spud
Posts in topic: 1

Post by spud »

Count me in!

Topic author
Commander
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Commander »

Wow! I started this so I guess I need to move it to the next step.

A couple of thoughts - we could either have it at one range or a couple of ranges. If we use more than two its going to be hard to remember where each time. We've got some members on the west (Ft Worth, Grapevine, Lewisville) and some on the east (Rockwall, Mesquite, Wylie, etc) We could pick one range on the east side and one on the west side and take turns. That way the driving is shared by everyone.

I only have experience at two ranges - Garland Public Shooting Range (outdoor) and Targetmaster (indoor) both in Garland.

Any other suggestions for the east side? How about the west side? or is there a range somewhere in the middle that would work for all of us?
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

nitrogen
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nitrogen »

There's Bullet Trap in Plano, off of Parker and K, which is where I usually go. There's also Quail Creek in Argyle, where i've been. The rangemasters are old and grizzly, and have no problems telling you your ammo is "girly ammo" but otherwise it's a good place.

(yah, I shoot girly 9mm, what of it :lol: )
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

kw5kw

Post by kw5kw »

Elk Castle west Ft. Worth http://www.elkcastle.com/
On Target SW of Ft. Worth http://www.ontargetfirearms.com/

I really recommend On Target as that's where I got my CHL and renewal plus I purchased one of my XD's there.
However Elk Castle is where I purchased most of my weapons.

Russ
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

tomc
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tomc »

I hold a Personal Protection Match on the second Saturday every month at the Dallas Pistol club in Carrollton. Its where we held our little Dallas area get together this spring. It starts at 11:00 and y'all are more than welcome to come and shoot with us. I could set up a special squad with just TxCHLforum members. Check out http://www.dallaspistolclub.com for more info and directions.

Tom
be safe,
be prepared,
tomc

hi-power
Posts in topic: 12

Post by hi-power »

Well, in my neck of the woods the only place I can think of for a group of people is Elm Fork off Luna and Northwest Highway (Irving). The new management has spruced it up a little bit. It's outdoors and when I'd shoot skeet there, we'd sit on lawn chairs or tailgates and tell lies between rounds.

Forget Bass Pro - they only have 6 stations and no place close by to hang around and talk.

The Marshal
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Marshal »

tomc wrote:I hold a Personal Protection Match on the second Saturday every month at the Dallas Pistol club in Carrollton. Its where we held our little Dallas area get together this spring. It starts at 11:00 and y'all are more than welcome to come and shoot with us. I could set up a special squad with just TxCHLforum members. Check out http://www.dallaspistolclub.com for more info and directions.

Tom
THAT would be awesome! I would go for that.

Also, we can meet and shoot Sporting Clay at Elm Fork Range off Luna & 635 in the Grapevine area.

Ooops! I see that Hi-power just posted this. :D

Trope

Post by Trope »

Sounds fun to me. I may not be able to make it every time (having a toddler keeps us busy), but I will when I can.

DFW gun range (on mockingbird) is pretty nice, but their 14 lanes get busy at times). dfwgun.com/Facilities.htm They have nice ventilation since they opened back up, which is good for an indoor range.

I'd love to check out Dallas Pistol Club.

cyphur
Posts in topic: 5

Post by cyphur »

Just let me know when and where, and I'll be there. Pistol, rifle, shotgun, I love 'em all!

Rey, we need to get together buddy! Going to have to head to the range eventually :)

bigolbigun

Post by bigolbigun »

I'm in post the details. Weekends are best.

Topic author
Commander
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Commander »

Dallas Pistol Club does sound interesting, but that $175 initiation fee + $150 annual dues makes it cost prohibitive for some.

DFW gun range is located sort of on the west side of Dallas and would be handy for a good number of us. Their webpage speaks of meeting rooms and a lounge. Either of those would be nice to use to visit before or after. TxInvestigator used to be associated with them. Perhaps he'll comment.

Right now, I count 17 that are interested in participating. Make that 19 counting bigolbigun and myself.
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

I would love to be a part of this, but I don't have too many free weekends. We usually do CHL classes on the first and third Saturdays of the month. And on the Saturdays we don't do classes, my other half is working at Cabela's.

But, I will put in my 2 cents worth for a location anyways. The Shooting Gallery (Winchester) is on the East side of Fort Worth, right on the edge of Arlington. That's about as centrally located in the Metroplex as they come.

If we make arrangements, we could probably get a block of lanes, maybe even the whole new range to ourselves, if we have a good turnout.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

zeroskillz

Post by zeroskillz »

count me in!
It'd be great to find somplace we could do a little run and gun-idpa style, but without any idpa restrictions. just use what you carry and have fun. just my 2 cents. Don't get me wrong though--I'm in for whatever. I can bring my X-Five if anyones interested in giving one a try.
-Zeke

tomc
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tomc »

A note on fees and costs at the Dallas Pistol Club:

The matches we hold on weekends are open to the public. Non members only have to pay a daily temp membership fee of 5 dollars. That with a match fee of 5 dollars means non members can shoot the match for a total of only 10 dollars, generally cheaper than range fees at a public range.

Being a member allows you to shoot anytime you want for free, except for a match fee for scheduled matches.

Tom
be safe,
be prepared,
tomc

zeroskillz

Post by zeroskillz »

hey tomc, does the club allow practice from a holster and rapid fire--at least more than a double tap? I've been eye-balling your club online for a bit but haven't had a chance to make it out there yet. I'd love a place where I could practice IDPA type drills.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”