Patriot Gun Safes

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
AustinBoy
Posts in topic: 1

Patriot Gun Safes

Post by AustinBoy »

Anyone have any experience with Patriot Safes?

I am in the market for a new safe (and on a budget) and it looks like they have some incredible deals.

Worried about that "if it's to good to be true" saying.

Thanks for any feedback.
NRA - Life Member
TSRA - Life Member

LJM

Re: Patriot Gun Safes

Post by LJM »

My BIL and I have both bought from Patriot and been extremely pleased. :thumbs2:
5/27/10 PLASTIC
Ruger SR40c

olafpfj

Post by olafpfj »

Can't remember the exact model I have and I'm traveling but I'm more than pleased with mine. Have an electronic lock and have not had any issues whatsoever. Mine can hold up to 20 something but is only half stuffed (but about to have to take over the other side). Weighed 680 empty and much more with all the ammo in it. Price around $800. It will help in a fire, keep the kids out and deter the average snatch and grab thief but realistically if you want in it you will get in it with some effort and a lot of commotion. I don't subscribe to the elitists who always advocate buying a $3k safe to protect $1k of firearms. Granted we tend to have more value than that if you're buying a metal box but still.

Where was I...oh yeah...mine works great!!!
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

Mr.ViperBoa

Post by Mr.ViperBoa »

I really need to get one but they are all way out of my budget right now. To many pokers in the fire right now.
Christian/Family man
Veteran
CHL Instructor
http://www.texaschlsolutions.com/

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

olafpfj wrote:I don't subscribe to the elitists who always advocate buying a $3k safe to protect $1k of firearms
Not an elitist here, just getting that out of the way....but this weekend the wifey suggested we go safe shopping...oh, we looked at a few guns too....after looking at some of the $3K safes (and the STICKER SHOCK that went with them), all I gotta say is WOW, they are almost nice enough to move into! Kind of reminded me of an apartment in Tokyo... :biggrinjester:

But seriously, we went to Cabela's, Bass Pro and Academy. Trying to figure out the "best bang for the buck" and get something nice to store the collection in. I don't have a problem justifying the price but I look at it this way, if I spend $1K LESS than that's another gun (or maybe two?) to add to the collection. :evil2: The wife agrees with me. Decisions decisions....

I'll tell you what I did NOT like, on some of the "value-priced" and even "mid-line" safes I noticed that the fit and finish inside were not that good, ie - carpet not covering the wood, the metal brackets on the side (to adjust the shelve height) were warped, etc.

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

There's a guy in Keller that sells "scratch n Dent" or something. He advertises in Texas Hunters forum, get a lot of good reviews and recommendations.
Personally, mine lives in a walk-in closet so I don't care if it's a cosmetic blem.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”