ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

atxtj
Posts in topic: 2

Re: ammo on sale

Post by atxtj »

Cabelas has S&B 115gr. 9mm for 9.99 a box (50). Decent price if you are close by.

40khammer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 40khammer »

Fiocchi FMJs for 12.99(per50) at Abble Ammo in Huntsville, Tx. You can also order them online and have them shipped to your house.

Medic624

Post by Medic624 »

Wal Mart...

100 of Winchester 9mm for $19.99
:eek6
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (AMDG)
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
George Washington

extremist
Posts in topic: 4

Re: ammo on sale - Lucky Gunner

Post by extremist »

Just wanted to give a Thumbs Up for Lucky Gunner. :thumbs2: I ordered some 9mm Wolf WPA and some S&B from them before I took my Combat Focus Shooting Class in Tulsa at USAA a couple of weeks ago. Smooth online transaction and delivery was fast.

They had a cheaper delivered price than Natchez and still have some great prices on 1000 round cases of 9mm.

If you are buying in bulk, they are worth checking out.

They have Wolf for $88/500 and S&B on sale now for $199/1000.

http://www.luckygunner.com/handgun/9mm- ... _per_round" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Buy with confidence.

Regards,
James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Wysiwyg101

Post by Wysiwyg101 »

I'm still new to the whole self-defense idea and still doing my research as I get together the funds for the various items I will need to purchase. Part of my research has informed me that I need to get periodic range time in for both myself and my weapon. That being said, I have heard about range ammo and SD ammo. What is the
difference? Is there a different grain count or something? FMJ vs. hollowpoint? Etc...

Bulldog1911

Post by Bulldog1911 »

Wysiwyg101 wrote:I'm still new to the whole self-defense idea and still doing my research as I get together the funds for the various items I will need to purchase. Part of my research has informed me that I need to get periodic range time in for both myself and my weapon. That being said, I have heard about range ammo and SD ammo. What is the
difference? Is there a different grain count or something? FMJ vs. hollowpoint? Etc...
Short answer is : FMJ is for practice. JHP's (hollow points are for self-defense) However, you want to make sure you run some of the SD ammo of your choice through your weapon to ensure that it feed's and ejects properly. Hollow points open up and prevent over penetration, and transfer more energy into the Bad Guy.
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by RPB »

Bulldog1911 beat me to it

:iagree:
Wysiwyg101 wrote:I'm still new to the whole self-defense idea and still doing my research as I get together the funds for the various items I will need to purchase. Part of my research has informed me that I need to get periodic range time in for both myself and my weapon. That being said, I have heard about range ammo and SD ammo. What is the
Generally Self Defense Ammo is like hollowpoints/JHP ... range/practice ammo is cheaper Full metal jacket FMJ

You should
1) practice SOME with the actual self-defense ammo to be sure that brand/type actually functions in your particular gun reliably
2) if you get "cheaper practice/range ammo" then get some which is approximately the same bullet weight, in grains and power (like non +P or +P etc ... practice with something similar to what you will actually carry

Practicing with something of similar weight and power is because some recoil more or less ... if you practice with lighter grain bullets, then use a Self Defense round of a heavy grain in an emergency, you don't want the recoil to "surprise" you and take longer to acquire a second follow up sight picture.

Now, to get on the topic of ammo on sale
... here's a neat chart you can sort by bullet type and grain and price by first picking your caliber, then sort by ... then find the cheapest of that grain / type
use both "sort by" ... and "group by"
http://www.ammoengine.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by RPB on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 9

Post by SQLGeek »

Here are my thoughts:

Range ammo is usually the cheap FMJ ammo with a lower grain bullet in that particular caliber. Some brands might be Federal, Winchester White Box, Monarch, etc. As a whole, FMJ is cheaper than JHP, which makes it cheaper to put more rounds down range to practice. FMJ, however, is generally regarded as a poor self defense round in comparison to JHP. This is the reason for the advice of practice with FMJ but carry JHP.

That being said, be sure to run an adequate amount of your chosen carry JHP ammo to ensure that it will feed reliably in your gun. Though it is more expensive, practicing with it on occasion to feel the recoil compared to FMJ would also not be a bad idea. Some reloaders will reload using JHP in a recipe that mimics their carry round so that they can practice with it more often.

Edit: Evidently I am slow on the up take as two answers came in while I was writing mine out. Some geek I am. :cryin
Psalm 91:2

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 183

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Little off topic fellers. :tiphat: This thread is meant for ammo on sale or availability.

JackRR
Posts in topic: 23

Post by JackRR »

Looks like Wallyworld has WWB 9mm consistantly at $19.97 per 100. FM1431/US183 Leander/Cedar Park and RR620/US183 Austin

JackRR
Last edited by JackRR on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

texanron
Posts in topic: 5

Post by texanron »

JackRR wrote:Looks like Wallyworld has WWB 9mm consistantly at $19.97 per 100. FM1431/US183 Leander/Cedar Park and RR620/US183 Austin

Jacks
Thats the same price I'm still seeing in the Tomball area. I also like the Federal Champion 9mm ammo WalMart sells for $10.47 per 50.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

ixmerlinxi

Re:

Post by ixmerlinxi »

"snip"
Quick question: anybody shot enough Aguila to give a thumbs up or down on quality?[/quote]
"snip "

Aguila has some real quiet .22 stuff in the rifle it makes less noise then my boys pellet gun. had real good luck with there .32 ammo also good for using at the rang low cost and no ftf's
the 21st century changes everything and the human race has to ready

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

S&B 9mm 115gr FMJ for under $10/box of 50.
http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?cont ... J%2050/Box" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have shot literally thousands of rounds of this over the years with no failures due to ammo.
Its good, clean reliable ammunition for practice or target.

Shipping is $28 for a case.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 183

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Chemist45 wrote:S&B 9mm 115gr FMJ for under $10/box of 50.
http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?cont ... J%2050/Box" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have shot literally thousands of rounds of this over the years with no failures due to ammo.
Its good, clean reliable ammunition for practice or target.

Shipping is $28 for a case.
Not for nuttin but that shipping charge is 1.40 a box. 9.50 plus 1.40 = 10.90 a box..... PLUS TAX.

Rugerboy50

Post by Rugerboy50 »

Starting to burn alot of 12 ga ammo skeet shooting.

1) What's the best type 12 ga. ammo for skeet shooting.

2) Where's the bext price to buy it?

Thanks

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”