Public opinion of SD shootings.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

Public opinion of SD shootings.

Post by gigag04 »

Reading the absurd comments on a local news site about a local incident and a guy posted this:
Posted by: a man who knows on May 6, 2011 at 06:07 PM

No matter the race, area or situation you don't shoot unarmed people. It's easy to say "well you know the neighborhood" and that's your ticket. They shot a drunk guy a few years back who only possessed a two inch pocket knife. Shoot to disable not to kill. Leg shots are effective. Even warning shots calm a situation.
I would like to personally see this guys response to a shot or two across his bow. Reading comments on news sites regarding incidents that I am somewhat privy too is frustraing.

(if you find the story don't ask because I won't comment)

These are the pool of jury members. Good luck....

Stay safe.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

didactic

Re: Public opinion of SD shootings.

Post by didactic »

At the risk of offending those who REALLY DO know, the rules are:

Don't shoot anybody unless you REALLY HAVE TO.

If you REALLY DO HAVE TO, shoot for center of mass, with the objective of STOPPING the threat.

The objective is not to kill, nor to avoid killing. Just to stop the threat. Whether the "bad guy" lives or dies is between him, the trauma center staff, and G_d.

Shoot until the threat is ended, no pre-determined number of shots.

Shooting for a limb, with the objective of wounding, is a really bad idea.

Firing a warning shot is also a bad idea. Many things can go wrong.

The shooter is responsible for every bullet he fires, and every bullet has a lawyer following immediately behind it.

Thanks

michael e

Post by michael e »

Well shooting for a arm or leg seems like the bullet would have alot more of a change of going threw the target and onto another. Which you will still be responsible for, if you put yourself in a situation where i feel i need to draw my gun and defend myself or family I will not be aiming for your leg. I will be trying to make sure me and my faimly are safe and that you are not going to contuine to be a threat to me.

Toadstone

Post by Toadstone »

Say you're carrying the ultra-popular .380 LCP, like so many Americans are. If some huge dude is charging at you, are you going to shoot him in the legs to stop him? You could empty a magazine into his chest and it might not stop him.
And, no, I'm not bashing the LCP. I carry one sometimes.
04/11/10 Class taken
05/29/10 Plastic in hand

Medic624

Post by Medic624 »

Uh... I'm sure you're all well aware and for those who are not ... the path a bullet takes through the body once it enters the skin is anyones guess. I have seen a guy who had one hole in his shoulder and another on the opposite side of his neck... One eighteen year old girl who was sadly carelessly and accidentally shot through a wall and into her left collarbone had the other hole on her side below her right lower ribs... Limb shots are just as deadly and a ridiculous statement made by someone who is clueless and/or must be an amazing shooter to be able to know in such an adrenaline charged situation that they can take the time to aim and make such a precision shot... Again... Clueless! :nono:
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (AMDG)
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
George Washington

zero4o3

Post by zero4o3 »

Medic624 wrote:Uh... I'm sure you're all well aware and for those who are not ... the path a bullet takes through the body once it enters the skin is anyones guess. I have seen a guy who had one hole in his shoulder and another on the opposite side of his neck... One eighteen year old girl who was sadly carelessly and accidentally shot through a wall and into her left collarbone had the other hole on her side below her right lower ribs... Limb shots are just as deadly and a ridiculous statement made by someone who is clueless and/or must be an amazing shooter to be able to know in such an adrenaline charged situation that they can take the time to aim and make such a precision shot... Again... Clueless! :nono:
but... they do it in the movies all the time

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Even warning shots calm a situation.
I know they always calm me. :cool:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”