and joke. You must know by now that some of these folks you work with are barely fit to fight. But if they pass weight, or at least tape, it's ok. It's a day job, no biggie. right? Just flag'em till they take enough diuretics and let'em retire at e-6.
SQLGeek wrote: Do you feel better?
Yeah, SQLGeek. I feel good because my sense of self worth isn't dependent on badmouthing strangers online.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

PocketGroove wrote: Yeah, SQLGeek. I feel good because my sense of self worth isn't dependent on badmouthing strangers online.
Alllrighty then.
Psalm 91:2

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

PocketGroove wrote: He's no Seal. He's not Delta. He's not even close to being an Army Ranger. He's not even a cop, and is he's hardly an American hero. But, the guy has shot a lot under conditions you haven't, and he does some solid internet reviews of gear that's interesting to me, and apparently a lot of others, regardless of whether his style suits you or not. Check his reviews out if you have a purchase on the horizon. They are better than most.
You are correct, he is not any of those things. He IS an Air Force Lt. Col., and I don't care if folks love or hate his videos. I have no opinion either way. I do respect his service.

I do, however, have an opinion of support troops. Not everyone is a front line combat soldier. Whether you believe it is 3 to 1, 5 to 1, or 7 to one, it takes a vast number of those troops to support the combat soldier. The front line troops must be supplied with food, ammo, fuel, equipment, medical, finance, etc. Those support troops train in their specialty, and only receive BASIC combat training and arms qualification because that is not their primary role. Front line troops are supported by land, sea, and air, and if it not for that support, the overall mission would likely fail. Everyone who wears the uniform serves, regardless of their role, and deserve our collective and individual respect.

Topic author
Vandelay Ind.
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vandelay Ind. »

Hijackers! Seriously, nutnfancy's were the first gun videos I watched a couple years ago. I ate up everything he said for a while, then I kind of got the impression that he was trying to push certain products. Then I joined this forum and realized how many different opinions and philosopys are out there and I would take a senior members advice on most subjects over nutnfancy. As far as his military background goes, hes claims he is/was a pilot of some sort.

Personally, hickoks "flat footed" pivot shooting style relates more to CHL than nutnfancy's running & gunning.

Hickok reviews what the people ask him to review and nutnfancy says he doesnt have time to answer questions.
I dont dislike nutnfancy, but ill stick with hickok45 for my youtube gun fun.

The rest of you get back to your corners :boxing
The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli -George Costanza

bigmoney
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bigmoney »

PocketGroove wrote:At least this guy practices and trains in a realistic manner that most CHL holders and computer jockeys/collectors will never come close to encountering.
This is the only issue I have. I'd like to know why ANY chl'er or computer jockey would need to train like this, on any regualr basis or not? How is his "get suited up" and run and gun in the desert going to prepare any chl'er for a realistic close encounter such as someone trying to car jack you or rob/rape you? It's not! Self defense training and hip shooting type training will help. You sound like somone who assumes that chl'ers are suppose to take the place of military or law enforcement. His "training" might be fun, but I'm going to stick with real life - everyday self defense training for the average joe against a would be attacker, not GI trainging against insurgants.

All these guys are doing is gear/gun reviews and simply their training is irrelevant, and I presonally hope your rant made you feel better because it was useless. Hickok gives great reviews on functionality and practical purposes, Nutnfancy just jawjaps on and on about how 2 oz's makes all the difference and 2 extra bullets means the world to him. He has some decent reviews on things, but he's as dull as a soup spoon.
Don't choose a username while a stupid insurrance commercial is on the tv
M&P 9c edc
LCP bug
NRA

Blindref757

Post by Blindref757 »

AndyC wrote:
PocketGroove wrote:I love that guy! Him and nutnfancy are the lords of gun vids on youtube.
Nutnfancy is a breathless twit.
+1

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”