Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

40khammer
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Post by 40khammer »

Just thought I'd update my EDC. I purchased a S&W SD40 and have placed it into my EDC in place of my 380. I'll still carry my .380 on days I don't want to carry the full size .40, but for now I'm opting for the higher caliber.

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RottenApple »

40khammer wrote:Just thought I'd update my EDC. I purchased a S&W SD40 and have placed it into my EDC in place of my 380. I'll still carry my .380 on days I don't want to carry the full size .40, but for now I'm opting for the higher caliber.[/img]
Kind of OT but.... My CHL instructor thought that carrying of different guns for different seasons could lead to being out of practice with a gun you haven't carried in awhile. For you folks that use one gun in the summer and a different gun in the winter, do you practice with both all throughout the year, a little bt before switching, or not at all? Does it take long to get used to the feel of a different gun when you've been carrying one for awhile?

nmartine

Post by nmartine »

RottenApple wrote:
40khammer wrote:Just thought I'd update my EDC. I purchased a S&W SD40 and have placed it into my EDC in place of my 380. I'll still carry my .380 on days I don't want to carry the full size .40, but for now I'm opting for the higher caliber.[/img]
Kind of OT but.... My CHL instructor thought that carrying of different guns for different seasons could lead to being out of practice with a gun you haven't carried in awhile. For you folks that use one gun in the summer and a different gun in the winter, do you practice with both all throughout the year, a little bt before switching, or not at all? Does it take long to get used to the feel of a different gun when you've been carrying one for awhile?

If I have the money for ammo I shoot with all my ccws. All are 9mm except the Bersa which I don't carry often anymore since I picked up my PF9.

:cheers2:

Nick
CCW:
Beretta PX4 SC 9MM
Bersa Thunder .380
Keltec PF-9

40khammer

Post by 40khammer »

RottenApple wrote:

I shoot ALOT. Every gun I own gets shot every time I go to the range except my old single shot .410

I will probably not end up carrying the pk380 because even with it being as hot as it has been I have still been able to carry the SD40 and an extra magazine comfortably.

However, since I don't have any kids I keep a gun stashed in each room. Therefore I find it necessary to practice with every gun I own.

Besides the .380 is fun and cheap to shoot. :p

68Charger
Posts in topic: 50

Post by 68Charger »

40khammer wrote:
RottenApple wrote:
40khammer wrote:
Ugh, no, the .380 is not cheap to shoot. Unless you buy in bulk, maybe.. I own 2, .380's and almost cringe when I go buy ammo for them. I don't see why they're much more expensive than let's say.. a 9mm. I always consider buying .45 ammo opposed to .380. Just more fun to shoot, and prolly a dollar more for ammo.
We don't need no stinking badges!

40khammer

Post by 40khammer »

68Charger wrote:
40khammer wrote:
RottenApple wrote:
40khammer wrote:
Ugh, no, the .380 is not cheap to shoot. Unless you buy in bulk, maybe.. I own 2, .380's and almost cringe when I go buy ammo for them. I don't see why they're much more expensive than let's say.. a 9mm. I always consider buying .45 ammo opposed to .380. Just more fun to shoot, and prolly a dollar more for ammo.
Let me rephrase. The .380 is cheap to shoot in my town. I pay around $11 a box at my local gun store.

Terlingueno
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Terlingueno »

My Colt 1991A1 Compact

michael e
Posts in topic: 1

Post by michael e »

68Charger
Posts in topic: 50

Post by 68Charger »

Terlingueno wrote:My Colt 1991A1 Compact
I love you. Not you, the gun. :P
We don't need no stinking badges!

texanron
Posts in topic: 5

Post by texanron »

Terlingueno wrote:My Colt 1991A1 Compact
Nice! :thumbs2:
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

surferdaddy
Posts in topic: 21

Post by surferdaddy »

CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

My credit card wallet, benchmade and new LC9. I recently upgraded from my TCP, wanted a little more wallop and to be honest, I have big mitts and that little 380 got lost in them. Still have the taurus though, good shootin little gun. I also have a S&W 645, I love it but it is a bit too big to comfortably carry for me. Honestly, I was going to go IWB for the LC9 but being a bigger dude, 6'1" 225, I am finding that it slips into my front pocket very well.
CHL/LTC instructor

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

I forget my Blackberry bold 9700, it was however the picture taker.
CHL/LTC instructor

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

Oh, and my Seiko Monster. Just started realizing that I EDC a lot of stuff!
CHL/LTC instructor

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SQLGeek »

surferdaddy wrote:My credit card wallet, benchmade and new LC9. I recently upgraded from my TCP, wanted a little more wallop and to be honest, I have big mitts and that little 380 got lost in them. Still have the taurus though, good shootin little gun. I also have a S&W 645, I love it but it is a bit too big to comfortably carry for me. Honestly, I was going to go IWB for the LC9 but being a bigger dude, 6'1" 225, I am finding that it slips into my front pocket very well.
I got to hold an LC9 the other day and I have to say, I'm impressed. How's it shoot?
Psalm 91:2

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”