hickok45

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Vandelay Ind.
Posts in topic: 2

hickok45

Post by Vandelay Ind. »

does anyone else like to watch hickok45's channel on youtube? He does reviews on concealed carry type guns, shotguns, rifles, you name it. You will notice right away that hes a glock fan but he recognizes every manufacturer. I've been watching him for over a year and I really value his opinion on shooting and i think hes a great guy with an awesome place to live. If I were going to buy a new gun tomorrow i would look to see if he has a video of it first and i tell everyone else to do the same. I see questions on this forum all the time about this gun, that gun, this caliber, "yada yada yada". Its all on hickok45's youtube channel. Try it and you wont be dissapointed.
The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli -George Costanza

esxmarkc
Posts in topic: 1

Re: hickok45

Post by esxmarkc »

Seen a few of his vids also and follow him on YT. Really seems like a down to earth guy. Does great break-down and cleaning vids as well.

Has a great Halloween pumpkin carving vid too!
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009

kal0

Post by kal0 »

hickok45 great informative youtube channel... Im subscribed to him and watch most of his videos (I haven't seen the cowboy action ones, I know I might be missing some good stuff)...
For those that don't know this is the link http://www.youtube.com/hickok45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really enjoy his videos ... he is one of the reasons I started looking into CHL and guns 2 years ago.
Now I just need to buy some good land and create a my own awesome range :thumbs2: ...

No but in a serious note I'm even considering the whole IDPA or sports of shooting because of it also.. it looks fun!

Life is Good!

doc.lonestar

Post by doc.lonestar »

I enjoy the part 2's the best - nothing liking blowing thru a lot of ammo in the name of "science". Great resource if you are doing research on a firearm.
Texas DPS Certified CHL Instructor AND
Maker - Premimum Handcrafted Leather Concealment Holsters

http://www.lonestar-tactical.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edc

G30 with 2x12 spare magazines
Ruger LCR bug with 2x5 spare quickstrips
Coldsteel Spartan folder
Quark Tactical

RSJ

Post by RSJ »

Just to add, I watch hickok45 for trusted reviews about various topics including maintenence, reviews of new weapons, and strategy.
I watch FPSrussia to see him blow stuff up and a reminder in gun safety. He breaks the "four rules of gun safety" constantly, but does have a nice arsenal.
NRA Member

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

Interesting fellow! Thanks for the link!
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

CEOofEVIL

Post by CEOofEVIL »

Hickok is great! He's my favorite on Youtube. Been watching him for about 2 years now and he just keeps getting better. Very knowledgable and down to earth, plus he's one of those guys I could listen to for hours. Speaking of, make sure you check out the "radio" shows he uploads on saturdays . They are just as great as his vids and are great for listening to while you get work done around the house.

He's got a style all of his own, and represents the shooting community in very positive light unlike some other jokers on YT.

bigmoney
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bigmoney »

Of all the youtube reviewers, Hickok45's the best. I can't get over how easy it is for him to take a small barrelled gun and hit that gong rather consistantly. And you couldn't ask for a cooler range setup. You gotta love the great breakdowns and comparisons between similar guns, along with lots of ammo down tube. I used to watch the guy nutnfancy some, but all he does is sit there and blab on and on. I really liked his recent info video on the different size S&W frame sizes, i learned a thing or two there. Just an all around fun guy to watch.
Don't choose a username while a stupid insurrance commercial is on the tv
M&P 9c edc
LCP bug
NRA

G26ster
Posts in topic: 3

Post by G26ster »

bigmoney wrote:Of all the youtube reviewers, Hickok45's the best... Just an all around fun guy to watch.
You got that right! A great down to earth guy who doesn't promote an agenda, or pretend to be an "expert" like so many on YouTube and the web in general.

ex·pert. noun \ˈek-ˌspərt\

1. A person who doesn't know anything more about the subject than you do, but has his material better organized, containing color illustrations, and lives at least 50 miles from you.

bigmoney
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bigmoney »

G26ster wrote:
bigmoney wrote:Of all the youtube reviewers, Hickok45's the best... Just an all around fun guy to watch.
You got that right! A great down to earth guy who doesn't promote an agenda, or pretend to be an "expert" like so many on YouTube and the web in general.

ex·pert. noun \ˈek-ˌspərt\

1. A person who doesn't know anything more about the subject than you do, but has his material better organized, containing color illustrations, and lives at least 50 miles from you.
and pretty modest about what he does seem "expert-ish" about. gotta like that kind of quality in people.
Don't choose a username while a stupid insurrance commercial is on the tv
M&P 9c edc
LCP bug
NRA

LongHairedRedneck
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LongHairedRedneck »

+1 on Hickok45 subsciber here.

Also check out kiwitedferney and C2builder. Both make nice machine gun videos.
If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

PocketGroove
Posts in topic: 4

Post by PocketGroove »

I love that guy! Him and nutnfancy are the lords of gun vids on youtube.
I think hickok's video of him shooting a 230yard steel gong target with a G26 is pretty outstanding.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SQLGeek »

Just saw a couple of his videos featuring the PM9. I want his range!
Psalm 91:2

PocketGroove
Posts in topic: 4

Post by PocketGroove »

Andy,

I can understand why nutnfancy might rub some people the wrong way, but with 13.5 million views and 142,000 subscribers he is undoubtedly one of the most influential gun guys on the tube. Hickok45 boasts an impressive 3.9 million views and 82,000 subscribers.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”