Continental Airlines Lost My Luggage With My Handguns

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Continental Airlines Lost My Luggage With My Handguns

Post by anygunanywhere »

I flew nonstop from Bush IAH to Charleston, WV (Chuck Yeager) last night. My bag did not arrive. I had two checked pistols and ammo in the luggage.

I was pretty frantic. There was no ticket agents on duty, only the handlers. They asked us (about 20 people) to write our contact information on paper and they would deliver the bags tonight.

I contacted Continental on their frequent flier number and spoke with them. I expressed my concern that I did not have my flash fire resistant clothing and other safety equipment, and also my handguns and ammo. She placed a priority on the luggage but it is now almost 10 am and their website shows no indication of having found my luggage.

I am glad I didn't bring my Kimbers.

Isn't travel fun?

Anygun.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

dpatterson
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dpatterson »

They didnt loose your luggage.

Continental is bad about over loading the planes with stuff other than luggage. So your stuff has to wait for a plane that has room so it can make it to its final destination.

This has happened to me several times.... Not very fun when you only have whats on your back and you have meetings the next day.

Your stuff will show up. Hang in there!

DP
If Guns kill people, my keyboard mispells words.....

TraCoun
Posts in topic: 1

A suggestion to ponder ....

Post by TraCoun »

FWIW, I know someone who has lots of experience with checking f/a's with airlines. I don't know that he has done it since 9/11, but he made it a practice to insure his bags for about $ 5,000 when the guns were inside. The cost was neglibible and it gave the airline more incentive to handle it carefully.

Thanx,
TraCoun

Chris

Re: A suggestion to ponder ....

Post by Chris »

my last flight on american left me at my destination trying to find something dry to wear the next day. my white clothes were ruined. both of my suitcases were soaking wet. my clothes had nice brown water lines running all through them. since then, i load everything in garbage bags, and then put that in my luggage so my clothes aren't destroyed.

DFC

Post by DFC »

Last time Continental lost my luggage it took them 3 days to get it delivered to my house. Lucky for me I was on my return trip home.

kw5kw

Post by kw5kw »

'Tiz why I haven't flown for a very, very long time.

When I travel I know exactly where my luggage is... it's in the trailer behind me (RV).
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

FWIW, sorry anygun...

This has got to be nerve racking...

Let us know when you get them back!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

casselthief
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by casselthief »

didn't someone say something about this feeling akin to not being able to find a child?

sounds appropriate, at least...
"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun..."

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

dh & I are going with my mom & step-dad to Colorado in March. I have BEGGED everyone to drive, but they insist on flying. I hate flying.

I hope you get your guns soon.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

MrDrummy

Post by MrDrummy »

Oh man!

I'm flying with my Kimber tomorrow. It got to Tennessee just fine, and now let's hope that it gets back home ok.

Hope you find your stuff. Let us know what happens...

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

Oh man, good luck.. That's one of my fears.
It's also one of the reasons I think CHLs should be allowed to carry on the plane. Even if they have to carry frangibles.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Continental flew my b ag to Charleston and it arrived at the airport early afternoon Monday. I called at 7 pm Monday from work and they said they would deliver it Tuesday. :evil: :evil:

I drove back to Charleston from KY and picked it up. My handguns are fine. I loaded up in the airport parking lot and open carried to KY where we enjoy reciprocity.

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 6

Post by seamusTX »

That's good news. Otherwise you would have to change your user name to nogunnowhere. :grin:

- Jim

dpatterson

Post by dpatterson »

anygunanywhere wrote:Continental flew my b ag to Charleston and it arrived at the airport early afternoon Monday. I called at 7 pm Monday from work and they said they would deliver it Tuesday. :evil: :evil:
Hmm... Continental delivered by bags as soon as they got in, which was about 10pm. I was 2 hours away. Bags showed up at 3am.

They should have been on the ball to get them to ASAP.

DP
If Guns kill people, my keyboard mispells words.....

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

seamusTX wrote:That's good news. Otherwise you would have to change your user name to nogunnowhere. :grin:

- Jim
:smilelol5:

Stillanygunanywhere

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”