Printing on jeans back pocket

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Divided Attention
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Printing on jeans back pocket

Post by Divided Attention »

JMPHO. I don't know what kind of belt you are using, and even after reading here everything about gun belts I poo-poo'd that they could make that big a difference. A new shooter supply opened near us and they had a Tucker sizing belt and several sizes. I tried one on with my 9mm and the faint problem I had with my IWB belt clips poking at the bottom went away (I plan to trim the extra off and just haven't yet). Now I am trying to convince myself I want a heavy belt.

While it made a difference I am of the girl persuasion, and am just getting used to wearing belts. Trying to convince myself to spend that much on a belt that I can't wear with everything is hard ;-) It would be cutting into range funds!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

jframe.38 wrote:What kind of holster are you using.
Shockvalue wrote: My primary is a G23 with a Crossbreed Supertuck.

DFWTT
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DFWTT »

Looks ok to me if that is the way it looks on the OP. That was anoher guy demonstrating. I have a G21 with an extended/threaded barrel, 5.2in, and with that cant and position that is the same way it looks on me minus the ralph laurens add levis. I just demonstrated to myself to be sure. +1 on don't sweat it. I once forgot to remove my G22 after a comp and went in the gas station with cover all willy nilly on a windy day and no one noticed, not even me until I sat back down on it. O shat moment as I did not have a CHL at that time. People are truly in thier own worlds these days.

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 3

Post by sugar land dave »

DFWTT wrote:People are truly in thier own worlds these days.
:iagree:
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Kirk

Post by Kirk »

sugar land dave wrote:
DFWTT wrote:People are truly in thier own worlds these days.

Going through college I worked inside a ride at an amusement park. My job was to watch for fire / vandals and to assist with getting people out in an emergency. I was told to stay in the shadows but it seemed everyone who passed picked me out in the dark. I've always heard people overlooked the obvious so I started sitting in the open 3 feet above the floor on the fence right in front of everyone and no one ever saw me. I had to yell at a couple people for horse play and scare them since they believed they were alone.

People are in their own little worlds and even though its obvious to you no one notices it.
KE5HLZ
NRA Life Member

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Shockvalue
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Shockvalue »

You guys and gal are funny! I knew when I posted the pic, I'd catch flack for the Polo jeans. My wranglers are too tight for an IWB!!! I figured I'd At least get one suggestion of "try shopping at a place that sells mens clothing"!!! :mrgreen:

I guess I misused the word "printing". It doesn't really print but may draw attention because of the weird wrinkle. I'll try sliding around to 3:00to see if that helps.

Topic author
Shockvalue
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Shockvalue »

Divided Attention wrote:JMPHO. I don't know what kind of belt you are using, and even after reading here everything about gun belts I poo-poo'd that they could make that big a difference. A new shooter supply opened near us and they had a Tucker sizing belt and several sizes. I tried one on with my 9mm and the faint problem I had with my IWB belt clips poking at the bottom went away (I plan to trim the extra off and just haven't yet). Now I am trying to convince myself I want a heavy belt.

While it made a difference I am of the girl persuasion, and am just getting used to wearing belts. Trying to convince myself to spend that much on a belt that I can't wear with everything is hard ;-) It would be cutting into range funds!
Crossbreed belt with Velcro clips. :thumbs2:

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

I use Comptac belt with Velcro sewn in and velcro clips, or a holster with a J clip under the belt I put velcro on so it sticks to the underside of the belt without sliding/migrating.

I'm a very big fan of a real gun belt with Velcro sewn under the belt too.
Last edited by RPB on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

Shockvalue wrote:You guys and gal are funny!
You should see us on SNL. ;-)
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Shockvalue wrote:You guys and gal are funny! I knew when I posted the pic, I'd catch flack for the Polo jeans. My wranglers are too tight for an IWB!!! I figured I'd At least get one suggestion of "try shopping at a place that sells mens clothing"!!! :mrgreen:

I guess I misused the word "printing". It doesn't really print but may draw attention because of the weird wrinkle. I'll try sliding around to 3:00to see if that helps.

At the law office where I used to work, my boss had that extra extra starched crease in the legs, and told me I needed to iron my jeans ...

I replied, your creases aren't where my body folds, My body wrinkles in lots of places and so do my jeans, get used to it. (I worked there 25 years, he fired me around 4 or 5 times, always discovered he needed me back though, about the only reason I stayed is most places you can't talk to the boss like that, but he put up with me because of my value... would take time to establish that with a new employer) I also pulled out his daughter's Abecrombie Fitch catalog and showed him expensive "pre-wrinkled" clothes where people pay lots of money to obtain my look. "rlol"

Your jeans look "relaxed" like mine do, that's all. :thumbs2:

I started out farther back, but 3:00 conceals better on me and is easier access, especially in the car. I'm 6'0" 175 lbs mostly in the middle, sort of a "reverse hourglass"
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasGal »

I grew up on a farm and I was going to comment on the jeans being sissy jeans, but somebody beat me to it :biggrinjester:
Butt seriously, they look fine and no body would even notice the printing issue. :iagree:
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Matt78665

Post by Matt78665 »

I had the same issues when I first started concealed carry. People on this board educated me and reassured me that all was well. It does not look like a gun at all.
:txflag: :patriot:
"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
St. Augustine

Diesel42

Post by Diesel42 »

LOL!
Your boss reminds me of my English teacher... In high school, unironed faded jeans were the norm. My English teacher announced one day that all us boys looked like unmade beds! That was the best compliment and we loved it.

Back on topic, most of my time is driving. I found 9 o'clock cross draw works best for me. When I get out of the car, my bulky pants cover the barrel and my spare tire cradles the handle. No one has ever picked it out, even when I ask close friends if I'm printing. Hope that helps.
Happy Trails! N

RPB wrote: At the law office where I used to work, my boss had that extra extra starched crease in the legs, and told me I needed to iron my jeans ...
<SNIP>

Your jeans look "relaxed" like mine do, that's all. :thumbs2:
I started out farther back, but 3:00 conceals better on me and is easier access, especially in the car. I'm 6'0" 175 lbs mostly in the middle, sort of a "reverse hourglass"
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

MasterOfNone

Post by MasterOfNone »

TexasGal wrote:Butt seriously, they look fine and no body would even notice the printing issue. :iagree:
Nice, appropriate slip. :smilelol5:
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

speedsix
Posts in topic: 5

Post by speedsix »

...if it bothers you...wad up a big red handkerchief and cram it partially into the pocket...or carry a biker wallet there...but it's not that obvious unless someone was really looking...

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”